• Weistec Stage 2 supercharged 91 octane pump gas tuned W204 C63 AMG runs a 10.8@129 1/4 mile

      This a is 10 second daily driven car ladies and gentlemen. The W204 C63 AMG you will see in the video below is running the Weistec Stage II M156 AMG V8 supercharger system. The Stage II kit features a 2.3 liter twin screw supercharger which provides horsepower gains in the 144 wheel range (depending on supporting modifications) and an additional 167 pound-feet of torque at the wheels. This is a 91 octane daily driver tune on the car but the vehicle is running 100 octane race gas so it is not tuned specifically for race fuel.


      The dragstrip is the Famoso strip in California and this run took place on 11/3/2013. Density Altitude was 625 feet above sea level so this equates to 10 second daily driven performance without the most favorable of negative DA weather conditions.

      Keep in mind there are 3.0 liter blower options available from Weistec as well so although this is a very quick and fast run there are even higher performance options available for those who desire it. Very impressive 10 second slip and it is nice to see it done in positive DA conditions on the West Coast.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Stage 2 supercharged 91 octane pump gas tuned W204 C63 AMG runs a 10.8@129 1/4 mile started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 31 Comments
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Nice run.

        Can I get some more info please.

        I am guessing the race fuel was MS109?

        Any lightweight mods? Rotors? Full trim? Carbon hood and/or trunk?

        Just want to know what I would need to do on top of a blower to get into the 10s. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        If you opt for a 3.0 liter to begin with I think that's all you likely need.
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Thanks Sticky.

        Problem being in Australia with an 08, I had the old 7 speed tranny.

        If I opt for the 3.0L I will need to send my tranny and TCU to Weistec to get them upgraded, not a small cost and a long downtime, not really an option for me unfortunately.

        2.3L with the lightweight rotors, drag radials, race gas and the right DA and it should put me in the 10s.

        A 2.3L in UAE ran 11.08 in unfavourable weather, though I believe he had CF hood and trunk, so I will be borderline.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Whether you go 2.3L or 3.0L I'd suggest upgrading the trans. Only a matter of time until the stock 722.9 goes BLAM.
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        A tranny upgrade on the 2.3L is recommended but not necessary, I know a few people running the 2.3L without the tranny upgrade without any issues.

        Lets hope when I do the 2.3L I dont have any tranny issues, really didnt want to go into the expense of upgrading the tranny at the moment.
      1. Even Money's Avatar
        Even Money -
        My old car, I love it!! Great job!!
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        A tranny upgrade on the 2.3L is recommended but not necessary, I know a few people running the 2.3L without the tranny upgrade without any issues.

        Lets hope when I do the 2.3L I dont have any tranny issues, really didnt want to go into the expense of upgrading the tranny at the moment.
        The car has light weight rotors. Other than that it's full weight. You will get it in the 10's if your are persistent!

        EDIT The car has a stock hood!

        Weistec Engineering
      1. charliekay's Avatar
        charliekay -
        Thanks Weistec.

        Btw, what sort of power difference do the supercharged C63s get from the MS109 over 93 octane?

        93RON is about 670hp crank, any ideas on numbers from the MS109?
      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
        Thanks Weistec.

        Btw, what sort of power difference do the supercharged C63s get from the MS109 over 93 octane?

        93RON is about 670hp crank, any ideas on numbers from the MS109?
        Charlie,

        It is about 25-30 HP difference. Nothing huge but definitely safe at the track.

        Weistec Engineering
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Whether you go 2.3L or 3.0L I'd suggest upgrading the trans. Only a matter of time until the stock 722.9 goes BLAM.
        And you know this from experience?

        You dont have/intalled/upgraded these sysytems on your car. Therefore, please dont throw advices to people without any experienced background.

        these type of posts should be coming from the people who installed the 2.3L on thier M156's

        I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but really this is not your area. I know you are going to come back and say I know so and so people that have installed it

        As far as I know, no "tranny" went BLAM with a 2.3L system!

        Weistec dont even require the tranny upgrade for the 3.0L system, they only reccomend it
        and as far as the 2.3L systems, they dont even list the tranny upgrade as a reccomendation as the stock trans is good enough to handle the power

        check it out:
        http://weistec.com/m156sc.html
        I'm also quite sure @Weistec dont appreciate your comments. Your making an assumption that the 2.3L system will fry the tranny, which is completely untrue.

        Both @Jacob502 and @Sirex63 had the 2.3L systems without the upgraded tranny and I have personally beaten the SL63 on hot weather climates and we never experienced any problems with the transmission.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        oh and @Sticky, nice article. Car looks to be making good power
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Regarding transmission longevity that is completely up to use. A trans not launched on the strip will last longer than one that is. 2.3 or not.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Regarding transmission longevity that is completely up to use. A trans not launched on the strip will last longer than one that is. 2.3 or not.
        Ofcourse, you are right, but your statement will also stand for a NA motor and not necessarily a supercharged one!
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        And you know this from experience?

        You dont have/intalled/upgraded these sysytems on your car. Therefore, please dont throw advices to people without any experienced background.

        these type of posts should be coming from the people who installed the 2.3L on thier M156's

        I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but really this is not your area. I know you are going to come back and say I know so and so people that have installed it

        As far as I know, no "tranny" went BLAM with a 2.3L system!

        Weistec dont even require the tranny upgrade for the 3.0L system, they only reccomend it
        and as far as the 2.3L systems, they dont even list the tranny upgrade as a reccomendation as the stock trans is good enough to handle the power

        check it out:
        http://weistec.com/m156sc.html
        I'm also quite sure @Weistec dont appreciate your comments. Your making an assumption that the 2.3L system will fry the tranny, which is completely untrue.

