Close

    • PP-Performance tuned R231 SL63 AMG with modified M157 turbochargers goes 10.6 @ 133.9 in the 1/4 mile

      Great results here from the Gulf region with an SL63 putting down some impressive numbers at the Yas Marina drag strip in the Abu Dhabi. The R231 SL63 AMG is the lightest car available in the Mercedes-Benz lineup with the M157 5.5 liter twin turbo AMG V8 and it shows. It isn't light at ~4100 pounds but it is about 200 pounds less than the rear wheel drive E63 AMG. PP-Performance tuned this car and modified the turbos bumping output to roughly 800 crank horsepower.

      The result on the dragsrip is close to a mid 10 second run with a 10.691 at 133.937 miles per hour. The 60 foot is a solid 1.685 seconds meaning that despite the street rubber the car is hooking well.

      Timeslip and list of modifications below.

      Modifications:
      PP-Performance ECU Upgrade RS800
      Downpipes
      Exhaust System
      Modified Turbos




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Quickest & Fastest Mercedes SL 1/4 mile run on the Planet by PP-Performance started by SLS AMG View original post
      Comments 31 Comments
      1. Portman's Avatar
        Portman -
        Amazing run. A beauty as well
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        this car is monster !! congrats

        hope that all members share the results like you not to hide anything ..

        as the cls63 with stock turbo's run the same as this with more kph 218 and 1.7 60F !!!!!
        COME ON!! i still need someone to explain for me
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        i don't want someone to like the above post i need someone from there side to explain for me how they got 10.6 with stock turbo's with 218 KPH and they got 10.6 with upgraded turbo in 215 KPH

        i mean this car with stock turbo's if they have a perfect tune they can run it fast with the upgraded turbo's or at least more KPH than the stock one please i really need an explain for this



        i know that no one have the answer for my question .. cuz there's a game on it.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        i don't want someone to like the above post i need someone from there side to explain for me how they got 10.6 with stock turbo's with 218 KPH and they got 10.6 with upgraded turbo in 215 KPH

        i mean this car with stock turbo's if they have a perfect tune they can run it fast with the upgraded turbo's or at least more KPH than the stock one please i really need an explain for this



        i know that no one have the answer for my question .. cuz there's a game on it.
        Bro, there isnt really anything hard to understand. The SL63 above has upgraded Turbos but was runing with stock wheels and stock tires.

        The CLS63 was custom tuned on the Dyno and it was running with lighter tires and lighter wheels. it also had some weight reduction by removing the seats. Thats why even when it didnt have upgraded turbos, it ran faster.

        You can see the car at the shop when you come and visit. The owner comes there regularly, usually Thursdays. Its running stock turbos. it will be upgraded soon. You can see for yourself bro
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Great results here from the Gulf region with an SL63 putting down some impressive numbers at the Yas Marina drag strip in the Abu Dhabi. The R231 SL63 AMG is the lightest car available in the Mercedes-Benz lineup with the M157 5.5 liter twin turbo AMG V8 and it shows. It isn't light at ~4100 pounds but it is about 200 pounds less than the rear wheel drive E63 AMG. PP-Performance tuned this car and modified the turbos bumping output to roughly 800 crank horsepower.

        The result on the dragsrip is close to a mid 10 second run with a 10.691 at 133.937 miles per hour. The 60 foot is a solid 1.685 seconds meaning that despite the street rubber the car is hooking well.

        Timeslip and list of modifications below.

        Modifications:
        PP-Performance ECU Upgrade RS800
        Downpipes
        Exhaust System
        Modified Turbos

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        i don't want someone to like the above post i need someone from there side to explain for me how they got 10.6 with stock turbo's with 218 KPH and they got 10.6 with upgraded turbo in 215 KPH

        i mean this car with stock turbo's if they have a perfect tune they can run it fast with the upgraded turbo's or at least more KPH than the stock one please i really need an explain for this

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDANhQaYyuc

        i know that no one have the answer for my question .. cuz there's a game on it.
        This is what I was going to say as well considering the SL is lighter.

