Close

    • Procharged Camaro vs MKIII Supra and stock Mclaren MP4-12C vs ESS VT2 625 supercharged DCT E92 BMW M3

      A bunch of action in this video with the first run showing a stout stock bottom end Camaro on meth and race gas with an F1A Procharger go up against a built motor MKIII Supra on E85 and 33 psi of boost courtesy of a Precision 6766 turbocharger. The cars are pretty evenly matched and somewhere in the 8XX wheel horsepower range. The second set of runs show a stock MP4-12C against an ESS VT2 supercharged DCT E92 M3.


      The Camaro and Supra are both in a different league regarding roll on performance than the MP4-12C and the supercharged M3. That said, the MP4-12C leaves the M3 in its dust. It really is not even a race. The McLaren is stock with the 616 horsepower factory map but even when the M3 is given the hit it's still easily destroyed.

      Why the M3 owner would show up on pump gas without meth injection and a high boost pulley is anyone's guess. It just led to being embarrassed by bus lengths on video. If that M3 belonged to this writer that supercharger kit would already be off the car and listed for sale.


      Mod List:

      Mr.TORQ Camaro (Built & Tuned by LG Motorsports):
      - F1A Procharger
      - Stock Bottom End
      - H/C/I/E
      - Race Gas/Meth
      - M6

      Sergio's MKIII Supra (Built & Tuned by DLT Performance):
      - 6766 Single Turbo (33 psi)
      - E85
      - T56 Transmission
      - ~860whp

      Infamous Mclaren MP4-12C:
      - Bone-Stock
      - 616hp

      ESS Supercharged e92 M3:
      - ESS VT-625 Supercharger
      - Exhaust
      - DCT
      - Meth (not used)
      - 570whp

      This article was originally published in forum thread: ***VIDEO***Procharged Camaro vs Mk3 7M Supra & Mclaren MP4-12C vs Supercharged BMW M3 started by AWD75 View original post
      Comments 54 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
        ESS jokes asides, horse power is horse power right?? for a moment there i thought i was watching one of those good old 800whp supra videos from back in the days where the next fastest competition on the freeway was praying for 600whp....

        is the E9x M3's gearing that bad for high speed? The engine sure has the revs.
        You would think horsepower is horsepower but man... that was ugly.

        The M3's gearing isn't bad at all. The DCT is tighter so I feel the manual is better geared for top end runs once you spend more time in gear but still.
      1. mm28's Avatar
        mm28 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You would think horsepower is horsepower but man... that was ugly.

        The M3's gearing isn't bad at all. The DCT is tighter so I feel the manual is better geared for top end runs once you spend more time in gear but still.
        yeah was hoping for a really good match up when the front page photo says a 570whp M3 vs MP4....ESS or not, it was just painful to watch an FI'd M3 got absolutely destory.
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        What is a 625 with high boost pulley? You mean a 650 kit... When will we start calling these kits what they really are?

        Its funny when they go from a 560 kit to a 625 kit they suddenly switch the name but when they raise boost on a 600 or 625 the number never changes.

        Rant over -_-
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        What is a 625 with high boost pulley? You mean a 650 kit... When will we start calling these kits what they really are?

        Its funny when they go from a 560 kit to a 625 kit they suddenly switch the name but when they raise boost on a 600 or 625 the number never changes.

        Rant over -_-
        That's exactly it man. The dyno and pulley game burn them in the real world though. How strong does the ESS kit look in this video?
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That's exactly it man. The dyno and pulley game burn them in the real world though. How strong does the ESS kit look in this video?

        Mp4 is quick that's kind of what I expected from a turbo supercar to be honest.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        Mp4 is quick that's kind of what I expected from a turbo supercar to be honest.
        It's very quick no doubt about it but a ~130 trapping M3 shouldn't get pulled like it. It just goes to show how much more power these kits running those traps have then the people with the pump gas kits. I doubt this guy would have bothered if he knew he was going to get beaten down like that. All that brainless ESS leg humping clearly made him think his stuff is faster than it really is.
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's very quick no doubt about it but a ~130 trapping M3 shouldn't get pulled like it. It just goes to show how much more power these kits running those traps have then the people with the pump gas kits. I doubt this guy would have bothered if he knew he was going to get beaten down like that. All that brainless ESS leg humping clearly made him think his stuff is faster than it really is.
        I heard from a bird our level 3 raced a ess car at the no fly zone event. He had a gopro but no videos have been posted Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        I heard from a bird our level 3 raced a ess car at the no fly zone event. He had a gopro but no videos have been posted Click here to enlarge
        Where the hell are the videos?
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see an M3 vs. M3 vid.
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see an M3 vs. M3 vid.
        It has not been posted YET. Our customer said he had a gopro though.
      1. GetSomeE92's Avatar
        GetSomeE92 -
        The Camaro and Supra are stupid fast. The two stock McLaren's at PBIR the last time I was there were running 10.3-10.5 at 133-135 mph on a pretty warm day.
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 Click here to enlarge
        The Camaro and Supra are stupid fast. The two stock McLaren's at PBIR the last time I was there were running 10.3-10.5 at 133-135 mph on a pretty warm day.
        10.3 stock. sweet jesus!
      1. reimundo's Avatar
        reimundo -
        That 7mgte engine did pretty good