• Mercedes shows off the exhaust note of the 2015 AMG GT's 4.0 liter twin turbo M177/M178 engine

      Mercedes is paying attention to the quality of the exhaust sound in their upcoming AMG GT sports car. This is nice to see considering that some German manufacturers are choosing to play exhaust sounds through the car's speakersto mitigate the subdued tone of their turbocharged motors. Fortunately AMG is not faking it and is well aware of how subdued the AMG GT's exhaust sound has seemed in testingso they decided put up a few sound clips.


      Here is the start and idle:


      Some lights revs:


      Heavier revs:


      The motor certainly does not sound bad but it does not have the bark that the SLS AMG offered with its M159 V8. Turbos will muffle the exhaust note somewhat but AMG seems to be doing a good job keeping the tone aggressive while still being environmentally friendly.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Mercedes shows off the exhaust note of the 2015 AMG GT's 4.0 liter twin turbo M177/M178 engine started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 78 Comments
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        We have the real technical discussion for multiple platforms and I know this because I read the competition from time to time. This whole middle east stuff has detracted from threads for a while and is going to stop. Nobody cares or wants it, enough.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        You 500rwhp claim on your CLK with headers/Pump gas tune is FALSE
        It has to be close to 500whp, I gave him my old headers and exhaust and I got up to 511whp on a race gas tune. He is making 490-500wh on pump, I guarantee it.
      1. johnnyblaze's Avatar
        johnnyblaze -
        I hate everyone equally.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        It has to be close to 500whp, I gave him my old headers and exhaust and I got up to 511whp on a race gas tune. He is making 490-500wh on pump, I guarantee it.
        I dont. I gurantee it wont!

        You made 511 on a custom race gas tuning. Race Gas tuning alone will give you a 25-30 whp gain bro. Therefore, that doesnt equal 500rwhp on Pump!

        Lastly and defenitley not least, we have been contacted by a person who dyno tuned his CLK BS recently with Weistec. This car also has racing heads in addition to Headers/filters. It recieved several tune adjustments and the best they pulled was 487whp. Rememebr, this car has heads. 500rwho is impossible on Headers/Pump gas tuning for an M156. My brother was correct!

        I also put a header/tune C63 on pump gas from Weistec recently and the best it did was 450rwhp. The car is now supercharged and I will post you all up on the gains
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        We have the real technical discussion for multiple platforms and I know this because I read the competition from time to time. This whole middle east stuff has detracted from threads for a while and is going to stop. Nobody cares or wants it, enough.

        Look at all of our history and posts. I challenge you to see anything discussed besides cars and tuning. The only problem is one racist common and usual person comes along and attacks the posts and throws insults. You expect us to not reply, but why not do something about that person!??
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Look at all of our history and posts. I challenge you to see anything discussed besides cars and tuning. The only problem is one racist common and usual person comes along and attacks the posts and throws insults. You expect us to not reply, but why not do something about that person!??
        It takes two people for any argument so you are just as much to blame. If you do not respond, there is no argument and if someone else continues, they will make themselves look bad.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I dont. I gurantee it wont!

        You made 511 on a custom race gas tuning. Race Gas tuning alone will give you a 25-30 whp gain bro. Therefore, that doesnt equal 500rwhp on Pump!

        Lastly and defenitley not least, we have been contacted by a person who dyno tuned his CLK BS recently with Weistec. This car also has racing heads in addition to Headers/filters. It recieved several tune adjustments and the best they pulled was 487whp. Rememebr, this car has heads. 500rwho is impossible on Headers/Pump gas tuning for an M156. My brother was correct!

        I also put a header/tune C63 on pump gas from Weistec recently and the best it did was 450rwhp. The car is now supercharged and I will post you all up on the gains
        So someone at Weistec contacted you and told you that I have modified heads ? LOL, that's funny since my heads are 100% stock. So either you are making that up or the "person" who contacted you has no clue what he is talking about.



