Close

    • Eurocharged releases Stage I M133 AMG 2.0 liter four-cylinder (A45, CLA45, GLA45) engine tune - +40 horsepower, $999.99

      The M133 tuning scene continues to heat up and BenzBoost vendor Eurocharged is now in the mix with their offering. Eurocharged has a plug and play unit that will work with the A45 AMG, CLA45 AMG, and likely the GLA45 AMG as well once it is officially on the streets as these models all share the same M133 four-cylinder motor. On a Dynojet in DIN correction output rises from the baseline of 359.44 to 401.82 horsepower at the crank.


      This correction factor is metric horsepower so the peak numbers would be slightly lower using the US standard of horsepower measurement. Once more the 45 AMG models are on the road more dynographs will come but take a look at the graph below which shows gains through the curve with a peak gain of 42.38 horsepower.

      This is early in the tuning game for the new AMG four-cylinder but the motor is already showing itself to be tune friendly. For more details check out the Eurocharged product page here: http://www.eurocharged.com/products/...ormance-detail

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Eurocharged releases Stage I M133 AMG 2.0 liter four-cylinder (A45, CLA45, GLA45) engine tune - +40 horsepower, $999.99 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 50 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Dude, I respect it for the pocket rocket that it is.
        It would make sense at around $30k.
        Please name a single all wheel drive turbocharged dual clutch performance sedan for less money.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        But, sucking the d@ck of a $50k car that, once modified, runs 112mph is ridiculous.
        More like I'm reporting what is happening on the a brand new platform that with its first mods is already running low 12's.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        You can actually buy a C7 Corvette for $50k.
        Now THAT is a $50k car worth praising.
        But, the $50k CLA45?
        Gimme a break.
        Yep, exact same type of car too. I wonder why people even buy anything other than a Corvette?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        We both agree that the $70k Audi S6 is a beast, and the C63 is going to be great.
        You know this run is quicker and faster than a stock S6 right?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        But, I'm not going to drop to my knees with you on a $50k Evo/STi just because it's got a star on the hood.
        Sorry.
        Who is asking you to? I think the only thing being asked is for some civility and respecting a platform for what it is.

        Ok, you don't like it. That's fine. We get it. That isn't going to stop BenzBoost from discussing it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        r at LEAST a blown 4.0 L
        Maybe you just need to be blown period?
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Are you kidding me?
        Uhhh....the Evo MR.....from 2008.

        Audi S6 are a HUGE luxury boats that I know are running mid 11's at high teens with a flash only.
        They are much faster than the CLA45 stock vs stock.
      1. litxus's Avatar
        litxus -
        I was actually thinking of EVO / STI / WRX crowd when this came out, but most likely it is shooting for audi A3 / S3 and 2 series for now. But man, the new STI looked great as a prototype, but now it looks way watered down once it actually came out.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Maybe you just need to be blown period?
        Send your girl over. I'll buzz her in. Click here to enlarge

        If I'm overreacting, then my bad.
        But, it just seems like you are slobbering all over this car and I just don't get it.
        Especially for $50k.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Send your girl over. I'll buzz her in. Click here to enlarge
        She inflates so i'll just fedex her.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        She inflates so i'll just fedex her.
        Well played, sir. Well played. Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

        Please send 2 girls, preferably with triple input.Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        But, it just seems like you are slobbering all over this car and I just don't get it.
        Especially for $50k.
        I rattled off a list of cars that cost more than $50k that this can beat with less than half the displacement. The Mercedes SL55 AMG was running these times not too long ago with a motor more than twice the size, with more than twice the cylinder count, and with blower. If you don't get why this is impressive I don't know what else to say.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I rattled off a list of cars that cost more than $50k that this can beat with less than half the displacement. The Mercedes SL55 AMG was running these times not too long ago with a motor more than twice the size, with more than twice the cylinder count, and with blower. If you don't get why this is impressive I don't know what else to say.
        I have never liked, or been impressed with, the freight train that is the SL.

        112mph is nothing to be impressed about.
        Bone stock C5's were running 118mph.
        Stock 1990 mustangs were running 112 with just a blower........in 1990.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        I have never liked, or been impressed with, the freight train that is the SL.
        It's a hardtop convertible GT. It's a pretty sweet ride but the point is nobody called that car slow and this is running about the same but it is slow somehow now?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        112mph is nothing to be impressed about.
        Bone stock C5's were running 118mph.
        Bone stock C5's were two door lightweight sports cars with huge V8's. Once again, this is an all wheel drive four-cylinder sedan.

