• Turbocharged 991 generation 2015 GT3RS revealed... in a scale model?

      Stranger things have happened but it looks like the new 991 generation GT3 RS may have been leaked early from an unexpected source. The internet is abuzz with this picture of a scale model that looks to be a GT3 RS. This really feels like people at grasping at straws for GT3 RS info but the model definitely matches the spyphotos of the GT3 RS that have been passed around.

      The new GT3 RS may also get turbo power although it is nothing more than a rumor at this point. This picture originated in the same place that started the turbo rumor so either they have some kind of source that is leaking things to them or they are creating a hype storm for hits.

      At this point, only Porsche knows the truth of what is going on so we will wait and see.





      Source
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Turbocharged 991 generation 2015 GT3RS revealed... in a scale model? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 13 Comments
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Something smells fishy...same place originated this? Hmmmm....

        I just cannot for the life of me understand why Porsche would call a turbo'd GT3 a GT3...that's a GT2...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Something smells fishy...same place originated this? Hmmmm....
        Fishy is right!
      1. andrew20195's Avatar
        andrew20195 -
        It's hard to tell from that model, but it still looks like it lacks the intercooler outlets in the rear bumper that would indicate it's actually turbocharged, similar to the spy shots posted earlier.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by andrew20195 Click here to enlarge
        It's hard to tell from that model, but it still looks like it lacks the intercooler outlets in the rear bumper that would indicate it's actually turbocharged, similar to the spy shots posted earlier.
        It's somewhat flawed to base this stuff on a model anyway but I'm amazed how many big sites are picking this up and ignoring that the F80 M3 is severely underrated.

        WTF is wrong with these people?
      1. ihc95's Avatar
        ihc95 -
        it'd be a shame if Porsche turbo'ed the RS
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ihc95 Click here to enlarge
        it'd be a shame if Porsche turbo'ed the RS
        Agreed I don't really understand it but I also don't know why they would then call it a GT3 when they established the GT2 name.

        This all just does not make logical sense.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Big discussion with this over on Jalopnik...it's perfectly reasonable for a GT3 to have fender vents, in fact the RSR cars do I believe. It's just extra cooling for the engine and other fluid coolers, nothing else. Also, that black prototype that was running on the ring sounds nothing like a turbo 3.8 and sounds exactly like the GT3. And it has the fender vents. Also this car is missing the actual intakes that the turbo car would need. I see not one shred of evidence that the new "GT3 RS" will be turbo'd. All I see is an extremely well-designed GT3 RS with a maybe 500+ hp version of the 3.8.

        Side note...track tests have the new GT3 lapping a 2.5 mile track quicker than literally about anything else ever made short of a 918/P1/LF. It's insane, I don't understand. Evo is about to publish a test where it loses to a 458 S by only .02...and that's because it was privately owned by someone who literally just had the engine replaced. Wasn't even properly broken in yet. The regular GT3 is just insane, the RS should be perhaps the most fearsome street car you can buy for anything less than a million. I'm already way too excited for it.

        Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Big discussion with this over on Jalopnik...it's perfectly reasonable for a GT3 to have fender vents, in fact the RSR cars do I believe. It's just extra cooling for the engine and other fluid coolers, nothing else. Also, that black prototype that was running on the ring sounds nothing like a turbo 3.8 and sounds exactly like the GT3. And it has the fender vents. Also this car is missing the actual intakes that the turbo car would need. I see not one shred of evidence that the new "GT3 RS" will be turbo'd. All I see is an extremely well-designed GT3 RS with a maybe 500+ hp version of the 3.8.

        Side note...track tests have the new GT3 lapping a 2.5 mile track quicker than literally about anything else ever made short of a 918/P1/LF. It's insane, I don't understand. Evo is about to publish a test where it loses to a 458 S by only .02...and that's because it was privately owned by someone who literally just had the engine replaced. Wasn't even properly broken in yet. The regular GT3 is just insane, the RS should be perhaps the most fearsome street car you can buy for anything less than a million. I'm already way too excited for it.

        Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.
        Let's assume there is a need for increased cooling I suppose the vents make sense. We have never seen the vents with a GT3 based road car before so this would be new. But.. why doesn't the standard GT3 have them then?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Also...seriously...why the $#@! isn't anyone picking up the M3 story...haven't seen it anywhere else. I don't get it.
        I seriously don't know. Submit it man...
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        I think maybe they just assumed it wouldn't need it...I'm guessing they're really pushing it with the RS and they want a margin of safety? Not sure. More cooling can't hurt. Is there a history of better cooing in the RS? Not like there needs to be but I think there might be. I guess too that you could say its more likely that RS owners are going to track the car even more, and push it harder. Given its increased potential, the extra cooling is probably necessary.

        I'm going to, its huge news.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        I'm going to, its huge news.
        Awesome! Use the content page though @leveraged sellout
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        What is that, pardon my asking. I'm still pretty bad at actually using all the features of the site somehow.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        What is that, pardon my asking. I'm still pretty bad at actually using all the features of the site somehow.
        This link: http://www.bimmerboost.com/content.p...a-Stage-I-tune
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Oh duh. Alright thanks will do. Hopefully can get some attention.