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Look at all of our history and posts. I challenge you to see anything discussed besides cars and tuning. The only problem is one racist common and usual person comes along and attacks the posts and throws insults. You expect us to not reply, but why not do something about that person!??
        Really ??? No need to look any further than THIS THREAD where your brother went off on yet another hate filled tirade. I simply disagreed with him about his claims that his SLS would "rape" any BMW, and I provided hard numbers and facts WITHOUT personally attacking him. His responses were:


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        Not arrogant you piece of $hit
        Go back to your 500rwhp fantasy you douchebag
        You see now you idiot?
        This douchebag and I have a long dark history in this forum.
        To which I responded and still did not personally attack him:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Is it possible for you to have a discussion without personally attacking people ?
        Man, you really have issues...
        You need to get your facts straight, Yacoub.
        Now, back to my header/tune CLK BS. I spoke with Mike from Weistec this weekend about the "custom dyno tuning" you and your brother keep referring to and here is what he had to say. Please note my first question where I ask if any improvements could be made from dyno tuning, thus proving again that what you said about someone contacting you from Weistec about my car being dynoed and having custom heads is totally false. So either you are lying or the person who contacted you is lying. Either way, you are spreading misinformation that needs correction:


        Attachment 38740Attachment 38741Attachment 38742


        So that pretty much proves wrong all your talk about how a "custom dyno tune" is better than a "canned" "flash" tune. This goes back to what @Sticky was saying about the evolution of tuning from the Evosport/Powerchip days. It's come a long way, and Weistec has it pretty much perfected for the M156 platform with a simple flash...even on pump gas.

        So, now that we have that cleared up...I'll make you a deal. If I agree to post my header/tune only dyno showing 500+ WHP on pump gas, you and your brother agree to never post here again and give @Sticky permission to delete every thread/post you ever made here and delete your user accounts.

        Deal ? Yes or no will suffice...
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        It takes two people for any argument so you are just as much to blame. If you do not respond, there is no argument and if someone else continues, they will make themselves look bad.
        Tell yourself.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        So someone at Weistec contacted you and told you that I have modified heads ? LOL, that's funny since my heads are 100% stock. So either you are making that up or the "person" who contacted you has no clue what he is talking about.
        This is why I can't argue with you. You are so full of hate that it makes you look stupid. I said SOMEONE with another CLK. Not You. Someone else, and you know him very well I believe. I could say who he is , but I am going to respect his privacy.

        That particular car had the same Weistec tune you had+ racing heads and after a set of tune adjustments , the car only made 487whp.

        I already know that you never custom tuned your car.

        Finally, I don't believe any of the crap that Mike gave you. NONE. A custom tune will always be better than a flash tune. It's hard to convince someone who simply can't see that. Sorry, but that's the truth. Steven custom tuned my SL63 when he visited my country and we gained 30rwhp on the spot and this was on a hotter weather.

        Go Dyno your car. Post a video of the run and have someone from Weistec confirm it's still on pump gas dynoing 500rwhp. It won't happen , lol . Sorry but that's the absolute truth. If it does, good for you , I'll sure be impressed. You will be the first in the world to make it happen. but I won't leave this forum and I'll still give you a middle finger . Now how do you like that?


        how about if it doesn't make 500rwhp, will you leave the forum for good and shall I have joe erase your account?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Tell yourself.
        All I was trying to do was to say it takes two to argue. If you don't argue with LZH, all this bickering stops.

        Why do you take such offence if someone says something that differs to what you say?
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        All I was trying to do was to say it takes two to argue. If you don't argue with LZH, all this bickering stops.

        Why do you take such offence if someone says something that differs to what you say?
        because you chose sides by quoting my post. If you were honest you had have quoted LZH as well. You could have simply stayed out of it and minded your own business. I'm really surprised that your acting like this after sending you all the friendly emails and offering to meet up with you whenever you get a chance
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        I'm watching Portugal vs Germany right now. Chat with you later
        @LZH, I'll take Earl's advice and won't add any more inputs on this thread. If you think your clk could Dyno 500 rwhp on its current header/tune setup on pump gas, then do the M156 community a favor and prove it
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        because you chose sides by quoting my post. If you were honest you had have quoted LZH as well. You could have simply stayed out of it and minded your own business. I'm really surprised that your acting like this after sending you all the friendly emails and offering to meet up with you whenever you get a chance
        Dude - I mean the best for all of us.
        I am in Saudi/Dubai for most of November and we will get time to meet
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I'm watching Portugal vs Germany right now. Chat with you later
        @LZH, I'll take Earl's advice and won't add any more inputs on this thread. If you think your clk could Dyno 500 rwhp on its current header/tune setup on pump gas, then do the M156 community a favor and prove it
        Bravo Click here to enlarge
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        This is why I can't argue with you. You are so full of hate that it makes you look stupid. I said SOMEONE with another CLK. Not You. Someone else, and you know him very well I believe. I could say who he is , but I am going to respect his privacy.