        I also don't remember C5's running 118 as I was door to door with them with my E46 M3. I remember the C5 Z06 running close to that actually.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Stock 1990 mustangs were running 112 with just a blower........in 1990.
        With the addition of a blower? So not only does a Mustang have a bigger V8 but you supercharge it and it's doing the same this 2.0 liter motor is? That makes the Mustang look sad, not this car.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        When the CLA45 is FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS there are NO excuses......especially that pathetic 4cylinder argument.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        With the addition of a blower? So not only does a Mustang have a bigger V8 but you supercharge it and it's doing the same this 2.0 liter motor is? That makes the Mustang look sad, not this car.
        It was just an example.
        That was almost TWENTY FIVE years ago. The car cost $10k brand new and the blower was $2,800.
        Your bias is STRONG.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        When the CLA45 is FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS there are NO excuses......especially that pathetic 4cylinder argument.
        OMG give it a rest. There is nothing pathetic about having the most powerful production four-cylinder in the world.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        That was almost TWENTY FIVE years ago. The car cost $10k brand new and the blower was $2,800.
        Your bias is STRONG.
        There is no bias. I can simply respects motors and engineering of all shapes and sizes. I think it's pretty lame to put down a car running quicker than blown Mercedes V8's over twice the size for over $100k were just a handful of years ago.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        OMG give it a rest. There is nothing pathetic about having the most powerful production four-cylinder in the world.



        There is no bias. I can simply respects motors and engineering of all shapes and sizes. I think it's pretty lame to put down a car running quicker than blown Mercedes V8's over twice the size for over $100k were just a handful of years ago.

        Bragging about the performance of a pathetic little 2.0L 4 cylinder is like bragging about having the prettiest fat chick on the planet.
        "But, look how pretty she is for being 400lbs !!!"

        That is how ridiculous you sound.
        Now, imagine is that same "pretty fat chick" demanded you made $125,000 a year when there was just as attractive women, that were not obese, that were available and only wanted a guy who made $75,000 a year.

        Long analogy, but I think everyone would take the attractive fit girl that was happy with a guy who had a $75k income over that obese chick who demanded a $125k a year guy.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Bragging about the performance of a pathetic little 2.0L 4 cylinder is like bragging about having the prettiest fat chick on the planet.
        "But, look how pretty she is for being 400lbs !!!"
        What in the world is wrong with you?



        Yeah what a pile of crap 2.0 liter motor.

        Mercedes already made the engine. It's already in the car. The car is already designed. They decided to make an entry level AMG.

        Did you go into a Mercedes dealership and try to buy an M157 and they tricked you into an M133 somehow? Were you molested by a 2 liter four-cylinder? Did a drunk grabby uncle drive a Volkswagen 2.0T at some point in your life?

        Mercedes is offering a performance 2.0 liter. It isn't the end of the world. They are offering what is the most powerful in that class in the world. That's awesome, not terrible.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        That is how ridiculous you sound.
        Now, imagine is that same "pretty fat chick" demanded you made $125,000 a year when there was just as attractive women, that were not obese, that were available and only wanted a guy who made $75,000 a year.
        Imagine if you made sense.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Long analogy, but I think everyone would take the attractive fit girl that was happy with a guy who had a $75k income over that obese chick who demanded a $125k a year guy.
        The only thing that should be taken is your medication.
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Keep running your mouth from behind the protection of your computer screen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        Keep running your mouth from behind the protection of your computer screen.
        Click here to enlarge
      1. m54b25's Avatar
        m54b25 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        On a Dynojet in DIN correction output rises from the baseline of 359.44 to 401.82 horsepower at the crank
        Sticky here's a correction on the front page Dyno figures shown are in PS, not HP (or BHP)... it's more like 354.52 Hp to 396.32Hp for the MTB box.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky here's a correction on the front page Dyno figures shown are in PS, not HP (or BHP)... it's more like 354.52 Hp to 396.32Hp for the MTB box.
        This is mentioned in the article.
      1. Skywalker's Avatar
        Skywalker -
        But it is NOT mentioned in the article or on the website, that this box is actually a Box from MTB Germany and was just relabeled Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Skywalker Click here to enlarge
        But it is NOT mentioned in the article or on the website, that this box is actually a Box from MTB Germany and was just relabeled Click here to enlarge
        Chances are a lot of people are using the same box right now until flashing becomes available. A lot of flash tuners use the same my genius hand held device too.

        Mercedes and BMW both source their parts from many of the same manufacturers. That includes ECU's.

        What exactly is your point?