Close

    • First Supercharged M156 63 AMG Motor by Weistec Engineering

      Here we have a teaser video of a supercharged M156 V8 on he C63 AMG. There has been a lot of discussion of this not being possible and extremely difficult to excute. So far, it seems Weistec has been able to get the hardware down using a 2.3 liter twin screw supercharger. We do not know what boost they are running (likely somewhere in the 6-7 psi range if on pump) and we do not know the cost or even who is doing the tuning. More on this as it develops but we are glad to see this is being attempted and development is moving along.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Supercharged M156 started by c32AMG-DTM View original post
      Comments 121 Comments
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        I don't have any allegiance with MHP, but I have seen their cars run first hand numerous times at MIR. They are definitely impressive. Both Mthis and dodger drive their cars ~5hours down from NY, hammer them repeatedly at the track, and then drive them 5 hours back home. The cars never hiccup or stuNtter, and their times speak for themselves.
        No doubt man, times speak for themselves. I have nothing to say about the times themsevles. They have some hardcore customers who run at the track alot, that has helped them ALOT. Were talking basic stuff here though, headers/exhaust and email tunes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Its not their's. Its their email tuner's dyno. Weve been over this, there is proof on MBworld and here of the dyno location (as well as the real tuner)..
        No, you misunderstood, that dyno overseas is their dyno. They own that dyno...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        No doubt man, times speak for themselves. I have nothing to say about the times themsevles. They have some hardcore customers who run at the track alot, that has helped them ALOT. Were talking basic stuff here though, headers/exhaust and email tunes.
        If it is basic though why can't anyone else do it? Why do other companies try to keep them out? Look at how Evosport kicked them out because the C63 market was pretty much all going to them.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Listen buddy, (MHP fan)
        Haha, now I'm a fan. Ok in that case I'll call you Clown.

        Yes, Ive seen the car with the supercharger. He actually drives the car ALOT. Rather have a stock sounding C63 making 500whp then an obnoxiously loud C63 making less then 500whp. Have you seen the product? A: You don't know $#@!.
        MHP has several C63s making over 500rw N/A, they make just under that with stock airboxes headers/tuning, but with Gruppe M or RENNtech airboxes tack on another 25HP at the crank. If you can do it N/A and keep the reliability and durability that goes with it why go with a blower? Just doesn't make sense to me.

        I respect 500rw N/A out of the same platform as 500rw with blower. Actually I'd be rather embarassed to admit my 6.2L V8 with supercharger and SLS cams only makes 500rwhp but that's just me.

        Have you seen any MHP parts or cars in person? No you haven't.

        Did you know that MHP doesn't even really have a location? Did you know that MHP claims they THEMSELVES TUNE their cars but they do not? They claim they have exclusive tunes, when they just email tunes from overseas? They claim they have a dyno yet they show pictures of a dyno in another country lol.. Im not getting into this again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you are a loyal MHP fan.
        Did you know you're probably the most misinformed person I've seen yet post on this site? You do now.

        MHP recently moved into a new facility in Dublin, OH adjacent to the Toy Barn. Their old facility was in Reynoldsburg (still had a dyno) and to their own admission was small and outdated. Their new address is:

        MHP
        5200 Post Rd.
        Dublin, OH 43017

        MHP has always had an in-house Mustang Dyno (you are clueless really) although they have also always said their fans are insufficient for N/A dyno tuning as are any dynos/fans in the U.S. A new AWD DJ is on it's way to them but again, if you ask them it's just for show, they believe in on track performance data over dynos end of story.

        MHP has also always claimed to have European partners performing their remapping, for some reason (yes I read through your old wanna be kojack posts what a joke) you seem to have a hard time grasping definition of the words "partner". So tell me exactly why is it that others using the same tuner in Europe that you seem to know aren't getting the results MHP is? Why are MHP parts only sold and offered via MHP? Oh that's right, because they don't do anything.

        I hate to break this to you but you seem like the hater in this thread. You are delivering no pertinent info about the blower or the driveline, just whining like a girl because you got owned and no one cares what you say.

