• G-power releases M54 supercharger for the E46 and Z4, late but better late than never (maybe)

      G-power has released their supercharger for M54 motors in the E46 330i and the E85 Z4 3.0i. It takes the cars up to 306 hp which at this point in the life cycle of the motor is rather underwhelming. Active Autowerke and ESS have this significantly beat no doubt for far less money. Technique Tuning can be thrown into the mix as well although that is a turbo. Then again, this is typically the case with anything G-power releases, better alternatives especially in the United States. Still, nice to see another option materialize.

      The kit uses a ASA T3-12 blower which is a quality unit. Boost pressure is 0,4 bar which is 5.8 psi. Very, very mild and compared to the other offerings not really worth it. The kit does come in DIY form so for whoever might want this you can install it yourself.









      This article was originally published in forum thread: G-power releases M54 supercharger for the E46 and Z4, late but better late than never (maybe) started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 26 Comments
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Interesting. That looks very similar to the ASA kits technik used to sell back in the day.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        What was the point of this? Is the market for the m54 still that big?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
        What was the point of this? Is the market for the m54 still that big?
        Well it is a ton of cars that are now used and people may be looking for something for more power. Thing is, there are WAY better options.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
        What was the point of this? Is the market for the m54 still that big?
        I think the m54 market is going to be huge in the next few years. The e46 is going to be the new e36. Julio (bluejeans) and Adam (pei) have really paved the way with this platform. I think as more people buying TT kits get familiar with how much potential the M54 really has we see the a lot of one off set ups and the market will take off. The M54 is a good motor, I've shifted to wanting a ZHP because I feel the M54 power curves are similar to the of the S50/52 and with a lighter chassis than the e46 m it is a recipe for win. Soon people will realize this. And just to clarify I do think the S54 is awesome, but I feel similar performance can be achieved for a lot less money.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        I think the m54 market is going to be huge in the next few years. The e46 is going to be the new e36. Julio (bluejeans) and Adam (pei) have really paved the way with this platform. I think as more people buying TT kits get familiar with how much potential the M54 really has we see the a lot of one off set ups and the market will take off. The M54 is a good motor, I've shifted to wanting a ZHP because I feel the M54 power curves are similar to the of the S50/52 and with a lighter chassis than the e46 m it is a recipe for win. Soon people will realize this. And just to clarify I do think the S54 is awesome, but I feel similar performance can be achieved for a lot less money.
        Yes, the M54 has a lot of potential that people forget about but we still haven't seen anything out of it to make me think it is on the level or as good of an option as the M50/M52.
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        G-power makes some very nice hardware; I put this kit on par with the Stage 1 VF kits available for the M54.

        Sure we'd love to see more power, but I doubt we'd see it without an intercooler from this company. Why invest significant engineering resources building such high end cast aluminum pipe work for such a modest kit? I think there is more to come...
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        There just hasn't been as much development time. I came across an old thread on a different forum couple days ago; years ago people doubted you could see more than 400hp from a S50/52 without a built bottom end. Now, there are numerous people in the 500rwhp and few in the 600whp. Who's to say that we won't see that with the M54? I do think that head work will be needed though. Just give it time. These cars are getting real cheap, now is when things are going to start to change.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
        G-power makes some very nice hardware; I put this kit on par with the Stage 1 VF kits available for the M54.

        Sure we'd love to see more power, but I doubt we'd see it without an intercooler from this company. Why invest significant engineering resources building such high end cast aluminum pipe work for such a modest kit? I think there is more to come...
        I would like to think so but even if there is the pricing will likely make it a distant alternative to what is available just like with everything else they do.
      1. ihiro's Avatar
        ihiro -
        this is a good news, can i know the price for this i saw in G-power website they got couple of option for it..
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihiro Click here to enlarge
        this is a good news, can i know the price for this i saw in G-power website they got couple of option for it..
        Do not have pricing information yet but why would you want it?
      1. ihiro's Avatar
        ihiro -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well it is a ton of cars that are now used and people may be looking for something for more power. Thing is, there are WAY better options.
        this is the reason.. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihiro Click here to enlarge
        this is the reason.. Click here to enlarge
        Read the last part of that statement... Click here to enlarge
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Looks like they also have a 7.2psi version rated at 333hp.
      1. ihiro's Avatar
        ihiro -
        thanks sticky i already contact AA and ask a couple of question too
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihiro Click here to enlarge
        thanks sticky i already contact AA and ask a couple of question too
        That is a good idea, where are you located?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        Looks like they also have a 7.2psi version rated at 333hp.
        Better, definitely better.
      1. PEI330Ci's Avatar
        PEI330Ci -
        The intercooled kit has one of the strangest IACV placements I've ever seen. Heck, the TB placement is a bit odd too.

        It looks like the TB is placed on the inlet to the supercharger?

        The IACV connects from a "pressurized" manifold, to the pre-supercharger pipe. Boost leak anyone?

        I'm sure it works....just a different way to do it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
        The intercooled kit has one of the strangest IACV placements I've ever seen. Heck, the TB placement is a bit odd too.

        It looks like the TB is placed on the inlet to the supercharger?

        The IACV connects from a "pressurized" manifold, to the pre-supercharger pipe. Boost leak anyone?

        I'm sure it works....just a different way to do it.
        You raise some good points, it is kind of odd.

        In my opinion, it is best to stay away from G-power for the M54 and look at the other options.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Here are the pricing details:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. S62R's Avatar
        S62R -
        Anyone running this kit?

        Bought last week a slightly used one for my 530i touring.

        Any idea what boost levels is possible with the ASA T3-313?

        Was thinking of running Aquamist as do not want to fiddle with an A2A cooler and the car is only the daily beater anyway..