Close

    • Weight penalty - stock rear wheel drive facelifted W212 E63 AMG beats a PP-Performance tuned bolt on F12 M6 from a roll

      Thus far all the videos we have seen of PP-Performance tuned F12/F13 M6's have shown them crushing their opposition in races. Just look at this video of an LP-560 Gallardo getting destroyed by a PP-Performance tuned M6 (which it shouldn't). This video is interesting as it shows what is said to be a stock rear wheel drive facelifted W212 E63 AMG (the E63 AMG is only available as a 4Matic in the USA) versus a bolt on tuned F12 M6 from a roll of 43 miles per hour and 74 miles per hour.


      Now, this being a rear wheel drive E63 it will be faster from a roll than the 4Matic version as it is lighter and only sending power to the rear wheels rather than all four. It will beat the 4Matic version in a roll on race but is the difference so large that in stock form it can keep up with a modified F13 M6? On paper, it is possible as the F12 M6 traps 116 in the 1/4 mile. The stock F13 M6 coupe traps 123 miles per hour in the 1/4 mile in comparison. Yes, the convertible is much heavier at 4,495 pounds.

      The E63 AMG S version with 4Matic runs 121.8 mile per hour trap speeds. Let's assume the lighter by about 200 pounds rear wheel drive E63 closes the gap with a stock M6. This being the heavier convertible F12 version of the M6 the E63 should win stock for stock. Is it beating a modified M6 with bolt ons though?

      Look at the videos below and come to your own conclusion. It sure looks like the weight penalty of the drop top has a big impact on performance.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2014 E63AMG VS BMW M6 F12 680HP PP performance started by Alrasheed1991 View original post
      Comments 46 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Excuse me , WHAT???
        When the $#@! did I ever say that. I recall me and @Sirex63 were continuously trying to get you in the UAE after you promised to come, only to chicken out cause you knew we were going to smoke you sideways lol


        @Sticky, you see what I mean, this clown actually thinks his Header/Tune setup right now is much better and more powerful than when he had the supercharger. loooool, NEXT PLEASE

        Yes they do. Will you go to Riyadh and race one of them???

        aahahahah. Classic. First of all, that was a TUNE ONLY E63 vs a Stock E63 and this was the previous V1 software from PPP. The newer version software is making much more than the previous one of about 60hp and 100nm of torque.

        Here is a heavier CLS63 from PPP trapping near 133 and elapsing a 10.8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ibA...layer_embedded

        Lets see you try and do the same, loool. Keep tryin Abdullah

        Again, go to Riyadh and race!
        I really don't think you need to insult him. He is being civil.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I really don't think you need to insult him. He is being civil.
        I don't appreciate his lies and BS.
        Please invite him to the mile event your planning and see how quickly he escapes like a chicken
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I don't appreciate his lies and BS.
        Please invite him to the mile event your planning and see how quickly he escapes like a chicken
        I'll invite him, gladly, but if he doesn't attend I don't necessarily think that makes him a chicken.

        From the data I see here I think the result shown is plausible and more realistic than some other videos I've seen. Whether his car is tuned or not or was running race gas I leave it up to others to decide. I think race gas at the very least.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'll invite him, gladly, but if he doesn't attend I don't necessarily think that makes him a chicken.

        From the data I see here I think the result shown is plausible and more realistic than some other videos I've seen. Whether his car is tuned or not or was running race gas I leave it up to others to decide. I think race gas at the very least.
        Your entitled to your opinion. But how do you explain a Gorilla racing E63 4s losing to an M6 from PP-performance, while this guy is overtaking a similar tuned M6 (sure I know its an F12). something is wrong in the video
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Your entitled to your opinion. But how do you explain a Gorilla racing E63 4s losing to an M6 from PP-performance, while this guy is overtaking a similar tuned M6 (sure I know its an F12). something is wrong in the video
        I explained it in the article.
      1. Alrasheed1991's Avatar
        Alrasheed1991 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Excuse me , WHAT???
        When the $#@! did I ever say that. I recall me and @Sirex63 were continuously trying to get you in the UAE after you promised to come, only to chicken out cause you knew we were going to smoke you sideways lol





        @Sticky, you see what I mean, this clown actually thinks his Header/Tune setup right now is much better and more powerful than when he had the supercharger. loooool, NEXT PLEASE


        Yes they do. Will you go to Riyadh and race one of them???


        aahahahah. Classic. First of all, that was a TUNE ONLY E63 vs a Stock E63 and this was the previous V1 software from PPP. The newer version software is making much more than the previous one of about 60hp and 100nm of torque.

        Here is a heavier CLS63 from PPP trapping near 133 and elapsing a 10.8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ibA...layer_embedded

        Lets see you try and do the same, loool. Keep tryin Abdullah

        Again, go to Riyadh and race!
        Sorry it was your brother Khaled who asked i apologies and nothing happen and your brother claimed what you say that tune/header c63 can beat my SC C63 <-- skip this

        if you wanna a race let PP Performance E63 come to my home town you asked for the race not me ...