        Grow up, learn something, then post. Until then just read and keep your trap shut.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I know the owners/developers of Weistech. I saw the car first hand the other day, he drove down from OC to LA. Straight up daily driver, stock everything except the blower. The guy knows his stuff man, he even re-tuned my car a little on the dyno a couple months back.
        Stock except for those SLS cams. Forgot to mention that didn't they? Yep you sure know it all...ROFL.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        No doubt man, times speak for themselves. I have nothing to say about the times themsevles. They have some hardcore customers who run at the track alot, that has helped them ALOT. Were talking basic stuff here though, headers/exhaust and email tunes.
        Bottom line, MHP is small, they are not the size of RENNtech, Evosport, Kleemann, etc. Their customers don't race anymore than those of other brands, they just get noticed because the performance difference is so large vs other brands. I can't see why anyone would want to fault a tuner for pushing actual track/VBox results vs bull$#@! dyno numbers? Maybe in Taza land that's all that matters?

        Basic stuff like the only 4 into 1 longtubes ever created for this car and they were also the first to bring out LTs, if it's so easy please tell me why everyone else has gone Tri-Y for fitment issues? How many other tuners have customer cars running in the 10s N/A with a M156? They have 4x as many tune only 11 second cars as any other tuner and the ET/mph's aren't even close. Again I know all this is small and should just be swept under the Taza rug.

        I love it, you can't argue facts, which is exactly what you're trying to do. Break out the boots because it's getting deep in here.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No, you misunderstood, that dyno overseas is their dyno. They own that dyno...
        Thank God for Sticky. Yes this is 100% true. Partnership= Ownership in that facility (fans, dyno, building). So Taza please inform me and everyone else how MHP doesn't have a dyno when they actually have 2, one here in the U.S. and one that actually works in Europe?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If it is basic though why can't anyone else do it? Why do other companies try to keep them out? Look at how Evosport kicked them out because the C63 market as pretty much all going to them.
        Excellent points. Coulda Woulda Shoulda, if anyone else could've done it, it would have happened already.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Listen buddy, (MHP fan)



        Yes, Ive seen the car with the supercharger. He actually drives the car ALOT. Rather have a stock sounding C63 making 500whp then an obnoxiously loud C63 making less then 500whp. Have you seen the product? A: You don't know $#@!.



        Did you know that MHP doesn't even really have a location? Did you know that MHP claims they THEMSELVES TUNE their cars but they do not? They claim they have exclusive tunes, when they just email tunes from overseas? They claim they have a dyno yet they show pictures of a dyno in another country lol.. Im not getting into this again, you clearly don't know what you are talking about and you are a loyal MHP fan.
        Pay to Ban, increases site revenue, eliminates morons that can't even change their own oil.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        My God, MHP has got to be the biggest hater alive...
        This is exactly what I thought when I read his first post on this thread.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Lmao I really don't care, PLENTY of people know the truth. I dont care if mhp has fans here that don't like facts. MBWorld ban did right, lol.

        Mhp is just mad they cannot themselves develop something as complex as a supercharger kit. Pity as their email tunes might have done well.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        This is exactly what I thought when I read his first post on this thread.
        Really? I saw clearly stated facts, he even called pricing and output for the blower kit before it was released:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP Click here to enlarge
        A 30 second vid and everyone thinks the impossible is possible. LOL. Let's go over a couple reasons why this blower will never work or sell.

        Cost: If you think this blower is coming in under the $15K mark lol, well, I don't know what to tell you. That nixes 99% of the potential market, as customers already complain about the cost of significantly less expensive yet highly effective parts. We'll see how many "I'm in"s we'll get once the price is announced.

        Overall Output: This will be capped by the trans and fuel management, even if they are using a piggyback unless they replaced the entire fuel system ($$$) the max you're going to see this combo put out is ~500rwhp. Which is what we get from headers, mids, tuning, and airboxes N/A. If you spent the $ to replace the fuel system you still have cast pistons and 11.3:1 static CR with PFI to deal with. Meaning you are not only electronically and driveline limited (trans) you are also mechanically limited by the shortblock.

        Blower Size: I can see that they were targeting stock or near stock cars with this kit as the inlet issue and wrong size supercharger were used for this application. If they had higher outputs in mind (aka going in and rebuilding the shortblock) they would've used a 2.8L or larger blower.

