AMS has a solution with their boost cooler system to maintain optimum performance. The system drops temps by almost 60 degrees according to AMS testing which is a very large temperature drop.
Further details on the $2695.00 system (available for pre-facelift E63 and CLS63 RWD models) including what it contains as well as design choices below in the words of AMS:
The Alpha Performance E63 (W212) 5.5L Bi Turbo Boost Cooler System is a great addition to your M157 equipped AMG whether your car is stock or modified. The cooling system features a large, high efficiency heat exchanger located at the front of the car, a reservoir that holds over a gallon of coolant in the passenger front fender well and a high flow brushless pump which runs complementary to the factory pump.
Whether you live in a hot climate area, enjoy long spirited drives in the mountains or long high speed pulls on airstrips, the M157 Boost Cooler will keep your intake temps low and maintain your AMG’s maximum output no matter the ambient conditions. As with all Alpha Products, everything needed to install the system is included – bolts, fittings, lines etc. Best of all, no drilling on the car is required.
The most important part of an efficient heat exchanger system is the core, skimping here could mean the overall performance of an ‘upgraded’ system might be worse than stock! Our Alpha core is a high quality, made in the UK, double pass design where the coolant makes two passes through the unit vs competing products which use a single pass design. Our unit works with the factory heat exchanger giving you a significant boost in cooling power.
Innovative Reservoir Means Zero Lost Trunk Space!
The hand fabricated Alpha reservoir acts as a large heat sink to keep coolant temperatures low and stable. With over a gallon of additional coolant on board, it increases the cycle time allowing it to dissipate more heat before being recirculated, working as a large thermal reservoir, keeping the horsepower-killing heat soak at bay. With its trick mounting location in the passenger fender well, you don’t have to worry about running lines to the rear of the car, drilling holes in your trunk's floorboard, or giving up valuable trunk space!
To give you the best possible performance and keep the coolant flowing efficiently through the heat exchangers, we added an additional high flow pump to run in conjunction with the OEM pump. The combination of the two pumps allow a high flow rate to keep the fluid moving and maintains that flow rate at higher pressures giving you the assurance your car will stay cool in hot climates or on those top speed pulls.
- Unique Fender Mounted Reservoir
- Unlike Competing Designs, No Drilling or Cutting of Body Panels Required
- Short Line Routing
- Works with both Distronic and Non-Distronic Vehicles
- OEM Fit and Finish
- Hand Fabricated Reservoir
- High Efficiency Double Pass Heat Exchanger
- High Flow Brushless Coolant Pump
- 4 ply Heavy Duty Silicone Hose
- High Pressure Coolant Line
- Distronic Bracket (Optional)
- CLS 63 Adapter (Optional)
- Pump Control w/Harness
- All Clamps, Fittings, Bolts, Brackets and Hardware
- 2012-2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Non-4Matic (W212)
Special Product Notes:
- Some early M157 5.5L Bi Turbo models came with a non-divorced cooling system, our system requires the system be divorced. If you have an early model that does not have a coolant reservoir under the engine cover (see image in More Images tab) you will need to add the divorce kit from the options menu. Our divorce kit uses OEM Mercedes-Benz parts.