Close

    • Evolve Automotive E9X M3 S65 V8 before and after E600 supercharger kit dyno results - 200+ wheel horsepower gains

      414 horsepower is more than enough power for most people out there. But then there are those people who read BimmerBoost.com and are not like most people out there. They want more out of their car. Well, how about painlessly adding over 200 horsepower at the wheels to your M3 with a bolt on supercharger kit? That is exactly what the Evolve E600 kit promises to do and as the dynograph below shows it more than delivers on that promise.

      On a dynojet this M3 posted a baseline of 347 wheel horsepower on 93 octane fuel. At a mild 6.7 psi of boost from the supercharger on that same pump 93 octane with an aftermarket exhaust system output rose to a peak of 553.78 wheel horsepower. Basic arithmetic gives us a gain of 206 horsepower at the wheels. That is well over 600 horsepower at the crank. Repeatable, every day, bolt on performance for your M3. Not to mention an absolutely beautiful torque curve.

      Dynograph courtesy of BimmerBoost vendor Undercover Performance @undercover @undercoverangie


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Evolve Automotive E9X M3 S65 V8 before and after E600 supercharger kit dyno results - 200+ wheel horsepower gains started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 125 Comments
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        Now that my m is FBO and tuned it's just gravy.... My 335 was great, and it's a great car, but the m3 is another animal all together.

        The dct is one of the best features of the car...
        This is what ive been saying, the car itself is just FUN, adding boost is just a bonus
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        I picked up a 09 as well with 43k miles. I got mine inspected by a shop and a blackstone oil analysis before I bought it, the car passed with flying colors. I would buy 09 and newer if I were you, just to avoid first year car issues (eventhough there arent really any on m3's). As LM said, make sure the car was properly maintained, oil changed at appropriate intervals, etc.

        For those on the fence, I had a n54 335, FBO, protune, pump only with LSD and I don't regret one minute that I moved onto a m3. Now that my m is FBO and tuned it's just gravy.... My 335 was great, and it's a great car, but the m3 is another animal all together.

        The dct is one of the best features of the car...
        I am super happy you love the car, however it's SUPER frustrating trying to convey this to other people.

        I try to be logical, use experience, etc. - but until someone drives one for an hour or so, they will remain on the fence. Click here to enlarge
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        I am super happy you love the car, however it's SUPER frustrating trying to convey this to other people.

        I try to be logical, use experience, etc. - but until someone drives one for an hour or so, they will remain on the fence. Click here to enlarge
        Eh...I think people know, but the n54 is still easier/cheaper to make power, so many are drawn to that
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        Eh...I think people know, but the n54 is still easier/cheaper to make power, so many are drawn to that
        This.

        After having driven a DCT and a manual, the car is flat out intoxicating. I am going to stick with the manual but wow is the DCT an incredible piece of engineering. I should have her in my driveway today, STOKED!

        She will stay NA over the winter and will Evolve in the spring! Can't wait.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
        Eh...I think people know, but the n54 is still easier/cheaper to make power, so many are drawn to that
        I would agree with you, but there are literally threads hundreds of pages long about this?
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
        This.

        After having driven a DCT and a manual, the car is flat out intoxicating. I am going to stick with the manual but wow is the DCT an incredible piece of engineering. I should have her in my driveway today, STOKED!

        She will stay NA over the winter and will Evolve in the spring! Can't wait.
        Awesome man - congratulations
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
        This.

        After having driven a DCT and a manual, the car is flat out intoxicating. I am going to stick with the manual but wow is the DCT an incredible piece of engineering. I should have her in my driveway today, STOKED!

        She will stay NA over the winter and will Evolve in the spring! Can't wait.
        Good stuff! CongratsClick here to enlarge
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
        This.

        After having driven a DCT and a manual, the car is flat out intoxicating. I am going to stick with the manual but wow is the DCT an incredible piece of engineering. I should have her in my driveway today, STOKED!

        She will stay NA over the winter and will Evolve in the spring! Can't wait.
        That's awesome! Congratulations man, your gonna have a blast with that S65. Post up some pics for us!
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        pics?

        This one has a new look:

        In reality its as dark as this first one, the rest it looks lighter. I was debating going with silver or black wheels, as you can see I went back to black

        Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Wow, looks wicked Steve!

