Close

    • Single turbo BMW N54 335i vs a C5 Corvette Z06 with a cam and nitrous on the highway

      Good runs here showing a single turbo N54 335i up against a C5 Z06 on the highway. The 335i belongs to a BimmerBoost member and features a bottom mount Precision 6466 turbocharger with 25 psi on E85. Claimed power output in the video for the 335i is 680 wheel horsepower but it sure does not look like the car is running with that much power in this video. The Z06 features a bolt on, aftermarket cam, E85 ethanol, and enough giggle juice to make 555 wheel horsepower (if sandbagging is not at play).


      The Z06 is obviously the lighter car. The difference is roughly 400 pounds depending on how the cars are optioned and the amount of fuel. The race is not close between the two with the Z06 taking it up top fairly easily. This 335i does have an automatic transmission and it looks like some additional tuning may be necessary to alleviate bogging after shifts.

      Regardless, what happens in the video is what happens.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Epic Run Single Turbo 335 vs N20 Z06, WOW started by SoFlaZ06 View original post
      Comments 150 Comments
      1. SoFlaZ06's Avatar
        SoFlaZ06 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
        Ha, I knew it'd trap near there. @SoFlaZ06 nice setup. Have you run any FBO e85 gtr's from a roll...I think that would be a decent matchup.
        I did, awesome race. GTR went 137, I started in 3rd at 55, and hoped to power through, since I cant outshift a GTR

      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Makes more sense now, 555 from a mustang with the typical DJ round up is closer to 630. Still it seems like the power so close he shouldn't walk the bimmer like that?
      1. SoFlaZ06's Avatar
        SoFlaZ06 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Makes more sense now, 555 from a mustang with the typical DJ round up is closer to 630. Still it seems like the power so close he shouldn't walk the bimmer like that?
        chuckle, let just make it 700.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
        I was on more boost the night of run.
        680 is an accurate dyno jet number of where I likely was for the run
        Hmm that makes sense, but it just seems for having probably 80-100whp more (dynojet numbers) and only maybe a 300lb weight difference, that race shoulda been a lot closer.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SoFlaZ06 Click here to enlarge
        chuckle, let just make it 700.
        Really nothing to chuckle about, pretty standard to take Mustang number and add 15% to get somewhere near where a DJ would read, since AK is quoting DJ numbers, would make sense for both parties to
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Really nothing to chuckle about, pretty standard to take Mustang number and add 15% to get somewhere near where a DJ would read, since AK is quoting DJ numbers, would make sense for both parties to
        Even if they don't, the bimmer put down ~45whp more on the mustang and only at 22 psi, then turned it up to 25 psi for the race, so say just guessing the bimmer put down ~630 on a mustang, 80whp more and 300lbs more equals ass raping in a roll race? Makes no sense...
      1. SoFlaZ06's Avatar
        SoFlaZ06 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Really nothing to chuckle about, pretty standard to take Mustang number and add 15% to get somewhere near where a DJ would read, since AK is quoting DJ numbers, would make sense for both parties to
        K, not trying to get into a dyno bicker, all aren't created equal, stock I actually made 360whp on a dynojet, and 350whp on this mustang dyno
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
        I was on more boost the night of run.
        680 is an accurate dyno jet number of where I likely was for the run
        Ahh okay, so he used estimated dynojet numbers for your car, and mustang numbers for his. Even though you both dyno'd at the same mustang dyno on sunday.

        Nothing like the ol' internet switcharoo'

        Video should read

        680 BMW 640 Vette , You probably wouldn't have all this debate if it would have been edited correctly.
      1. SoFlaZ06's Avatar
        SoFlaZ06 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
        Ahh okay, so he used estimated dynojet numbers for your car, and mustang numbers for his. Even though you both dyno'd at the same mustang dyno on sunday.

        Nothing like the ol' internet switcharoo'
        chuckle, thats the numbers he told me. calm your tits fast guy
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SoFlaZ06 Click here to enlarge
        chuckle, thats the numbers he told me. calm your tits fast guy
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge

        Video should read; 680 BMW 640 Vette , You probably wouldn't have all this debate if it would have been edited correctly.
        You know you cant use dynojet numbers on one car, and mustang numbers on the other.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
        Ahh okay, so he used estimated dynojet numbers for your car, and mustang numbers for his. Even though you both dyno'd at the same mustang dyno on sunday.

        Nothing like the ol' internet switcharoo'

        Video should read

        680 BMW 640 Vette , You probably wouldn't have all this debate if it would have been edited correctly.
        That wouldn't make sense. He dyno'd 45whp more on a mustang, then added 3psi, so even if changing both to approximate dynojet numbers, you'd think it'd be like 713+ versus ~638. That's just adding 15%.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky, typo on the article. It is a bottom mount, not a top mount.
        I really wanted to make some inappropriate jokes with this but thanks I will edit.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SoFlaZ06 Click here to enlarge
        I did, awesome race. GTR went 137, I started in 3rd at 55, and hoped to power through, since I cant outshift a GTR

        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyz5dlMobq0
        Oh yay NissanBoost content.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Now that was a good race
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        That wouldn't make sense. He dyno'd 45whp more on a mustang, then added 3psi, so even if changing both to approximate dynojet numbers, you'd think it'd be like 713+ versus ~638. That's just adding 15%.
        Either way, you can't use mustang numbers on one car, and estimate dynojet numbers on the other.

        AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU DYNO YOUR CAR AT 3PSI LESS THAN YOU PLAN TO RACE IT? It just creates confusion when you start posting stuff online.

        Either way, Vette walked all over it, good race.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Makes more sense now, 555 from a mustang with the typical DJ round up is closer to 630. Still it seems like the power so close he shouldn't walk the bimmer like that?
        If he's trapping 138 and the 335 is closer to ~130 that's about how he should walk him.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SoFlaZ06 Click here to enlarge
        chuckle, thats the numbers he told me. calm your tits fast guy
        Easy there.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If he's trapping 138 and the 335 is closer to ~130 that's about how he should walk him.
        He trapped 132 literally walking out of the gate and on lower boost.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        He trapped 132 literally walking out of the gate and on lower boost.
        Ok so I was in the right ballpark and it is roughly a 6 mile per hour spread. That's big.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Legionofboom Click here to enlarge
        Either way, you can't use mustang numbers on one car, and estimate dynojet numbers on the other.

        AND WHY THE HELL DID YOU DYNO YOUR CAR AT 3PSI LESS THAN YOU PLAN TO RACE IT? It just creates confusion when you start posting stuff online.

        Either way, Vette walked all over it, good race.
        I'm with ya, I'm just more concerned with how bad the beat was, but yeah that's definite misinformation on youtube...lol