        And its clearly not AN ONLY TUNE cant you hear the exhaust sound louder than stock ?

        and dont compare cars with different setup different fuel weather allots of factors

        if you wanna race send the car to my home town and you will have one i will install MHP Stage 2 parts when you say yes other than that good luck with your life.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alrasheed1991 Click here to enlarge
        Sorry it was your brother Khaled who asked i apologies and nothing happen and your brother claimed what you say that tune/header c63 can beat my SC C63 <-- skip this

        if you wanna a race let PP Performance E63 come to my home town you asked for the race not me ...


        And its clearly not AN ONLY TUNE cant you hear the exhaust sound louder than stock ?

        and dont compare cars with different setup different fuel weather allots of factors

        if you wanna race send the car to my home town and you will have one i will install MHP Stage 2 parts when you say yes other than that good luck with your life.
        I'm not going to send any PPP cars that I don't own to you. PPP cars don't travel to race with turtles. Your the one that backed out of the race Eissa and I offered you in the UAE.

        You mentioned on Mbworld that you will come to the UAE with your E63 to race DBason, are you still up for that or was it just another BS from you? Let me know when you get to the UAE, I'll be sure to send you the black biturbo E63. :-)

        No cars will be sent to your home, frankly you are not worth it and the outcome is pretty damn obvious. You wanna race, you stick with your word and come to the UAE or attend the next Qatar Mile event in March. Otherwise, have fun posting fake and lame videos
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alrasheed1991 Click here to enlarge
        Sorry it was your brother Khaled who asked i apologies and nothing happen and your brother claimed what you say that tune/header c63 can beat my SC C63 <-- skip this

        if you wanna a race let PP Performance E63 come to my home town you asked for the race not me ...


        And its clearly not AN ONLY TUNE cant you hear the exhaust sound louder than stock ?

        and dont compare cars with different setup different fuel weather allots of factors

        if you wanna race send the car to my home town and you will have one i will install MHP Stage 2 parts when you say yes other than that good luck with your life.
        Why would you want to install MHP anything?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        I'm not going to send any PPP cars that I don't own to you. PPP cars don't travel to race with turtles. Your the one that backed out of the race Eissa and I offered you in the UAE.

        You mentioned on Mbworld that you will come to the UAE with your E63 to race DBason, are you still up for that or was it just another BS from you? Let me know when you get to the UAE, I'll be sure to send you the black biturbo E63. :-)

        No cars will be sent to your home, frankly you are not worth it and the outcome is pretty damn obvious. You wanna race, you stick with your word and come to the UAE or attend the next Qatar Mile event in March. Otherwise, have fun posting fake and lame videos
        I just want to know do guys go out to Qatar for racing? Is Abu Dhabi the best spot to do it? That's what I thought.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I just want to know do guys go out to Qatar for racing? Is Abu Dhabi the best spot to do it? That's what I thought.
        They are both good. Depends really on what you want. Abu-Dhabi has it all though and I would say its the best in general in the Arab Gulf region
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        They are both good. Depends really on what you want. Abu-Dhabi has it all though and I would say its the best in general in the Arab Gulf region
        That's what I'm thinking.
      1. Ghost.'s Avatar
        Ghost. -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Your entitled to your opinion. But how do you explain a Gorilla racing E63 4s losing to an M6 from PP-performance, while this guy is overtaking a similar tuned M6 (sure I know its an F12). something is wrong in the video
        +1 something is wrong with m6
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        @Sticky, So his car dynos 470-490 rwhp stock, and just by adding VP109 he hit 540rwhp gaining 50-70 rwhp on his factory tune?

        Wow, that has never happened in the world. Only AbdullahClick here to enlarge
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Pass me some of that magic Abdullah, lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky, So his car dynos 470-490 rwhp stock, and just by adding VP109 he hit 540rwhp gaining 50-70 rwhp on his factory tune?

        Wow, that has never happened in the world. Only AbdullahClick here to enlarge
        He should make more power on race gas but obviously that would be too high of a jump. I really don't know what he has done but 540 whp in his car is enough for the result to be what it was.
      1. Jacob502's Avatar
        Jacob502 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        He should make more power on race gas but obviously that would be too high of a jump. I really don't know what he has done but 540 whp in his car is enough for the result to be what it was.
        Not without a tune, and especially a factory one
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
        Not without a tune, and especially a factory one
        I don't know what is done to his car but the result is what it was. I would think an M157 needs a tune for 540 wheel.
      1. Alrasheed1991's Avatar
        Alrasheed1991 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why would you want to install MHP anything?
        Why would i change vendor when i got excellent results and customer service
      1. Alrasheed1991's Avatar
        Alrasheed1991 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't know what is done to his car but the result is what it was. I would think an M157 needs a tune for 540 wheel.
        i will try dyno my car tonight with out fuel
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alrasheed1991 Click here to enlarge
        Why would i change vendor when i got excellent results and customer service
        Because you're getting used to make money for someone for the same exact products you can get elsewhere for less. Why burn money?