Close

    • Weistec M157 AMG W.4 turbo upgrade teaser shows 1000 horsepower - W212 Mercedes-AMG E63 makes 832 on a Dynojet

      Yes, that number is at the crank. At the wheels? 832 horsepower. Torque is an impressive 829 lb-ft. This is going to be the next level of M157 turbo upgrades and of course will apply to all M157 powered vehicles. This particular W212 Mercedes-AMG E63 has the Weistec bulletproof transmission upgrade as well.


      What makes this even more impressive? This is a stock internal M157. The fuel system is also stock. Weistec isn't sharing all the details just yet but the fuel on this run was 110 octane race gas.


      There no doubt will be questions about the recently released Weistec M157 forged engine internals. All we can say on the matter is those internals are suddenly looking far more interesting.

      It's taken a little while to get here but Weistec already made good on their 1000+ horsepower promise. More details to come but the M157 is moving into the big leagues.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec M157 AMG W.4 turbo upgrade teaser shows 1000 horsepower - W212 Mercedes-AMG E63 makes 832 on a Dynojet started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 16 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        How are you people not blown away by this being done on the stock internals and stock fuel system?
      1. M-Theory's Avatar
        M-Theory -
        This is pretty amazing stuff, stock internals and fuel systems pushing these numbers! Can't wait to see when they go all out on a M157 power wise. Would love to have the W4 setup on mine.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M-Theory Click here to enlarge
        This is pretty amazing stuff, stock internals and fuel systems pushing these numbers! Can't wait to see when they go all out on a M157 power wise. Would love to have the W4 setup on mine.
        It's insane!

        I'd love to see it on an ML or G63 just for giggles.
      1. PianoProdigy's Avatar
        PianoProdigy -
        Impressive but I think I speak for many others who have been waiting for almost a year after the photos and to not have at least the full dyno chart where we can see the curve is a bit annoying. I know you just screenshot it from Instagram, so I'm not shooting the messenger.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PianoProdigy Click here to enlarge
        Impressive but I think I speak for many others who have been waiting for almost a year after the photos and to not have at least the full dyno chart where we can see the curve is a bit annoying. I know you just screenshot it from Instagram, so I'm not shooting the messenger.
        I don't get it man do you not see teaser in the title?
      1. PianoProdigy's Avatar
        PianoProdigy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't get it man do you not see teaser in the title?
        i do, just tired of the tease, that's all
      1. gzim335's Avatar
        gzim335 -
        I hope it's true 830whp n not what the case was with the hybrids where they showed 700+ on racegas n we dynoed 645whp on ms109 n ms109 tune from weistec,Ams carbon intake which added 15whp peak n over 40whp at redline n Ams cooling system for consistency
      1. Vasily1's Avatar
        Vasily1 -
        Well i am glad there is someone else to join GAD in a "1000+ club"! Welcome Weistec and i wish i meet such a car in the EU to race head to head. Just my 2 cents: if i were the customer i would install foged internals if i intend to use the car somewhere else (ie besides dyno).
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vasily1 Click here to enlarge
        Well i am glad there is someone else to join GAD in a "1000+ club"! Welcome Weistec and i wish i meet such a car in the EU to race head to head. Just my 2 cents: if i were the customer i would install foged internals if i intend to use the car somewhere else (ie besides dyno).
        Definitely a wise precaution. Holding dyno horsepower and real world horsepower are two different things.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PianoProdigy Click here to enlarge
        i do, just tired of the tease, that's all
        I mean, who else is on this level? This stuff isn't done overnight. How fast do you expect it?

        I think your expectations are a bit unreasonable. If they don't post anything then people say 'is it still being developed?' and if they do then they say they are sick of teasers.

        A bit of a Catch-22.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gzim335 Click here to enlarge
        I hope it's true 830whp n not what the case was with the hybrids where they showed 700+ on racegas n we dynoed 645whp on ms109 n ms109 tune from weistec,Ams carbon intake which added 15whp peak n over 40whp at redline n Ams cooling system for consistency
        this ^... i want to see what it makes on pump gas, because i remember AMS was making 787whp on race gas on their M157 turbo ugrades a few years ago but they are saying on pump gas their M157 turbo kit makes around 680-700whp so big difference from their race gas numbers
      1. PianoProdigy's Avatar
        PianoProdigy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I mean, who else is on this level? This stuff isn't done overnight. How fast do you expect it?

        I think your expectations are a bit unreasonable. If they don't post anything then people say 'is it still being developed?' and if they do then they say they are sick of teasers.

        A bit of a Catch-22.
        As far as my expectations being unreasonable, I disagree that it is unreasonable to expect tangible results almost a year later after releasing high quality photos of the physical product (your 8/8/15 post). Then, after months and months of zero updates, they post a video to Instagram with an incomplete graph.

        Really, my primary reason for commenting on this particular thread was only that I wanted to see the complete dyno graph, that's all. Obviously, the graph exists, and they are proud of the results. It takes just seconds to post the actual graph.

        I'm not just some guy $#@!ing about this either, I'm a real customer with an M157 equipped car who wants a worthwhile turbo upgrade. The day you posted those high quality photos back in August, I expressed my interest in this turbo upgrade, and I'm still interested.
      1. Batman's Avatar
        Batman -
        +1 to the comment by PianoProdigy.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PianoProdigy Click here to enlarge
        As far as my expectations being unreasonable, I disagree that it is unreasonable to expect tangible results almost a year later after releasing high quality photos of the physical product (your 8/8/15 post). Then, after months and months of zero updates, they post a video to Instagram with an incomplete graph.
        Respectfully, I disagree. Development time of over a year is well within reason in the aftermarket for forced induction products let alone one that completely pushes the platform to a whole new level.

        You prefer Weistec to not even say anything about development?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PianoProdigy Click here to enlarge
        Really, my primary reason for commenting on this particular thread was only that I wanted to see the complete dyno graph, that's all. Obviously, the graph exists, and they are proud of the results. It takes just seconds to post the actual graph.
        Obviously it will come in a press release with full details. It isn't officially available yet so they posted a teaser which is much appreciated at least from where I'm sitting.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PianoProdigy Click here to enlarge
        I'm a real customer with an M157 equipped car who wants a worthwhile turbo upgrade. The day you posted those high quality photos back in August, I expressed my interest in this turbo upgrade, and I'm still interested.
        Excellent.

        Fortunately, that is exactly what you will get. There are many other tuners who release products too early and who rush jobs. This isn't one of them.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Batman Click here to enlarge
        +1 to the comment by PianoProdigy.
        Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now! I want I want I want! I demand instant gratification!!

        Good +1.
      1. gaspam's Avatar
        gaspam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Gimme gimme gimme! Now now now! I want I want I want! I demand instant gratification!!

        Good +1.
        that should of been bernie sanders supporters campaign slogan, except with the word "for free" added in there before every exclamation point Click here to enlarge