        My first pic, was not able to bring her home today, have to be in South Carolina on business for the remainder of the week so I will be bringing her home Monday.

        Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
        Wow, looks wicked Steve!

        My first pic, was not able to bring her home today, have to be in South Carolina on business for the remainder of the week so I will be bringing her home Monday.

        http://imageshack.com/a/img59/5439/gj9p.jpg
        Hopefully its not raining when you pic it up. it was when i got mine.. good grab though! time to experience what the hype was all about Click here to enlarge
      1. Irishace's Avatar
        Irishace -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Hopefully its not raining when you pic it up. it was when i got mine.. good grab though! time to experience what the hype was all about Click here to enlarge
        Yep looking forward to it, Monday can't come soon enough.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        M3's for everyone...Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        Honestly it is unreal how many people have done a complete 180. I attend a local meet and it seems like there is one less N54 every time. I have lost count of people I know in the BMW community that are now driving M3's, that were once M3 sh*t talkers.
        All I have to say is if it clicks finally it clicks. Better late than never.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
        Wow, looks wicked Steve!

        My first pic, was not able to bring her home today, have to be in South Carolina on business for the remainder of the week so I will be bringing her home Monday.

        http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im.../11/gj9p-1.jpg
        Sweet pic. Good color choice!

        Congrats...
      1. Mholst's Avatar
        Mholst -
        Based partially on this thread, i picked up an 09 dct e92 m3 today. My first drive in an M! Lotta fun and very very different than my n54 335. So i have abandoned my 335 roots and plans for modding the n54 to produce more boost than dci and jb4 gave me. Now i am looking to supercharge the e92. I re read this thread and i am a bit confused. Sounds like rotrex and evolve both offer super harger kits (i assume a large single turbo). Also sounds like exhaust is mandatory. Ok say i want to spend high four figures for those two products. I like lost marine's comments, but i cant tell if he advocates for evolve or rotrex. Also which exhaust pipes get me home? I am in california, so i cant go catless, i need to be able to pass smog. I also like the idea of an affordable supercharger kit. Any guidance would help out a brand new and slightly stunned member of the M community. That car is SO much different to drive than my torquey n54 6M. I felt exhilirated and a bit humbled driving home but also womdering where all the horseys were hiding. Probably in that high rpm band that sounds like the engine will break out of the mounts if i rev past 5k! I live at 6k regularly in the 335! What s/c kit do i need? Evolve 600 sounds like i wont be disappointed (but i havent priced it yet.....)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mholst Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like rotrex and evolve both offer super harger kits (i assume a large single turbo). Also sounds like exhaust is mandatory. Ok say i want to spend high four figures for
        Whoa.

        Ok, first of all these are superchargers not sure why you said large single turbo.

        An exhaust system is not mandatory but it won't hurt you'll want something that flows freely to maximize gains especially if you plan to run an aggressive pulley.

        Rotrex makes a supercharger unit. Evolve makes the entire supercharger kit. That means the tuning, manifold, associated hardware, etc. Make sense?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mholst Click here to enlarge
        Probably in that high rpm band that sounds like the engine will break out of the mounts if i rev past 5k! I live at 6k regularly in the 335!
        The power is all up top and the motor is very smooth not sure what you mean. You want to rev it past 8k to ge the power.
      1. Mholst's Avatar
        Mholst -
        Thanks sticky. I have seen mondo commentary from you opining on subject of m3 vs 335 which contributed to me buying the M3 today. I have been looking for a vendor to quote me a price on the e600 kit. It appears they do not do direct sales. Any recommendations where to look?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mholst Click here to enlarge
        Thanks sticky. I have seen mondo commentary from you opining on subject of m3 vs 335 which contributed to me buying the M3 today. I have been looking for a vendor to quote me a price on the e600 kit. It appears they do not do direct sales. Any recommendations where to look?
        You would need to go through @undercover @undercoverangie
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mholst Click here to enlarge
        Thanks sticky. I have seen mondo commentary from you opining on subject of m3 vs 335 which contributed to me buying the M3 today. I have been looking for a vendor to quote me a price on the e600 kit. It appears they do not do direct sales. Any recommendations where to look?
        $14,250

        http://www.undercoverperformance.com...-m3-s65-4-0-v8