        Trans: Unless they cracked the Holy Grail and I don't see that being the case, this car will $#@! a trans in the first week. It should be making an easy 525-550rwtq with that 500rwhp, BTDT with that kind of torque and the results weren't pretty. Now add to the load that PD blowers make peak boost just off idle (especially in a low boost app like this) and you have a serious recipie for disaster.

        Converter: LOL, just LOL for now.

        Inlets: The blower in question uses the stock inlet tubes which are restrictive on a N/A M156, PD blowers are especially effected

        I know there are quite a few M156 owners that want to believe this is a cost effective forced induction solution, however if you know the facts now you can already tell how limited (power production wise) and expensive this kit will be. Aside from that you can make the same power N/A with much greater reliability, no heatsoak, etc.

        In summation I feel this will be the most overanticipated and underdelivering mod yet for the M156, cost per $, and that is if they can not only get it to run, but to do so without grenading the driveline first. Like it or not nothing about the M156 (save cylinder count) is on par with the S65 in terms of being ready for forced induction.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        This is exactly what I thought when I read his first post on this thread.
        Exactly my thoughts!!
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Lmao I really don't care, PLENTY of people know the truth. I dont care if mhp has fans here that don't like facts. MBWorld ban did right, lol.

        Mhp is just mad they cannot themselves develop something as complex as a supercharger kit. Pity as their email tunes might have done well.
        Do they make them any more dense? I wonder...

        MHP has posted publicly on many forums that they themselves planned on a twin turbo kit right out of the gate working with Stage 6 however after doing the math on what it would take, kit cost, and all the driveline issues they passed just like MKB, Kleemann, Brabus and others.

        To the contrary I see MHP stating facts, and you stating nothing but your weak and biased opinion.

        MHP makes their own cams, again I hate to break this to you but since you don't seem to have much automotive acumen, designing and manufacturing camshafts is significantly more complex than slapping a twin screw on any engine. Notice there are other companies developing supercharger kits for the M156 but no one doing cams. Of course this will fly right over your head as well.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Really? I saw clearly stated facts, he even called pricing and output for the blower kit before it was released:
        Anyone that can't see that as hating is being biased big time! For a competitor to come and post all that! Crazy unprofessional. Ive said this about Mhp a dozen times. Actually it looks like they are worried pretty badly.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Anyone that can't see that as hating is being biased big time! For a competitor to come and post all that! Crazy unprofessional. Ive said this about Mhp a dozen times. Actually it looks like they are worried pretty badly.
        We have zero plans to develop FI for the M156 we've already made 758HP with nitrous without cams, and all our hardware will work with any of these blowers so frankly we don't care one way or another. We can make more HP for 1/2 the price without losing any durability/longevity. I shared a lot of detailed info that you and pretty much everyone else wouldn't have had a clue about reg. our drivelines, don't like what I have to say don't read it, but don't ruin it for those that actually want to know and don't think they know it all.

        So let's go over this one last time, me telling you about the shortcomings of the M156/722.9 drivelines is not hating, it's factual info that you cannot debate so move on.

        Thanks
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Barfly Click here to enlarge
        Thank God for Sticky. Yes this is 100% true. Partnership= Ownership in that facility (fans, dyno, building). So Taza please inform me and everyone else how MHP doesn't have a dyno when they actually have 2, one here in the U.S. and one that actually works in Europe?
        I actually have 6 dyno's in the US, 12 overseas. I also developed my own cams in my bedroom.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I actually have 6 dyno's in the US, 12 overseas. I also developed my own cams in my bedroom.
        LMAO
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
        I actually have 6 dyno's in the US, 12 overseas. I also developed my own cams in my bedroom.
        You are a child and are derailing this thread further by the minute.

        ...and this is why tuners don't post on the net.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
        You are a child and are derailing this thread further by the minute.

        ...and this is why tuners don't post on the net.
        I think you should leave this thread...
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        I think you should leave this thread...
        Seriously. Posting this much on a competitors kit video is just unprofessional. The fact that he put this much time into it shows how much time he has developing twin turbo kits lmao. Or just afraid of good competition.