The baseline on 91 octane pump gas with a Milltek exhaust is 381 horsepower and 362 pound-feet of torque at the wheels. After the tune, those figures rise to 458 horsepower and 485 pound-feet of torque at the wheels respectively. 100 octane race gas boosts the numbers further to 484 horsepower and 503 pound-feet of torque at the wheels. APR's 91 octane baseline was 403 wheel horsepower so a slightly higher reading dyno and the tuned number is 465 so both GIAC and APR are showing fairly similar large gains.
In addition to the horsepower and torque gains GIAC is able to raise the rev limiter 200 rpm. They are also able to raise the launch control by 200 rpm which is impressive showing good control over the dual clutch transmission software. Additionally, GIAC says they are able to increase the clamping force of the clutches making this a truly complete tune.
Definitely impressive tuning, check out the dynographs, specs, and video below.
• Dramatic power gain, adding 77 horsepower and 123 ft. /lbs. of torque at the wheels over the OEM software calibration on 91 octane fuel. Using 100 octane fuel and GIAC’s Race mode adds a peak to peak net gain of 103 horsepower and 141 ft. /lbs. of torque at the wheels over OEM.
• Entire powerband improvement with gains as high as 106 horsepower and 141 ft. /lbs. at the wheels on 91 octane fuel. For 100 octane, power gains reach as high as 140 horsepower and 149 ft. /lbs. at the wheels
• Complete recalibration of power requests, air/fuel ratio, timing and boost for maximum power gain at wide open throttle.
• Throttle response improvement for a drive-by-cable like feel, instant feedback
• Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable like, instant feedback
• Speed limiter increase to redline in final drive gear
• Proper torque request recalibration to work in conjunction with GIAC S-Tronic performance transmission software
• Included options: Pump Performance, Stock, Race and Valet modes, as well as a GIAC Flashloader Handheld Switcher Device.
• Pump fuel performance mode calibration for region-specific octane rating.
GIAC is also proud to announce the release of performance DSG transmission software for the 2013+ C7 S6/S7 models. This GIAC exclusive software includes both U.S. and international models. This software complements GIAC performance engine software and is installed in minutes using regular GIAC flashing tools through the OBDII port. Installation of the GIAC product does not require removal of the DSG computer from the car. This quick upgrade supports higher torque levels, faster shift speeds and higher limiters in your DSGs mechatronic to ensure you get the most from your S6 or S7.
GIAC S-Tronic software features:
• Shift points raised +200 RPM in drive, sport and manual modes
• Torque control optimization for faster, smoother shifting
• Clutch pack clamping pressure increase to support higher torque levels
• Launch control raised +200 RPM, with full torque on launch
• Torque requests and limits raised
• Part throttle torque control recalibrated for a more responsive feel