Close

    • TX2K14 - Protomotive 3.8 liter 996 Turbo versus UGR Twin Turbo Audi R8 V10 roll on

      The videos from the first TX2K14 event of the year are beginning to trickle out and here is an interesting roll on match up. The camera car is a Protomotive built 996 Turbo with a 3.8 liter motor putting out whatever it is putting out to hit a best 1/4 mile trap speed of 151.8 miles per hour and a 60-130 sprint of 4.67 seconds. However much power it happens to make is a lot considering this Underground Racing built R8 5.2 V10 is at 1250 wheel horsepower and they go door to door.


      The R8 in the video is apparently Brandon Jacobs car that has shown 1831 horsepower to the wheels. It clearly is not running 1831 wheel horsepower and why it is at a claimed 1250 horsepower is anyone's guess. The Porsche 996 Turbo is definitely at 1000+ as well though.

      Traction is said to be an issue and the oval roll on although neat seems to be fairly short. The run is about 1500 feet meaning slightly more than a 1/4 mile. Definitely not enough distance for cars at this horsepower level.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: TX2K14 - Protomotive 3.8 liter 996 Turbo versus UGR Twin Turbo Audi R8 V10 roll on started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 33 Comments
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        UGR won this event,again lol.
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        UGR won this event,again lol.
        I don't think anyone came close!
      1. Jake@Eurocharged.com's Avatar
        Jake@Eurocharged.com -
        most of the ugr cars are running mode 2 instead of kill...track sucks and not enough distance/traction
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        The winner...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Kind of tough to follow. No specs or details on any of the runs? Just a long compilation without any info.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Much better video. Now this looks like it will be the first LamboBoost article. Man I am so sick of writing already today...
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Those lambos are nuts Click here to enlarge

        They do make that track look short
      1. alex@ABRhouston's Avatar
        alex@ABRhouston -
        I lub TWS Click here to enlarge Its about 90 minutes from me, we service a LOT of cars from there.
        Too bad the guy who owns it wants to turn it into an effing housing development Click here to enlarge
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Much better video. Now this looks like it will be the first LamboBoost article. Man I am so sick of writing already today...
        Keep on writing brova, the hard work is definitely appreciated!
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Things must be mighty slow over at the BB headquarters if that first video was enough to make a front page article...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        Those lambos are nuts Click here to enlarge

        They do make that track look short
        The track is short.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Things must be mighty slow over at the BB headquarters if that first video was enough to make a front page article...Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
        996 Turbo running with a UGR V10 R8? I liked seeing it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        Keep on writing brova, the hard work is definitely appreciated!
        I'd like for my bank account to start showing more appreciation from it. Patience...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
        most of the ugr cars are running mode 2 instead of kill...track sucks and not enough distance/traction
        Exactly. And this is supposed to be where the big dogs run? Um... really?
      1. Jake@Eurocharged.com's Avatar
        Jake@Eurocharged.com -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Exactly. And this is supposed to be where the big dogs run? Um... really?
        ya lol, the roll racing is a new add on this year to compete with TI... fail..

        Most of the guys street race anywho lol
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        996 Turbo running with a UGR V10 R8? I liked seeing it.
        The headline is what made me click on the thread cause who wouldn't want to see it, but it was pretty anti-climatic. I guess I was just expecting more for a front page thread. It was still entertaining.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        The headline is what made me click on the thread cause who wouldn't want to see it, but it was pretty anti-climatic. I guess I was just expecting more for a front page thread. It was still entertaining.
        Trust me I was expected more too with all the Texas 2K14 hype.
      1. rdeterman's Avatar
        rdeterman -
        that's a lame track for roll racing... 1500ft is a joke
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
        that's a lame track for roll racing... 1500ft is a joke
        Agreed.
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        Did they not have more space, or is it a safety thing because those cars are reaching crazy speeds in that short distance?

        edit: nvm just watched the vid its on a circle track