Close

    • Vi-PEC V88 plug & play E46 M3 MS54 standalone ECU available through Apex Speed Tech

      Apex Speed Tech has announced a plug and play S54 ECU kit utilizing the Vi-PEC V88 is available for $3400. This includes a complete plug and play harness. The ECU has dual map capability which means pump and race tunes at the flip of a switch. It also supports the E46 traction control. Apex Speed Tech is claiming they have used this ECU successfully in everything from road racing to 1200 whp twin turbo setups. We haven't seen these twin turbo setups personally or any details of to support that claim but this plug and play ECU should open up the S54 to some interesting custom setups as well as a variety of swaps.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Vi-PEC V88 plug & play E46 M3 MS54 standalone ECU available through Apex Speed Tech started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 112 Comments
      1. basar13's Avatar
        basar13 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        Absolutely. The stock ECU doesn't matter to us... we're replacing it completely.

        -Neel

        This is good news ! Thanks !
      1. topendusa's Avatar
        topendusa -
        This is good stuff
      1. BMtroubleYOU's Avatar
        BMtroubleYOU -
        Well.....I'll be looking into this!!! I have a VF ST II+ SI version blower, water meth,13PSI, Alum F/W, nitrous etc... I will be installing the CSL Cams, throttle boddies, 8 rib pulley and get this thing moving and stop right there! getting married, so i have to slow down on the spending, LOl!!! I'm in afghan soo, I have to wait to get back. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMtroubleYOU Click here to enlarge
        Well.....I'll be looking into this!!! I have a VF ST II+ SI version blower, water meth,13PSI, Alum F/W, nitrous etc... I will be installing the CSL Cams, throttle boddies, 8 rib pulley and get this thing moving and stop right there! getting married, so i have to slow down on the spending, LOl!!! I'm in afghan soo, I have to wait to get back. Click here to enlarge
        Nice... but do the CSL cams offer a benefit on blown setups?
      1. BMtroubleYOU's Avatar
        BMtroubleYOU -
        Yes, it will! any cammed vehicle will gain some ponies, with a good tune you will have impressive gains!!! Tuning, cams, F/I, W/M will gain some power.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMtroubleYOU Click here to enlarge
        Yes, it will! any cammed vehicle will gain some ponies, with a good tune you will have impressive gains!!! Tuning, cams, F/I, W/M will gain some power.
        Interesting, I just thought FI cams and NA cams were different things that had different gains. I often hear you can't take an aggressive NA cam and expect it to help a FI setup, sometimes even hurting it.
      1. BMtroubleYOU's Avatar
        BMtroubleYOU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Interesting, I just thought FI cams and NA cams were different things that had different gains. I often hear you can't take an aggressive NA cam and expect it to help a FI setup, sometimes even hurting it.
        Here is Saintly's CSL M3, the CSL M3 just have a few minor engine mods than the US Spec, Cams 288/280, ITB, Headers etc, but I will have custom tunes!!
        508rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(no nos) 11.618@122.65mph
        521rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(125shot) 11.412@126.09mph(Best trap 129.72mph)
        611rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(150shot) 11.7@129.49mph
        631Rwhp highest HP to date.

        Now: 528rwhp Dynodynamics 13psi Pump Fuel AA Charged
        552rwhp Dynodynamics 13psi Race Fuel AA Charged
        Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMtroubleYOU Click here to enlarge
        Here is Saintly's CSL M3, the CSL M3 just have a few minor engine mods than the US Spec, Cams 288/280, ITB, Headers etc, but I will have custom tunes!!
        508rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(no nos) 11.618@122.65mph
        521rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(125shot) 11.412@126.09mph(Best trap 129.72mph)
        611rwhp Dynodynamics AA charged 9psi race gas(150shot) 11.7@129.49mph
        631Rwhp highest HP to date.

        Now: 528rwhp Dynodynamics 13psi Pump Fuel AA Charged
        552rwhp Dynodynamics 13psi Race Fuel AA Charged
        http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/image...s/sortdesc.gif http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/image...er_offline.gif http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/image...ons/report.gif http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/images/buttons/quote.gif
        Saintly's results are impressive and he makes big power. Just wondering what kind of difference the cams made for him.
      1. ihiro's Avatar
        ihiro -
        wow the price is awesome, i bet if he sell it 50% off people will bought it without thinking twice and they will get more profit out of it.. can this plug to M54?? Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihiro Click here to enlarge
        wow the price is awesome, i bet if he sell it 50% off people will bought it without thinking twice and they will get more profit out of it.. can this plug to M54?? Click here to enlarge
        I don't see why they wouldn't have an M54 solution, best to ask Neel though.
      1. Apex Speed Technology's Avatar
        Apex Speed Technology -
        I don't see why they wouldn't have an M54 solution, best to ask Neel though.
        We've already done 2 M54's.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
        We've already done 2 M54's.
        Well there you go, M54 or S54 they have you covered.