Close

    • First Supercharged M156 63 AMG Motor by Weistec Engineering

      Here we have a teaser video of a supercharged M156 V8 on he C63 AMG. There has been a lot of discussion of this not being possible and extremely difficult to excute. So far, it seems Weistec has been able to get the hardware down using a 2.3 liter twin screw supercharger. We do not know what boost they are running (likely somewhere in the 6-7 psi range if on pump) and we do not know the cost or even who is doing the tuning. More on this as it develops but we are glad to see this is being attempted and development is moving along.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Supercharged M156 started by c32AMG-DTM View original post
      Comments 121 Comments
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        $15k for any M156, 28k for SLS. Pricing now on website:

        http://weistec.com/products.html

        Told you Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        $15k for any M156, 28k for SLS. Pricing now on website:

        http://weistec.com/products.html

        Told you Click here to enlarge

        I do not understand why the SLS is $13k more for the same hardware?
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I do not understand why the SLS is $13k more for the same hardware?
        It's got some unique hardware to it and very few kits will be sold to recoup the tooling costs. Not sure if it's worth 2x the cost of a regular kit but they are $200K cars.

        Looking at the parts list I think you're going to need to do your own fuel system upgrades if you have anything other than a stock motor ie Longtubes, etc. .
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        I'd really like to see the cog drive assembly as well. I can't imagine it's a real cog setup (that would be insanely annoying for a daily driver as far as noise) and cogs chew up crank snouts in no time, so I'm wondering what it looks like.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        It's got some unique hardware to it and very few kits will be sold to recoup the tooling costs. Not sure if it's worth 2x the cost of a regular kit but they are $200K cars.
        It is marked up clearly because of the SLS base price.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Looking at the parts list I think you're going to need to do your own fuel system upgrades if you have anything other than a stock motor ie Longtubes, etc. .
        If enough boost is pushed to necessitate fueling upgrades won't that be exceeding the trans limits anyway?
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It is marked up clearly because of the SLS base price.
        Or that. Click here to enlarge

        If enough boost is pushed to necessitate fueling upgrades won't that be exceeding the trans limits anyway?
        Yes. Actually if any changes are made you're out of fuel. This kit is nothing like what's available for the Bimmer guys, totally different target demo. It's not geared towards performance freaks, more toward the masses.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        Yes. Actually if any changes are made you're out of fuel. This kit is nothing like what's available for the Bimmer guys, totally different target demo. It's not geared towards performance freaks, more toward the masses.
        Well, I would think to buy this someone has to be an enthusiast and those enthusiasts tend to want as much power as possible. I'll see what they have to say when I visit and hopefully I can get a dyno graph.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        My God, MHP has got to be the biggest hater alive...
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        My God, MHP has got to be the biggest hater alive...
        Of course lol
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        whatever power you can make with bolt ons then you can add that to this kit so the fact that you can get to 500whp w/o the boost is an added bonus in my eyes, assuming the tranny holds up
        seems like mhp makes 530+whp with just intake tune longtubes stock rear section exhaust. now add heads cams you're at 600whp now then slap this blower on and you're golden
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
        seems like mhp makes 530+whp with just intake tune longtubes stock rear section exhaust. now add heads cams you're at 600whp now then slap this blower on and you're golden
        ~510rwhp SAE with Airboxes, Headers/Mids, Tuning. We've yet to see what we'll get in total with cams but I can't see 50rw not happening.

        We would spec a completely different grind for use with this kit than we would N/A. Wouldn't matter though, it's going to be easy to hit the TCU tq limiters with stock sticks.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        My God, MHP has got to be the biggest hater alive...
        Why, because they know more about this driveline than you do?
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Why, because they know more about this driveline than you do?
        lol, they seem to THINK they know more then anyone... I dont buy it sorry... They are hating, this is not even about a driveline... Hating from the start because someone made a nice product. Most unprofessional attitude around (ive said this before in an argument with them)..
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        lol, they seem to THINK they know more then anyone... I dont buy it sorry... They are hating, this is not even about a driveline... Hating from the start because someone made a nice product. Most unprofessional attitude around (ive said this before in an argument with them)..
        You must be the only one not seeing their results, sorry but I tend to believe what they say over what you or any other random poster that doesn't even own the brand in question has to say.

        Have you seen this supercharger in person? Any results posted? Then how do you know it's a nice product? A: You don't you're just assuming again.

        If I was in the market for this kit I would definitely be interested in reading all the factual info MHP and others have posted about the 722.9 drivelines. Unless you've blown one up and rebuilt one I don't think you have a leg to stand on regarding commenting in this department either.

        I enjoy the upfront attitude and no BS answers, if you're looking for sugar coating they are definitely not the right shop for you lol.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        You must be the only one not seeing their results, sorry but I tend to believe what they say over what you or any other random poster that doesn't even own the brand in question has to say.

        Have you seen this supercharger in person? Any results posted? Then how do you know it's a nice product? A: You don't you're just assuming again.
        Listen buddy, (MHP fan)



        Yes, Ive seen the car with the supercharger. He actually drives the car ALOT. Rather have a stock sounding C63 making 500whp then an obnoxiously loud C63 making less then 500whp. Have you seen the product? A: You don't know $#@!.

        If I was in the market for this kit I would definitely be interested in reading all the factual info MHP and others have posted about the 722.9 drivelines. Unless you've blown one up and rebuilt one I don't think you have a leg to stand on regarding commenting in this department either.

        I enjoy the upfront attitude and no BS answers, if you're looking for sugar coating they are definitely not the right shop for you lol.
        Did you know that MHP doesn't even really have a location? Did you know that MHP claims they THEMSELVES TUNE their cars but they do not? They claim they have exclusive tunes, when they just email tunes from overseas? They claim they have a dyno yet they show pictures of a dyno in another country lol.. Im not getting into this again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you are a loyal MHP fan.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Yes, Ive seen the car with the supercharger. He actually drives the car ALOT. Rather have a stock sounding C63 making 500whp then an obnoxiously loud C63 making less then 500whp. Have you seen the product? A: You don't know $#@!.
        You have? Whose is it?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Did you know that MHP doesn't even really have a location? Did you know that MHP claims they THEMSELVES TUNE their cars but they do not? They claim they have exclusive tunes, when they just email tunes from overseas? They claim they have a dyno yet they show pictures of a dyno in another country lol.. Im not getting into this again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you are a loyal MHP fan.
        Vik, that IS their dyno....
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        I don't have any allegiance with MHP, but I have seen their cars run first hand numerous times at MIR. They are definitely impressive. Both Mthis and dodger drive their cars ~5hours down from NY, hammer them repeatedly at the track, and then drive them 5 hours back home. The cars never hiccup or stutter, and their times speak for themselves.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Vik, that IS their dyno....
        Its not their's. Its their email tuner's dyno. Weve been over this, there is proof on MBworld and here of the dyno location (as well as the real tuner)..
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You have? Whose is it?
        I know the owners/developers of Weistech. I saw the car first hand the other day, he drove down from OC to LA. Straight up daily driver, stock everything except the blower. The guy knows his stuff man, he even re-tuned my car a little on the dyno a couple months back.