        Both @Jacob502 and @Sirex63 had the 2.3L systems without the upgraded tranny and I have personally beaten the SL63 on hot weather climates and we never experienced any problems with the transmission.
        You have the MCT correct? Weistec has said its muchhh stronger than the torque convertor 7G. Stage 2 level power is still safe with the older 7G but stage 3 you will want the built trans or MCT. I believe JRCart is testing the stock MCT on a new pulley making about 790 whp and the trans is holding !!! Tired of hearing ppl $#@! about how the mct sucks compared to this and that the fact is its shifts very fast and is the strongest automatic/Automated manual I can think of its simply a BEAST
      1. cpais's Avatar
        cpais -
        We used to make about 40-50 passes a day with Dodgers car at MIR and those were usually all 10 second passes. I wouldn't be surprised if that car had 1000 1/4 mile passes on it.

        It wasn't supercharged but it was faster than these supercharged cars were anyway so it is a good testament to how strong these trannys are. We did service the transmission by changing the fluid and filter a couple of times but we never had to repair anything.

        We broke a ring gear in the rear end but there are some very stout rear ends available for these cars nowadays so I don't see that being a problem anymore.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cpais Click here to enlarge
        It wasn't supercharged but it was faster than these supercharged cars were anyway .
        No It isnt!
        It ran on faster tracks, with 15 inch wheels and C350 rotors.

        His car doesnt stand a change against any stage 2 supercharged cars (Like the one above) when running at the same track and runing same tire/wheel combination.

        Not to mention wghen going against eachother at the streer with street wheels/tires. His car would be raped sidewaysClick here to enlarge

        btw, look for how good the supercharged cars do at MIR this week :-)
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If you opt for a 3.0 liter to begin with I think that's all you likely need.
        Joe - it is easily done with the 2.3 blower. You were a witness to that with my CLK a couple of years ago in Vegas when it was running 10.7's in 100 degree weather.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        And you know this from experience?

        You dont have/intalled/upgraded these sysytems on your car. Therefore, please dont throw advices to people without any experienced background.

        these type of posts should be coming from the people who installed the 2.3L on thier M156's

        I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but really this is not your area. I know you are going to come back and say I know so and so people that have installed it

        As far as I know, no "tranny" went BLAM with a 2.3L system!

        Weistec dont even require the tranny upgrade for the 3.0L system, they only reccomend it
        and as far as the 2.3L systems, they dont even list the tranny upgrade as a reccomendation as the stock trans is good enough to handle the power

        check it out:
        http://weistec.com/m156sc.html
        I'm also quite sure @Weistec dont appreciate your comments. Your making an assumption that the 2.3L system will fry the tranny, which is completely untrue.

        Both @Jacob502 and @Sirex63 had the 2.3L systems without the upgraded tranny and I have personally beaten the SL63 on hot weather climates and we never experienced any problems with the transmission.
        Luke is suggesting this as a matter of bulletproofing a transmission. Surely you must understand that.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        And you know this from experience?

        You dont have/intalled/upgraded these sysytems on your car. Therefore, please dont throw advices to people without any experienced background.

        these type of posts should be coming from the people who installed the 2.3L on thier M156's

        I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but really this is not your area. I know you are going to come back and say I know so and so people that have installed it

        As far as I know, no "tranny" went BLAM with a 2.3L system!

        Weistec dont even require the tranny upgrade for the 3.0L system, they only reccomend it
        and as far as the 2.3L systems, they dont even list the tranny upgrade as a reccomendation as the stock trans is good enough to handle the power

        check it out:
        http://weistec.com/m156sc.html
        I'm also quite sure @Weistec dont appreciate your comments. Your making an assumption that the 2.3L system will fry the tranny, which is completely untrue.

        Both @Jacob502 and @Sirex63 had the 2.3L systems without the upgraded tranny and I have personally beaten the SL63 on hot weather climates and we never experienced any problems with the transmission.
        First of all I wasn't talking to you. I was responding to the person who asked what it would take to get into the 10's, just like Sticky did.

        Second, you should take your own advice, since you haven't installed the system on your car you shouldn't be giving people advice. Just following your logic....as flawed as it may be LOL and since you haven't installed it on your car, therefore this, in your own words, "really is not your area".

        And third, as far as you know, no tranny went BLAM ? Really, because it hasn't been posted on the internet or YouTube it never happened ? Pretty shortsighted view if you ask me because I know for a fact that it has happened. You just haven't heard about it. Which is typical of these types of internet forums. People normally never post about failures, just accomplishments.

        So because your brother and your friend have the system and have not smoked their transmissions means it can't happen ? But I thought you had to have it installed on YOUR car to speak intelligently about it ? If that is your logic, then I actually have more experience to speak to the topic at hand since I have an M156 and I have a 722.9 transmission. You don't have either of those on your car, do you ?

        Oh but you beat an SL63 with the Weistec blower so that some how makes you an authority ? LOL, was this race where you beat the SL63 at the drag strip ? Didn't think so, since for the most part all you tools do is roll on racing and 60-130 pulls which doesn't put nearly as much stress on the trans as launching from a dig at the 1/4 mile which is what is being discussed here and is what my original post was addressing.

        So once again, take your own advice and STFU.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Luke is suggesting this as a matter of bulletproofing a transmission. Surely you must understand that.
        Earl - see above. And yes, that is exactly what I was addressing but I wouldn't expect this idiot to understand that.