        That run seems like an anomaly or the car has modified turbos.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Great results....does anyone have a dyno graph for this car?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Great results....does anyone have a dyno graph for this car?
        Not that I can find but their dyno's are way different over there anyway. Difficult to compare. We can at least go by the trap speed.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not that I can find but their dyno's are way different over there anyway. Difficult to compare. We can at least go by the trap speed.
        Yeah I thought I read something about how they measure things differently. Trap speed is crazy, definitely 800+ I would say for sure. Wonder what their turbos are like compared to Weistec or AMS. Funny, haven't really seen any SLs with modified turbos in the US yet.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Yeah I thought I read something about how they measure things differently. Trap speed is crazy, definitely 800+ I would say for sure. Wonder what their turbos are like compared to Weistec or AMS. Funny, haven't really seen any SLs with modified turbos in the US yet.
        I haven't seen any turbo upgraded SL's either which is weird.

        Considering the trap speed I'm guessing this is just a modified OEM turbo.
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I haven't seen any turbo upgraded SL's either which is weird.

        Considering the trap speed I'm guessing this is just a modified OEM turbo.
        Click here to enlarge


        Click here to enlarge

        They share this dyno results on the facebook i dunno their numbers are different .
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...04/image-1.jpg


        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...04/image-2.jpg

        They share this dyno results on the facebook i dunno their numbers are different .
        You linked to thumbnails not full size images. Hard to see...
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You linked to thumbnails not full size images. Hard to see...
        https://m.facebook.com/PPPerformance...pe=1&source=49

        this is the main link hope that help ..
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        https://m.facebook.com/PPPerformance...pe=1&source=49

        this is the main link hope that help ..
        Here we go:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        great .. so @Sticky can you compare those number to the mustang dyno ?

        how many WHP will be on the mustang dyno ?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        great .. so @Sticky can you compare those number to the mustang dyno ?

        how many WHP will be on the mustang dyno ?
        I really don't know. It's hard to compare like that.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        great .. so @Sticky can you compare those number to the mustang dyno ?

        how many WHP will be on the mustang dyno ?
        Mustang Dynos are crap. You can always change the load and correction factors. You can have the same car making 1000whp and 500whp on the same day, lol

        Dynojet224, with an SAE correction and a smoothing of 5 versus engine RPM is the best. Car will dyno the same whp numbers with +/- 3% difference in any other same dyno in the world.

        The MAHA dyno that PP-Perfromance use is also adjustabe. You could limit the airflow and reduce the HP numbers or you could in turn give maximum flow to show higher numbers. Salah does it many times for advertising purposes.

        The dyno of the SL above is legit though, it is really making 780HP, which is around 820PS
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Mustang Dynos are crap. You can always change the load and correction factors. You can have the same car making 1000whp and 500whp on the same day, lol
        I wouldn't call them crap but sure the numbers can be changed just like many dynos. Due to being a load bearing dyno they are a great tuning tool.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Dynojet224, with an SAE correction and a smoothing of 5 versus engine RPM is the best. Car will dyno the same whp numbers with +/- 3% difference in any other same dyno in the world.
        It's the best for peak numbers, sure.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        The dyno of the SL above is legit though, it is really making 780HP, which is around 820PS
        I'm not doubting the output.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        Amazing looking car, probably my fave of the modern Mercs not called SLS
      1. KurtzEmuchello's Avatar
        KurtzEmuchello -
        few days ago was watching new GRIP videos and found video with that sl... so if anyone wants to see it search on youtube (can't post link's)"Wüstenkönig Teil 1/3: Highspeed-Waffen - GRIP - Folge 266 - RTL 2"

        in part 1/3 they are driving it on highway, reaching 344km/h, in part 2/3 are 3 races at dragstip...