• Mercedes shows off the exhaust note of the 2015 AMG GT's 4.0 liter twin turbo M177/M178 engine

      Mercedes is paying attention to the quality of the exhaust sound in their upcoming AMG GT sports car. This is nice to see considering that some German manufacturers are choosing to play exhaust sounds through the car's speakersto mitigate the subdued tone of their turbocharged motors. Fortunately AMG is not faking it and is well aware of how subdued the AMG GT's exhaust sound has seemed in testingso they decided put up a few sound clips.


      Here is the start and idle:


      Some lights revs:


      Heavier revs:


      The motor certainly does not sound bad but it does not have the bark that the SLS AMG offered with its M159 V8. Turbos will muffle the exhaust note somewhat but AMG seems to be doing a good job keeping the tone aggressive while still being environmentally friendly.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: Mercedes shows off the exhaust note of the 2015 AMG GT's 4.0 liter twin turbo M177/M178 engine started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 78 Comments
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        No biggie, but it is a public forum, everything is everyone's business if it is posted here but we agree to disagree...... the moment one gets personal one loses the argument usually... anyway have a nice day
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
        No biggie, but it is a public forum, everything is everyone's business if it is posted here but we agree to disagree...... the moment one gets personal one loses the argument usually... anyway have a nice day
        I did not see you comment on the thread. Even LZH stayed on topic. You got personal by quoting my post and going off topic. Take your advice with you
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        ahahahahahah. The 500rwhp man is back. Not arrogant you piece of $hit. I went up against many stock and modified M3's in Lusail international circuit here in Qatar and they did not even come close. A friend of mine with a STOCK C63 BS killed an M3 at a the same road course last week.

        I also went up against an ESS supercharged M3 at the Qatar Mile last November. You can see the results at the website. I was trapping 5mph more than the supercharged M3 in 800 meters with my "pig" NA SLS

        Go back to your 500rwhp fantasy you douchebag
        Is it possible for you to have a discussion without personally attacking people ?
        Man, you really have issues...
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Is it possible for you to have a discussion without personally attacking people ?
        Man, you really have issues...
        when you stop spreading FALSE auto info and show some respect toward me and the rest of the Arab members.

        You act as if you never personally attacked my posts.

        Im ready to post all the disrepectful posts to me and my brother (hundreds of them). I am also ready to post all the filthy PM's between you and I.

        Leave my posts in peace and I will do the same with you. PEACE
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        when you stop spreading FALSE auto info and show some respect toward me and the rest of the Arab members.

        You act as if you never personally attacked my posts.

        Im ready to post all the disrepectful posts to me and my brother (hundreds of them). I am also ready to post all the filthy PM's between you and I.

        Leave my posts in peace and I will do the same with you. PEACE
        I haven't posted anything false - on the contrary, you are the one posting generalized comments.

        Aww, you still butthurt about the past ? LOL, grow a sack and quit acting like a little $#@!. I too can post all the racist and anti-semitic things you and your buddies have sent me AND posted here in numerous threads so why don't you give it a rest already and get a $#@!ing life.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I haven't posted anything false - on the contrary, you are the one posting generalized comments.

        Aww, you still butthurt about the past ? LOL, grow a sack and quit acting like a little $#@!. I too can post all the racist and anti-semitic things you and your buddies have sent me AND posted here in numerous threads so why don't you give it a rest already and get a $#@!ing life.
        AHAHAHHA. Butthurt? No. I am not the one that keeps crying to the admin for being offended

        As for the Anti-sematic comments. How can I be ant-sematic. I am an Arab. If you had any brains you would know that both Arabs and Hebrews return to the same sematic bloodline. I might be Anti-Jew, yes, but not Anti-sematic. I am sematic myself lol.
        I only posted these hate emails after you posted videos of our holy book being burned and throwing comments like "Sand $#@!s", "Towel Head" etc...

        Now fuk off
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        I haven't posted anything false -
        You 500rwhp claim on your CLK with headers/Pump gas tune is FALSE

        Your comment about a stock M3 beating an SLS on a road course not only is FALSE, but also laughable

        Your comment, that the MCT is not a 722.9 tranny is dead FALSE

        should I keep going......?


        Lastly, you have no experience, I have not seen you post any data or anything new in that matter for the M156/M159. I have not seen you post any track/drag data, no dynosheets, and no Vbox data.All you do is talk. Therefore, Please Shut up and let the men race
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        Not angry with you, just askin to mind your own matters
        You are getting into it with way too many members and causing way too much trouble. The attitude needs to change as I'm now getting complaints about you across the board.

        Removed from this thread.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        I found this on yootoob BTW



        Sounds okay yes ?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        AHAHAHHA. Butthurt? No. I am not the one that keeps crying to the admin for being offended

        As for the Anti-sematic comments. How can I be ant-sematic. I am an Arab. If you had any brains you would know that both Arabs and Hebrews return to the same sematic bloodline. I might be Anti-Jew, yes, but not Anti-sematic. I am sematic myself lol.
        I only posted these hate emails after you posted videos of our holy book being burned and throwing comments like "Sand $#@!s", "Towel Head" etc...

        Now fuk off
        Wow, so you openly admit to being a bigot and hating someone based solely on their religion. THAT is the reason is dislike you, it has nothing to do with you being Arab. It's people like you who make the world a $#@!ty place.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Kindly drop it.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Kindly drop it.
        Gladly.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        Exactly, I am a Protestant, my missus is from a holocaust surviving Jewish family... my ex wife and kids are Catholics, yet I have more gay, Jewish and Muslim friends than Christian...

        Shags, we are all the same... and indeed we all usually suffer more at the hands of our own race/type than any other race or creed
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Wow, so you openly admit to being a bigot and hating someone based solely on their religion. THAT is the reason is dislike you, it has nothing to do with you being Arab. It's people like you who make the world a $#@!ty place.
        You did the same thing to me when you threw Anti-Muslim comments and racial comments. I have said it before , You are a racist member. Its quite disgusting that you are allowed to post in this forum.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        As already stated drop it. Last time.
      1. rawad1017's Avatar
        rawad1017 -
        and i thought M3 owners were bad... hehehehehehe
      1. BigM62's Avatar
        BigM62 -
        Worst thread, EVER.
      1. rawad1017's Avatar
        rawad1017 -
        yeah honestly Sticky we're okay with you deleting those kinds of bull$#@! comments that ruin your articles
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
        yeah honestly Sticky we're okay with you deleting those kinds of bull$#@! comments that ruin your articles
        I don't like deleting comments obviously but I'll need to be tighter on this. Sometimes we let way too much go here to the detriment of the content.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Agree 100% with Joe and raw on this. I have no issue with anyone but "you" (Luke vs. Arab) all have the ability to dis-rail ANY thread into petty back and forth of a continuing argument which is really getting old. It used to be you went here for real discussion and MBWorld for crap but it is now the other way around. Don't respond to thus but rather rise above the pettiness going forward.