Close

    • Ventura Motorsports top mount single turbo 335i vs. three supercharged E92 M3's

      Interesting races here showing supercharged M3's going up against each other as well as a Ventura Motorsport Comp Turbo 6465 top mount 335i. The three M3's feature superchargers with the white 6-speed E92 M3 featuring the Active Autowerke Level III supercharger kit and the other two M3's running Gintani superchargers. Although the 335i has the most power and torque of the group, the M3's show just how quick they are at speed.

      There is more to a race than just peak figures as the shift speed, gearing, area under the curve, and redline of the M3's work to their advantage on the highway. The following is in the words of Ventura Motorsports and the owner of the 335i:


      Had a great time last night meeting some new people in Mexico. It was an impromptu meet so I didn't get to take any footage from my car . We are going to set something up in the next couple of weeks. I'll be ready with mounts and cameras etc.

      White e92 M3 6speed Active Autowerke level 3 SC kit
      Laguna Seca e92 M3 6speed Gintani Stage 2+
      Red e92 M3 DCT Gintani Stage 2+

      All M3s are running 91 octane and Meth. I am running e40 blend 100% Meth and Map 7 23 psi.

      They are very, very quick. Surprised me more than I thought to be honest. Everytime we started second gear rolls, they would get a good jump and I would play catch up. It would be hard for me to catch up though. 3rd gear rolls though I would move out pretty well, once I hit 4th gear It was over. Everyone seemed to be in the 580-600whp region. I dynoed 627 whp on Map 7 with this trim.

      That flatline shift bog @aflatau really really hurts, it's not even funny. I've notice if I switch at 6800 rpm, it does not bog. I will have to do more testing.



      First and second race is Second gear roll. Red Vs White M3

      Third race is Second gear roll Red M3 Vs Me. Spun pretty hard and once I hit third gear I guess it kicked me into map 4

      Fourth race is second gear roll Red M3 Vs Me. I didn't realize I was kicked down to map 4 in this race lol so yea 12 psi run.

      Fifth race is third gear roll Red M3 Vs Me. Map 7 23 psi Good run here.

      Last race is all of us, second gear roll just for fun lol.

      There are more runs and vids from the other guys. I wish I had more to post up. Looked like the level 3 AA kit seemed to be the fastest of them all. In the end, we all had a blast. Nobody cared who's car was the fastest. I can't wait to hang out with these guys again.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: VM ST Top Mount VS 3 Supercharged E92 M3 started by fastgti69 View original post
      Comments 79 Comments
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        M3's on the highway are not a joke... and these are just stock internal cars.
        I'm sorry....I must have missed where the N54 was built motor and DCT? Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Nobody commenting on how strong the s65's are? This is why we don't dyno race. This is also why peak torque means nothing.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        I'm sorry....I must have missed where the N54 was built motor and DCT? Click here to enlarge
        What you missed is that the n54 has internals built for boost from the factory.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        dammit missed the flame LOL

        kinda want an S65 over N54 just for that noise, i mean damn they crapped all over the N54 in that department haha

        love the reaction of the 5th race though.. as soon as you shifted 'woah'.. and it certainly didn't sound bad at least... and flames are a bonus.

        also the fact this is relatively low boost/moderate power.