        That particular car had the same Weistec tune you had+ racing heads and after a set of tune adjustments , the car only made 487whp.
        My mistake, I thought you were referring to me. The way you used the word "his" could have been in reference to me. Either way, I misunderstood.



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Finally, I don't believe any of the crap that Mike gave you. NONE. A custom tune will always be better than a flash tune. It's hard to convince someone who simply can't see that. Sorry, but that's the truth. Steven custom tuned my SL63 when he visited my country and we gained 30rwhp on the spot and this was on a hotter weather.
        Funny how you use everything and anything Weistec does or says to prove your point, yet when they don't agree with you call what they say "crap". You clearly missed where Mike prefaced what he said with N/A. He was referring to n/a cars and how they don't benefit from being dyno tuned because their flash tune is so advanced. Obviously a supercharged car like yours needs a dyno tune to be safe. But that's not what were are discussing, is it ?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Go Dyno your car. Post a video of the run and have someone from Weistec confirm it's still on pump gas dynoing 500rwhp. It won't happen , lol . Sorry but that's the absolute truth. If it does, good for you , I'll sure be impressed. You will be the first in the world to make it happen. but I won't leave this forum and I'll still give you a middle finger . Now how do you like that?
        Pretty much what I expected from someone like you.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        how about if it doesn't make 500rwhp, will you leave the forum for good and shall I have joe erase your account?
        I'm fine with that, as long as you agree that if I do show a dyno above 500 whp, you agree to the same. Sounds fair, and I have the dyno to back it up. If you are so sure, then you shouldn't have any problem agreeing to the terms. But then again, you've welched on a previous bet with me so you don't have the best track record for being trustworthy...
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        So, now that we have that cleared up...I'll make you a deal. If I agree to post my header/tune only dyno showing 500+ WHP on pump gas, you and your brother agree to never post here again and give @Sticky permission to delete every thread/post you ever made here and delete your user accounts.

        Deal ? Yes or no will suffice...

        I'm Up for the challenge. Let me see if you have the set of balls to back up what you say
        @Sticky, I want to take LZH's bet. Here are the terms
        @LZH you agree to the following:
        - You show us a video or a graph of a dyno Pull of YOUR CLK dynoing 500rwhp on a dynojet 224 with the standardized SAE correction and a graph smoothing of 5. Send the dyno file to me and sticky as the numbers can be easily manipulated by switching correction factors
        - Have Weistec confirm the dyno that the dyno pull is on YOUR CLK with only mods being Headers/Pump gas tuning. As it easy just to find a 500rwhp dyno sheet and claim it to be yours


        If you do the above and it is found that you are indeed correct. @Sticky, go ahead and erase my account and disable every post/privelage I had ever made on benzboost.

        do it not ,or not have Weistec confirm the dynosheet or the crap you post, then your account would be deleated along with your worthless posts and every trace of you on Benzboost.com

        BRING IT ON. Thats how confident I AM

        this offer stands for Eight days. starting now 16-4-2014

        I would hit the dyno right now if I were you
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        My god, you guys are $#@!ing tools.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        LZH, you have been online for 34 minutes. Be a man for once in your life and take my challenge. Hey here is a chance for you to kick me out of the forums, since you are very confident, right??

        common big man, what you got to lose?
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        @Sticky, please dont negative rep my account and allow me to post until LZH replies to my challenge

        you have kicked me out of the thread where this discussion took place and gave me a set of negative reps. Lets end it right here

        ME OR HIM. LETS DO THIS
      1. lulz_m3's Avatar
        lulz_m3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky, please dont negative rep my account and allow me to post until LZH replies to my challenge

        you have kicked me out of the thread where this discussion took place and gave me a set of negative reps. Lets end it right here

        ME OR HIM. LETS DO THIS
        T'was I who neg repped you. It sounds like you would be better suited to going outside and playing hide and go $#@! yourself.