Close

    • Renntech already has the M133 inline-4 in the CLA45/A45/GLA45 AMG over 400 horsepower with Stage I tuning

      Remember when BenzBoost posted that the new 2.0 liter M133 AMG four-cylinder is underrated? Many BenzBoost users started speculating there would not be room to tune the motor or that it would not be tuner friendly due to its high amount of boost from the factory turbo. Well, Renntech is already showing over 400 horsepower with just their Stage I tune. The SuperFlow dyno shows 414 horsepower tune only (361 to the wheels) which is a gain of 25 horsepower over stock.

      25 horsepower tune only on an underrated 2.0 liter four-cylinder car with 26 psi of boost stock? Not too shabby especially considering this is just the beginning.

      The videos below also show the performance increase of the tuned car versus the stock car. 0-60 goes down to 4.0 seconds flat from their testing of 4.6 stock and the 0-124 mile per hour time improves to 14.5 seconds from 17.6. Very, very impressive.

      The cars with the M133 motor are going to be a lot of fun for tuners and a staple of the Mercedes tuner scene in the coming years.








      This article was originally published in forum thread: Renntech already has the M133 inline-4 in the CLA45/A45/GLA45 AMG over 400 horsepower with Stage I tuning started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 50 Comments
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        ^^ correction, mid-400whp
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
        Definitely will have to open up the wallet to get into the 5, 6, 700hp and higher range, but it is feasible even with 2 liters.
        Yep.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        I give up
        I totally agree with you, I'm not that impressed with the 25whp gain, better performance, great, but how reliable pushing a little turbo like that? Most reviews already point out you can feel the inconsistent power delivery from the factory, so no surprise tuning can smooth that out for some minimal gains, but I just don't see this car competing with anything significant...ever...except maybe a few independent throw a bunch of money at it cause I want to projects....only time will tell but this car just won't compete with the Ford ST.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        I totally agree with you, I'm not that impressed with the 25whp gain
        Wut? 25 whp from the world's most powerful factory four-cylinder which is a 2.0 liter? What do you want? 75 whp?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        ut I just don't see this car competing with anything significant...ever...
        It can compete with a ton of cars out of the box. You guys have ridiculous expectations and aren't taking it into account in the context of what it is.

        12's stock from a 2.0 liter turbo four. This was unheard of not too long ago.

        This car is faster stock than a damn E46 M3.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Wut? 25 whp from the world's most powerful factory four-cylinder which is a 2.0 liter? What do you want? 75 whp?



        It can compete with a ton of cars out of the box. You guys have ridiculous expectations and aren't taking it into account in the context of what it is.

        12's stock from a 2.0 liter turbo four. This was unheard of not too long ago.

        This car is faster stock than a damn E46 M3.
        Your point? It's quicker than a lot of older cars...the Kia Optima is also quicker than the first Mustang that came out....WOW!

        For someone who preaches patience you sure are quick to jump on small success and magically see the stars...we won't know what this car can do until a turbo upgrade. And yeah, anything less than 75whp without a turbo upgrade will be weak....and I don't see bolt-ons and fuel adding another 50rw
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        And yeah, anything less than 75whp without a turbo upgrade will be weak....and I don't see bolt-ons and fuel adding another 50rw
        I gave up brotha, you should too.

        Ive been in this 2.0 turbo gang for a long time, I know what has to be done and what the limits are. 26 psi stock form, so tuned lets say 28 psi with timing changed. Added 25 whp, not bad. Then what? The turbo is clearly out of it's efficiency range, at this point all you can do is add octane. Then that's another 20 whp at most with all bolt ons in play. 40whp is what I say as I said is what this car will do with FBO racegas.

        Adding a different turbo is a different story. cause that's not regular modding, that's a heart transplant.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        Your point? It's quicker than a lot of older cars...the Kia Optima is also quicker than the first Mustang that came out....WOW!
        So 12's are slow now? You realize this is faster than a stock 335 right? The current one?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        For someone who preaches patience you sure are quick to jump on small success and magically see the stars...we won't know what this car can do until a turbo upgrade. And yeah, anything less than 75whp without a turbo upgrade will be weak....and I don't see bolt-ons and fuel adding another 50rw
        Um not saying this car is going to be the most powerful thing in the world. I'm saying it's awesome for what it is. It IS awesome. I have no idea why a couple of you are hating on it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        I gave up brotha, you should too.

        Ive been in this 2.0 turbo gang for a long time, I know what has to be done and what the limits are. 26 psi stock form, so tuned lets say 28 psi with timing changed. Added 25 whp, not bad. Then what? The turbo is clearly out of it's efficiency range, at this point all you can do is add octane. Then that's another 20 whp at most with all bolt ons in play. 40whp is what I say as I said is what this car will do with FBO racegas.

        Adding a different turbo is a different story. cause that's not regular modding, that's a heart transplant.
        Changing turbos on turbo motors in the performance game is something that happens pretty frequently.

        This car with bolt ons could get into the 11's on the stock turbo. That's awesome.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Changing turbos on turbo motors in the performance game is something that happens pretty frequently.

        This car with bolt ons could get into the 11's on the stock turbo. That's awesome.
        I agree with you 100%, but in terms of stock unmolested cars lol. Just regular Bolt ons and tune. Half the people don't do turbo upgrades anyways.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        I agree with you 100%, but in terms of stock unmolested cars lol. Just regular Bolt ons and tune. Half the people don't do turbo upgrades anyways.
        Half the people don't tune their GTR's or M3's. But we see what the modded ones can do.