        sigh.. Y U HAVE TO SOUND SO GOOD S65?!
        Well...TBH you'll only love the S65 until you hear an S85 with an AA or GTHaus exhaust...they decimate all and it's not even close...so if you're gonna buy a bimmer for the sound it's an S85 powered car all the way! lol but the N54 actually sounds pretty damn good with the right exhaust, I believe @fastgti69 is on stock exhaust but of course with the custom downpipe. Click here to enlarge
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        @fastgti69 great kill man! You beat a 6 speed supercharged M3 and that's all that matters. Some may argue there was still a bit of power left on the table for a stock motor S65, but there is certainly still some power left on the table on yours' as well, not to mention shift bog. Doesn't look as bad as Adam's though. Shift bog is keeping me from going to 6MT right now. Man...I really wanna line up with another ST N54
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        What you missed is that the n54 has internals built for boost from the factory.
        Come on man...seriously? Lets not derail this thread....stock motor upgraded turbo N54's are a perfect comparison to a stock motor supercharged M3....DO NOT start making excuses every time one gets beat cause this will be a continuing trend. And guess what? most M3 owners will not want to dish out the coin to get a built motor so get used to seeing this. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        Well...TBH you'll only love the S65 until you hear an S85 with an AA or GTHaus exhaust...they decimate all and it's not even close...so if you're gonna buy a bimmer for the sound it's an S85 powered car all the way! lol but the N54 actually sounds pretty damn good with the right exhaust, I believe @fastgti69 is on stock exhaust but of course with the custom downpipe. Click here to enlarge
        Not even close? They're the same motor basically lol. No bias with this guy...
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        Come on man...seriously? Lets not derail this thread....stock motor upgraded turbo N54's are a perfect comparison to a stock motor supercharged M3....DO NOT start making excuses every time one gets beat cause this will be a continuing trend. And guess what? most M3 owners will not want to dish out the coin to get a built motor so get used to seeing this. Over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.
        Did you watch the video?

        12.0:1 compression on 91 octane designed for natural aspiration is the same thing? Oh ok. Sure. And the sky is green.

        My point was this is just basic forced induction performance for the m3 whereas a single turbo is not a basic turbo upgrade. Wait until you see the built motors in action. You'll see mine vs. This 335...
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        dammit missed the flame LOL

        kinda want an S65 over N54 just for that noise, i mean damn they crapped all over the N54 in that department haha

        love the reaction of the 5th race though.. as soon as you shifted 'woah'.. and it certainly didn't sound bad at least... and flames are a bonus.

        also the fact this is relatively low boost/moderate power.

        sigh.. Y U HAVE TO SOUND SO GOOD S65?!
        Man, the Gintani cars were spitting beautiful blue flames LOL I heard I spit some flames too with my corked exhaust.

        The exhaust notes, the way the car looks, and how wide and low it is. Everything about the M3 is superior to the 335i, it really is. Just driving behind all of them on the highway, we were the kings. Their cars sounded like a symphony to my ears.

        Yep, moderate boost and power. I want to do more second gear rolls and improve there. Gotta get ready for Shift Sector and NFZ.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Nobody commenting on how strong the s65's are? This is why we don't dyno race. This is also why peak torque means nothing.
        The M3's are freaking strong, I do not underestimate them at all.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        @fastgti69 great kill man! You beat a 6 speed supercharged M3 and that's all that matters. Some may argue there was still a bit of power left on the table for a stock motor S65, but there is certainly still some power left on the table on yours' as well, not to mention shift bog. Doesn't look as bad as Adam's though. Shift bog is keeping me from going to 6MT right now. Man...I really wanna line up with another ST N54
        Yea lol, I finally beat a blown m3. That's all I wanted to do back in the cobalt days Click here to enlarge. We will keep testing and making more videos when I can. Thanks again brotha.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        You'll see mine vs. This 335...
        I'll be ready for your car, Hoosiers and LSD with 34 psi. That will be FUN!!!!
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Did you watch the video?

        12.0:1 compression on 91 octane designed for natural aspiration is the same thing? Oh ok. Sure. And the sky is green.

        My point was this is just basic forced induction performance for the m3 whereas a single turbo is not a basic turbo upgrade. Wait until you see the built motors in action. You'll see mine vs. This 335...
        lol, yeah it's based of the same motor but 20% smaller...so that means it will sound the same? I think not. The S65 obviously sounds better than the N54, but the S85 is absolutely superior. You're killing me...you really are.

