• Renntech tune only 2014 W212 E63 AMG 4Matic 1/4 mile run

      It's nice to see the facelifted W212 E63 AMG already modified and on the drag strip. Renntech tuned this E63 AMG 4Matic which is the standard non-S version. If one intends to tune keeping the change versus the S model makes a lot more sense especially considering the performance with just an ECU tune. So what did it run? 11.18 at 126.4 miles per hour. The launch was hardly dramatic as the car just hooked up and went.


      Renntech was able to run an 11.09@129 tune only in the pre-facelift rear wheel drive model. What does this mean? Well, the 4Matic is adding some weight and sucking some trap speed. However, it does not need drag rubber to repeat this performance. So the 4Matic essentially is making hooking up easier and more consistent at the expense of some trap speed.

      Enjoy the video below.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Renntech tune only 2014 W212 E63 AMG 4Matic 1/4 mile run started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 87 Comments
      1. Roll racer's Avatar
        Roll racer -
        Lol
      1. TT C6's Avatar
        TT C6 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        My fault that what? I have the most powerful E92 M3 in the country? Yeah that sucks.
        That's like bragging about having the best looking fat chick.
        No one is impressed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
        That's like bragging about having the best looking fat chick.
        No one is impressed.
        Great analogy! That makes complete sense like the majority of your 'points' do.
      1. 2012 s63tt's Avatar
        2012 s63tt -
        this e63 in the video belongs to me. i really think car can go 10.9 and even 10.8 with just tune. all it needs is a good launch and try to tune down the torque limits as they are insane.feels like audi r8 at the shifts.car cuts 50% of torque.my 12 s63 shifted much better and smoother.i think oem down pipes on s63 are better also.i hope renntech will let me know about any revised tune as i know how to take my cars to the limit.my 12 s63 ran 11.63@125
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2012 s63tt Click here to enlarge
        this e63 in the video belongs to me. i really think car can go 10.9 and even 10.8 with just tune. all it needs is a good launch and try to tune down the torque limits as they are insane.feels like audi r8 at the shifts.car cuts 50% of torque.my 12 s63 shifted much better and smoother.i think oem down pipes on s63 are better also.i hope renntech will let me know about any revised tune as i know how to take my cars to the limit.my 12 s63 ran 11.63@125
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3o2h0LMxY
        Thought this was a new run I was about to frontpage it!

        Quick tank you got there.
      1. M177's Avatar
        M177 -
        when renntech get 11.1 with tune onle why they got 10.9 with the brown cls that upgraded turbo

        i dunno renntech times always make me confused 11.1 with only tune and 10.9 with the upgrade turbo Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M177 Click here to enlarge
        when renntech get 11.1 with tune onle why they got 10.9 with the brown cls that upgraded turbo

        i dunno renntech times always make me confused 11.1 with only tune and 10.9 with the upgrade turbo Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
        Different cars, conditions, fuels, etc.