• 633 wheel horsepower S63TU - F10 M5 with Switzer piggy back tune puts down some big numbers

      The last time BimmerBoost reported on the Switzer P700 package for the F10 M5 the car fitted with the P700 package cracked the 600 wheel barrier with a 604 wheel horsepower run on a Dynojet in SAE correction. Definitely an impressive level of power but EAS (European Auto Source) recently tested an F10 M5 on their in house Dynojet and showed a peak of 633 wheel horsepower although in STD which will often read higher depending on the dyno conditions.

      Additionally, this car has AMS catless downpipes which clearly are making quite a difference and an Akrapovic exhaust system. What makes this all the more impressive is this car is putting down the power on California 91 octane pump gas.

      The tune is not a flash so there are pluses and minuses but there is no debating the F10 M5 is starting to put out some serious power with bolt on modifications.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: 633 wheel horsepower S63TU - F10 M5 with Switzer piggy back tune puts down some big numbers started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 38 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by iuhutch Click here to enlarge
        Throw some e85 in that sucker
        Would be interesting to see...
      1. KhanArt's Avatar
        KhanArt -
        Wow impressive!
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Just saw this N63/S63 piggyback tune for sale. For $2800, lol. It's the same hardware/tune resold for $600 for other model cars. And functionally inferior to our $379 Stage1 tune. It connects to the same TMAP sensors but doesn't offer USB access for logging/updates/adjustment. Really unbelievable it's priced so high. Click here to enlarge

        A customer told me the other day if we doubled our prices we'd probably sell more M5 tunes. Probably true. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Just saw this N63/S63 piggyback tune for sale. For $2800, lol. It's the same hardware/tune resold for $600 for other model cars. And functionally inferior to our $379 Stage1 tune. It connects to the same TMAP sensors but doesn't offer USB access for logging/updates/adjustment. Really unbelievable it's priced so high. Click here to enlarge

        A customer told me the other day if we doubled our prices we'd probably sell more M5 tunes. Probably true. Click here to enlarge

        http://www.n54tech.com/forums/attach...1&d=1388041693
        Do ittttt!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Just saw this N63/S63 piggyback tune for sale. For $2800, lol. It's the same hardware/tune resold for $600 for other model cars. And functionally inferior to our $379 Stage1 tune. It connects to the same TMAP sensors but doesn't offer USB access for logging/updates/adjustment. Really unbelievable it's priced so high. Click here to enlarge

        A customer told me the other day if we doubled our prices we'd probably sell more M5 tunes. Probably true. Click here to enlarge

        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...c1d13880-1.jpg
        What you need to do is show more dyno and track results for the platform Terry. M5 owners generally aren't the brightest when it comes to modding but even they should be able to understand data.

        Switzer has presented and marketed their package fairly well.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What you need to do is show more dyno and track results for the platform Terry. M5 owners generally aren't the brightest when it comes to modding but even they should be able to understand data.

        Switzer has presented and marketed their package fairly well.
        That and raise the price. Low prices in some cases seem fishy, even if you still have the reputation.

        I put an e30 on CG for 4200 looking to get 4k and nobody calls. I changed the post to 5400, I get calls all day now for 4500 LOL. I'm about to sell my 318!! Click here to enlarge
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Just saw this N63/S63 piggyback tune for sale. For $2800, lol. It's the same hardware/tune resold for $600 for other model cars. And functionally inferior to our $379 Stage1 tune. It connects to the same TMAP sensors but doesn't offer USB access for logging/updates/adjustment. Really unbelievable it's priced so high. Click here to enlarge
        Switzer's credibility in the aftermarket community & market share > BMS


        It helps that they've sold millions in GTR + Porsche upgrade packages, in addition to the various bolt-on parts + wheels they've started selling.
      1. 135pats's Avatar
        135pats -
        Impressive numbers, let's see how it likes real octane.


        Terry raise your prices on F10 stuff. Seriously. It's market where folks are eager to throw money at things without really looking into it, so far as I can tell.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Data, results > artificial inflation
      1. 135pats's Avatar
        135pats -
        True. Data trumps all.

        To what extent is the emerging bolt on market for the S63 compatible with the N63? I would imagine that would be huge for overall sales and demand.

        This car is begging for octane and ginormous twin scrolls.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Switzer's credibility in the aftermarket community & market share > BMS
        I've actually never heard of them before I read this thread. Maybe it's a EU thing? Shocked to see they're getting away with these prices on the S63 crowd. That tune is basically a JB+. We'll get to work on settings things right. Click here to enlarge
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        What you need to do is show more dyno and track results for the platform Terry. M5 owners generally aren't the brightest when it comes to modding but even they should be able to understand data.

        Switzer has presented and marketed their package fairly well.
        Yes I think so. It's a small market but we'll spend a little more time with it now.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I've actually never heard of them before I read this thread.
        Seriously? Switzer is probably up there with AMS for top GTR tuners. They recently contracted Syvecs ECU (UK) to be the sole importer for their standalone EMS that's gaining lots of traction on the GTR & Porsche (996/997) market. The BMW & AMG turbocharged cars have become their next targets.





      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
        True. Data trumps all.

        To what extent is the emerging bolt on market for the S63 compatible with the N63? I would imagine that would be huge for overall sales and demand.

        This car is begging for octane and ginormous twin scrolls.
        Came across a local M5 customer who is running one of these $2700 piggybacks. We'll get it on a dynojet soon and compare it with the Stage1 so we know where we stand. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I've actually never heard of them before I read this thread. Maybe it's a EU thing? Shocked to see they're getting away with these prices on the S63 crowd. That tune is basically a JB+. We'll get to work on settings things right. Click here to enlarge
        They're big in the Porsche and Nissan scenes in the USA.

        Their stuff is expensive and generally overpriced. They deliver what is advertised though.
      1. 135pats's Avatar
        135pats -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Came across a local M5 customer who is running one of these $2700 piggybacks. We'll get it on a dynojet soon and compare it with the Stage1 so we know where we stand. Click here to enlarge
        Well that's whatsup! Looking forward to you upping the F10 game for sure. The motor is begging for it.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They're big in the Porsche and Nissan scenes in the USA.

        Their stuff is expensive and generally overpriced. They deliver what is advertised though.
        I feel like as much as anything that's why this is "the tune" to have for the F10 right now. Absolutely, positively no doubt in my mind BMS can put out a product that is worlds superior....but bottom line is Switzer can deliver hard numbers and data right now. You really have to hunt for BMS F10 updates. So who I am to knock them for pricing, I suppose.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They're big in the Porsche and Nissan scenes in the USA.

        Their stuff is expensive and generally overpriced. They deliver what is advertised though.
        Seeing their wiring harness tells me everything I need to know about this S63 tune. I'm still just shocked they are selling a 2 channel analog tuning box with such a high end price tag. For a company that appears to have other high quality tuning options for other platforms this IMHO really looks poorly upon their brand image. I'm sure most M5 owners don't understand or care much about the details of how these tunes work. We'll just dyno test all of them and open some eyes. As you said data reins supreme.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Seeing their wiring harness tells me everything I need to know about this S63 tune. I'm still just shocked they are selling a 2 channel analog tuning box with such a high end price tag. For a company that appears to have other high quality tuning options for other platforms this IMHO really looks poorly upon their brand image.
        It's just money to them and there is no competition right now. So... get to work Click here to enlarge