        And here we go again...lets see Sticky's car with a built V8 and $40k+ or whatever it is invested UNDER THE HOOD and watch it against a what? $7k turbo kit? or whatever it costs?
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Let's see a GTR with a tune vs. UGR gallardo. You want to go fast or count coins?

        Displacement equals sound quality? No doubt the s85 sounds different but the s65 is the same thing with two cylinders missing. How the same basic thing can have some radical difference that blows it out of the water is beyond me. The architecture by default means similarity and the video says enough about s65 quality. It sounds awesome, end of story. Try harder to muddy the waters.
      1. AlexQuattro's Avatar
        AlexQuattro -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        Nobody commenting on how strong the s65's are?
        I will Click here to enlarge

        I'm glad to see s65's are able to keep up with n54's Click here to enlarge
      1. rawad1017's Avatar
        rawad1017 -
        man @fastgti69 you always showcase your car when its not at full potential, show us what that thing can actually do at high boost, perfect tires, etc
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Lol I would be shocked if the 335 didn't pull. @Sticky2 give it a rest and let @fastgti69 have his glory. He earned it.
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        @fastgti69 Nice runs man! I was excited as hell when I saw the thread title. I can't wait to see your car running at full potential! Click here to enlarge
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        Well...TBH you'll only love the S65 until you hear an S85 with an AA or GTHaus exhaust...they decimate all and it's not even close...so if you're gonna buy a bimmer for the sound it's an S85 powered car all the way! lol but the N54 actually sounds pretty damn good with the right exhaust, I believe @fastgti69 is on stock exhaust but of course with the custom downpipe. Click here to enlarge
        i've heard an S85 (sat in and revved too) with some sorta exhaust

        prefer the blown S65 for whatever reason!

        it did sound a bit quiet for a 600+rwhp N54 haha.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        Man, the Gintani cars were spitting beautiful blue flames LOL I heard I spit some flames too with my corked exhaust.

        The exhaust notes, the way the car looks, and how wide and low it is. Everything about the M3 is superior to the 335i, it really is. Just driving behind all of them on the highway, we were the kings. Their cars sounded like a symphony to my ears.
        ahh dammit, them too?! haha

        just gotta get the wide body of the M3 Click here to enlarge
      1. G0TB00ST?'s Avatar
        G0TB00ST? -
        I think I'm missing something here. The 335 won one race and lost twice... It clearly has the power but unless the conditions are perfect they get beat pretty easily (from the vids I've seen). Having said that when things fall into place for the 335s they can hand out some beat downs, but it's really not that often. Not hating but I just don't see the point of the single (and I think it looks ugly). I would much rather have upgraded twins if I owned a 335
      1. Zee's Avatar
        Zee -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
        I think I'm missing something here. The 335 won one race and lost twice... It clearly has the power but unless the conditions are perfect they get beat pretty easily (from the vids I've seen). Having said that when things fall into place for the 335s they can hand out some beat downs, but it's really not that often. Not hating but I just don't see the point of the single (and I think it looks ugly). I would much rather have upgraded twins if I owned a 335
        +1 I said the same thing the 335i clearly won 1 race the other races it lost to M3's with less power. How is this a nice "kill"? Most people on here must not have watched the video LOL.

        In car camera is an M3 you can tell by the mirror, Blue sedan is the 335 you can tell by the headlights 07 or 08. white car is an M3, blue coupe is a M3.
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
        I think I'm missing something here. The 335 won one race and lost twice... It clearly has the power but unless the conditions are perfect they get beat pretty easily (from the vids I've seen). Having said that when things fall into place for the 335s they can hand out some beat downs, but it's really not that often. Not hating but I just don't see the point of the single (and I think it looks ugly). I would much rather have upgraded twins if I owned a 335
        this isn't the *best* example of a perfectly running single turbo N54.

        lots of issues to sort out, so i look at this as a 'what this car can do now' baseline haha

        it's just like an RB/VTT2'd N54 in 2nd spinning the tires.. which it would, because it makes more torque.. or going into low boost limp mode.. which it can.