• Watch a BMW S1000RR bike destroy a Veyron Vitesse and a Lamborghini Aventador from a stop and from a roll

      The BMW S1000RR is an absolutely amazing superbike offering world-class performance. We spend most of our time talking about cars here but forget just how important power to weight really is. What better way to illustrate that point than by watching the BMW S1000RR humiliate the Lamborghini Aventador and the Bugatti Veyron Vitesse. The Aventador is never even in the race and the Veyron fairs better but gets smoked as well.


      Keep in mind this is the even more powerful 1200 horsepower version of the Veyron making the bike's performance all the more impressive. There are two videos below with one from a stop from the bike's perspective against the Veyron and Aventador and another video showing the Veyron and S1000RR going at it from a roll.

      The Veyron gets a jump in the second and third roll on races fairing much better with aerodynamics eventually coming into play once it really stretches its legs. The Veyron is obviously designed for much higher speeds than just about... anything. Still, by the time the Veyron reaches speeds that favor it any sane person is shutting their bike down. That the Veyron has to cheat to just try to keep pace is incredible in of itself.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Bugatti Veyron Vitesse vs Lambo Aventador vs BMW S1000RR started by DavidV View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Many car guys think street legal supercars will always run down bikes on the top end because of a better cd. While true for stock bikes, turbo big bore super bikes are different. I know cars will ultimately be quicker and faster than bikes( drag racing, F1, Bonneville salt flats).Better grip and more power etc.
      1. digger's Avatar
        digger -
        running someone down in the topend its about absolute power and drag, weight wont really affect top speed to any great degree in comparison to drag and power to weight tells you nothing.

        A 1000hp 3500lb e90 m3 will beat a 500hp 1750lb e90 m3 at high speed every day of the week but at low speed they will be much the same
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digger Click here to enlarge
        weight wont really affect top speed to any great degree in comparison to drag and power to weight tells you nothing.
        Absolutely right.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        However, a turbo Hayabusa or ZX-14R with 500+ rwhp properly ridden and geared will not be caught period by the Veyron, Adventador insert Supercar here " ". Some of them are running 270mph+ in the standing mile.
        What kind of frickin lunatic would ever turbo a Busa??Click here to enlarge
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        What kind of frickin lunatic would ever turbo a Busa??Click here to enlarge
        There are lots of guys doing it. Drag racers and standing mile racers along with Bonneville Salt Flat racers. I have seen 350 rwhp turbo busas for 15 grand used for sale on the forums. Very cheap speed. I have a 2000 ZX12R. Plenty fast for my riding abilities. Too much really. But there are people that can ride. Have you seen the Ghostrider videos. Guy is nuts. 180+ mph wheelies.

        Ron
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        There are lots of guys doing it. Drag racers and standing mile racers along with Bonneville Salt Flat racers. I have seen 350 rwhp turbo busas for 15 grand used for sale on the forums. Very cheap speed. I have a 2000 ZX12R. Plenty fast for my riding abilities. Too much really. But there are people that can ride. Have you seen the Ghostrider videos. Guy is nuts. 180+ mph wheelies.

        Ron
        It was sarcasm.
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It was sarcasm.
        Really? I guess I missed that.

        Sticky, any new info on the Turbo S85. I have a 2007 M6. Any idea of what this setup will cost installed and tuned.

        Ron
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        Really? I guess I missed that.
        Yeah, you have to be familiar with him.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, any new info on the Turbo S85. I have a 2007 M6. Any idea of what this setup will cost installed and tuned.
        You're looking at ~$20k.
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Any idea of what kind of power it will make? Would that include any internal upgrades needed along with SMG mods to handle the power? Thanks!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        Any idea of what kind of power it will make? Would that include any internal upgrades needed along with SMG mods to handle the power? Thanks!
        I mean I can give you a ballpark of 7XX on stock internals.

        Internal upgrades are separate. A built motor, a properly built motor, isn't cheap.

        The SMG is not too difficult to upgrade. It just depends how far you want to push it. Keep the boost mild and you will be fine. Get addicted and be ready to open up your wallet and then some.
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Thanks for the info. Not ready to do anything just yet.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Roadkill12r Click here to enlarge
        There are lots of guys doing it. Drag racers and standing mile racers along with Bonneville Salt Flat racers. I have seen 350 rwhp turbo busas for 15 grand used for sale on the forums. Very cheap speed. I have a 2000 ZX12R. Plenty fast for my riding abilities. Too much really. But there are people that can ride. Have you seen the Ghostrider videos. Guy is nuts. 180+ mph wheelies.

        Ron
        Click here to enlarge Both of my turbo bikes are posted in the bike section here
      1. Roadkill12r's Avatar
        Roadkill12r -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge Both of my turbo bikes are posted in the bike section here
        Hence the sarcasm I missedClick here to enlarge
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge