• Weistec Stage 2 supercharged daily driven C63 AMG goes 10.7@130 in the 1/4 mile

      Daily driven 10 second C63 AMG trapping at 130+ in the 1/4 mile? No problem. This C63 AMG is from Long Beach California and was driven up to the Famoso Drag strip. The owner just changed the rear tires and wheels to a drag setup and the result was 10.794 @ 130.23 miles per hour with a very nice 1.612 60 foot. He clearly is hooking up very well and has just about maximized what he can hit with his Stage II 2.3 liter twin screw.


      As a reminder, the Weistec Stage II supercharger consists of the components listed below and is good for an increase of over 144 wheel horsepower over stock. This car also has long tube headers.

      Weistec Stage II M156 supercharger Key Features:


      • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • Billet Aluminum Direct Drive Cradle System
      • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering Stage 2 Supercharger System ECU Reflash


      Time slip and photos below, density altitude was +291 at the time of the run.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Stage 2 supercharged daily driven C63 AMG goes 10.7@130 in the 1/4 mile started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 161 Comments
      1. RNS-11Z's Avatar
        RNS-11Z -
        i meant getting it custom tuned. does weistec allow dealers to modify there maps?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
        i meant getting it custom tuned. does weistec allow dealers to modify there maps?
        I don't know. I know they will do a custom tune though. @Weistec
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
        i meant getting it custom tuned. does weistec allow dealers to modify there maps?
        I was planning on getting the out of the box tune from Weistec, I presume they know about our 98RON fuel and have had enough experience to get it right the first time.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't know. I know they will do a custom tune though. @Weistec
        I didn't know that Weistec did custom tunes, would be a little hard for them to custom tune me unless they sit on the phone with the workshop here while the car is on a dyno. Maybe Weistec can answer that question.

        I haven't asked the workshop for a custom tune, they are going to be running with the Weistec one. I feel more comfortable with a tried and test tune on the car. At the end of the day the car is a daily and not a track car, so reliability is more important than power.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        I didn't know that Weistec did custom tunes, would be a little hard for them to custom tune me unless they sit on the phone with the workshop here while the car is on a dyno. Maybe Weistec can answer that question.
        Yeah they obviously custom tune locally but I think they have solutions for working out a custom tune over distance as most tuners do.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        I haven't asked the workshop for a custom tune, they are going to be running with the Weistec one. I feel more comfortable with a tried and test tune on the car. At the end of the day the car is a daily and not a track car, so reliability is more important than power.
        Exactly but if you feel you want a custom tune (and who wouldn't?) I'm sure they can accommodate you.
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Exactly but if you feel you want a custom tune (and who wouldn't?) I'm sure they can accommodate you.
        I understand what you are saying, but my thinking is Weistec would build the best out of the box tune they can which gives a perfect balance of maximum power without compromising engine longevity.

        I will email Steve and ask him the question, and see his recommendation.

        Anyone that has a blower running a custom tune? @Maverick1975 @ecampbell @ekks
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        ut my thinking is Weistec would build the best out of the box tune they can which gives a perfect balance of maximum power without compromising engine longevity.
        I would definitely agree with that line of thinking.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        Anyone that has a blower running a custom tune
        Those guys have custom tunes and I think @George Smooth does too
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I would definitely agree with that line of thinking.

        Those guys have custom tunes and I think @George Smooth does too
        Hopefully some of those guys can jump in and give their opinion, and I will wait for Steve's reply and always go back for a custom tune if the car comes out before then.
      1. RNS-11Z's Avatar
        RNS-11Z -
        as good as the box tune is, and no doubt weistec are on the game and number 1 with what they do, our fuels and conditions are very different to the usa. each to there own but i would recommend a custom tune. if i wasnt building my race car, i would of been weistec charged by now!!! i cant wait to see your results, congrats again charlie.
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        No Ben, I am using City Performance Centre as Steve at Weitec highly recommended them. I was going to use Ramspeed but I heard a little bad feedback recently about them recently. Any reason you stopped using them?



        Thanks H. 11.5 is a little slow for a Stage 2 system. I was hoping to get close to 10s. Probably won't get there on street tyres in summer but should be close. A Stage 2 supercharged system should take 3/4sec off a FBO time. That is my estimates anyways. We will find out soon enough. Click here to enlarge
        youve done one all this work to this car and put a bunch of $ into it ... Do yourself a favor and get a light weight pair of rear wheels with Hoosier drag radials that you can put on in 5 minutes when you get to the track. It will improve your time just as much As the blower. you have a big 6.2 L v8 with a positive displacement 2.3 liter twin screw on it that's going to produce huge low end torque and make it hard to get off the line if you can get your 60 foot down your et will cut down a lot.
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
        as good as the box tune is, and no doubt weistec are on the game and number 1 with what they do, our fuels and conditions are very different to the usa. each to there own but i would recommend a custom tune. if i wasnt building my race car, i would of been weistec charged by now!!! i cant wait to see your results, congrats again charlie.
        I have already emailed Steve about his recommendations due to our different fuel and I will see what his answer is then go from there. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        youve done one all this work to this car and put a bunch of $ into it ... Do yourself a favor and get a light weight pair of rear wheels with Hoosier drag radials that you can put on in 5 minutes when you get to the track. It will improve your time just as much As the blower. you have a big 6.2 L v8 with a positive displacement 2.3 liter twin screw on it that's going to produce huge low end torque and make it hard to get off the line if you can get your 60 foot down your et will cut down a lot.
        I thought about buying some dedicated track wheels but the problem we have here is once we hit 10.99 or quicker we cannot drag out car anymore until we have a roll cage, and other bits and pieces. Not really worth it for me as I don't want to start adding a roll cage to the car. I'm sure I can hit the 10.99 with some MTs or other drag radials on the stock 18s, plus other lightweight mods, like taking out the passenger seat, spare tyre etc...

        If I can't get into the 10s and need some lightweight wheels and hoosiers than I might do that, but I want to see how I go in street trim first and work my way down from there.

        Does your car have a custom tune from Weistec or is it an out of the box tune?
      1. ekks's Avatar
        ekks -
        I run their 91oct "out of the box" tune.
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        We have done a lot of custom tuning for a customers particular needs but the tunes we have developed for our supercharger systems don't require anything custom. The same cars that run mid to high 10's in the quarter mile while still maintaining factory like drivability and reliability are the same tunes we flash in the customers cars.

        Custom tuning is usually needed when the car is running hardware that is not typical such as a header design with odd O2 sensor placement or if the conditions are extremely hot or cold.

        If the installing shop were to dyno the car and we see room for improvement (which is typically never the case unless they are really putting our trunk ice tank to good use and running race gas) we are always willing to make changes. This does take away from the daily driving factor though because the tune becomes more aggressive.

        This is a perfect thread to post this one though because the same car in the video that ran 10.7 was flashed once and was flashed with our 91 octane out of the box tune as the owner @ekks mentioned. We hope this helps. Thanks.

        Weistec Engineering
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Thanks @Weistec .... I'm presuming you tune Australian cars for 98RON?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        Thanks @Weistec .... I'm presuming you tune Australian cars for 98RON?
        Is that the highest pump octane available in Australia?
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Is that the highest pump octane available in Australia?
        Yes 98RON is our Premium Unleaded Fuel.. You can get 100 Octane from 1 brand (which is also not the most reputable brand of fuel) but that is 10% Ethanol and not too sure I am want to put an Ethanol blend in the car.
      1. RNS-11Z's Avatar
        RNS-11Z -
        Our 98 is us93 I believe
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
        Our 98 is us93 I believe
        Yes exactly in which case I don't think there would be any issue with an out of the box 93 tune although I've mostly seen 91 tunes from Weistec as that is what is available in California.
      1. RNS-11Z's Avatar
        RNS-11Z -
        Sticky it's not so much the Ron issue it's a fuel quality issue. Our 98 here is good one day and shocking the next day. There is no consistency. Our pump fuels suck here, mixed in with our weather conditions can be a disaster.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
        Sticky it's not so much the Ron issue it's a fuel quality issue. Our 98 here is good one day and shocking the next day. There is no consistency. Our pump fuels suck here, mixed in with our weather conditions can be a disaster.
        In that case I would opt for a safer tune for lower octane. Not like the car will be giving up much while providing peace of mind.
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        H I am unsure of the fuel quality in QLD but I have never heard a complaint here about fuel quality. I use BP Ultimate 98 all the time and never had an issue. I am hoping I will get an tune suited to 98RON and nothing less.