• Gintani wins the BMW M / Mercedes AMG class with the BimmerBoost.com supercharged E92 M3 at October 2013 Shift-S3ctor - Gintani takes first and second place

      Congratulations are in order to Gintani for exceptiopnal results at this past weekends roll on race event held at the Coalinga, California air strip. First place in the roll on race and trap speed categories for BMW and Mercedes vehicles went to BimmerBoost.com's own Vortech YSI supercharged built motor E92 DCT M3 built by Gintani. Second place in the roll on race category went to Gintani's S85 V10 Vortech supercharged E63 M6.

      The runway is shorter than in the previous events meaning trap speeds would not be equal due to a distance difference. The BimmerBoost.com E92 M3 has had its share of teething pains with the bigger YSI blower and complications arising from the level of torque/power with the dual clutch transmission but Gintani was able on a stock BMW DCT transmission to exceed the competition with a 173.07 mile per hour trap speed. This made for the only E9X chassis in the 170's and the next closest car (ESS-Tuning supercharged) was in the mid 160 range. A clear, distinct difference and victory.

      Transmission and traction issues prevented further improvement but improvement will come as new transmission parts from Germany are on their way in order for the YSI supercharged E92 to be able to put all its power down and even increase boost from the supercharger. Here is a third party's take on how vehicles did at the event at certain power levels:

      "Most 800rwhp cars were trapping about 160 (they moved the cones and everyone was trapping about 10mph+ slower than last year). I was at 165mph when the head lifted and I still had plenty of runway.. If I had to guess that trap would have been about 175mph. That was a rolling start at about 50-60mph at the cones. The 800rwhp cars were trapping 160 from a dig way back against the edge of the runway. Which I estimate put them probably at about 80mph when they hit the cones."

      Most of the cars in the 800 whp range hit the 160 mile per hour trap range putting this performance level in perspective. Additionally, the dual clutch transmission shows just how efficiently it makes use of power trapping higher than cars at similar power levels. Are dual clutch transmissions a distinct performance advantage? Absolutely.

      A strong turbocharged E46 M3 at a higher power level than the BimmerBoost.com E92 M3 ran 165 mile per hour traps. Showing not only can the E92 M3 run with turbocharged E46 M3's, it can beat them. A Lamborghini Aventador in attendance was running in the 150 trap range showing just how potent aftermarket upgraded German cars have become.

      Congratulations to Gintani for a well deserved victory that has been a long time coming. Persistence and perseverance are the themes of the day. People may try to bring you down but ultimately it is up to you whether you give up. What you see here ladies and gentlemen is the result of consistent hard work which brings with it the fruits of that labor.

      Oh, and what about the second place Gintani E63 M6? It features a DCT transmission swap paired to a supercharged S85 V10. Expect more details on this car in a dedicated article. Pictures below (no video as the cell phone video simply does not show anything in enough detail):









      This article was originally published in forum thread: Gintani wins the BMW M / Mercedes AMG class with the BimmerBoost.com supercharged E92 M3 at October 2013 Shift-S3ctor - Gintani takes first and second place started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 147 Comments
      1. ajm8127's Avatar
        ajm8127 -
        Second paragraph, first sentence needs an edit.

        It must feel good, Sticky. Congrats, man.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
        Second paragraph, first sentence needs an edit.

        It must feel good, Sticky. Congrats, man.
        Thank you, edited.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
        It must feel good, Sticky. Congrats, man.
        To me, it was always obvious. You take a rear wheel drive V8 with an 8500 redline and big blower and it's going to do some mean things to people. I mean, I always saw it. It should not be a surprise to anyone but some people need the physical results before putting it together.

        It's a VERY strong platform. No, it's not as fast as GTR's and UGR Gallardo's but then again what is? Is it strong though? Sure looks like it. And I don't want to be another boring guy with a GTR or Gallardo which has been done. This is new territory.
      1. G0TB00ST?'s Avatar
        G0TB00ST? -
        Congrats! Any vids?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
        Congrats! Any vids?
        1 vid but it's not worth posting.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
        Congrats! Any vids?
        <iframe src="//instagram.com/p/fMcMk8uqD7/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        Congrats man, car is a killer. This is excellent.

        But...what the hell is this...a DCT-swapped V10? Click here to enlarge And S/C'd? I gotta see more about this car. Talk about a beast. Gintani is clearly doing huge things. So excited for what they are bringing to the market.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
        Congrats man, car is a killer. This is excellent.

        But...what the hell is this...a DCT-swapped V10? Click here to enlarge And S/C'd? I gotta see more about this car. Talk about a beast. Gintani is clearly doing huge things. So excited for what they are bringing to the market.
        They are doing way, way cool stuff. Frustrating if you only read certain forums as far as what is truly going on. Way, way cool.
      1. inter1032's Avatar
        inter1032 -
        congrats gintani and stcky
        hopefully this recent success will lead them to start posting more $#@! online
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        @Sticky @Gintani Congrats
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        @Sticky- thats the way to do it. congrats my man
      1. SSO95's Avatar
        SSO95 -
        good $#@!
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Def interested to hear more details about the DCT parts coming out of Germany
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Very impressive. Congrats.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        Very impressive. Congrats.
        Appreciated, thanks.
      1. Thomas@GIAC's Avatar
        Thomas@GIAC -
        We were out testing the trap speeds before the event, and they were reading 6 mph lower than last event. Regarding 800 whp cars trapping 160, I would say that wasn't the case. We brought a 650 whp 911 Turbo and it was trapping between 160-165 all day with a legitimate start at the cone (hitting the cones around 30-35 mph). Towards the end of the event, cars started just flooring it from the beginning of the runway, giving them more than a half mile to hit the trap speed marker.

        For reference, Turbo Mike in the IPD 997 GT2 did this (floored it well before the cones) and trapped 183. His car makes 700-750 whp depending on the dyno. When he did a legitimate start at the cones, he trapped 167 if I recall correctly.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Thomas@GIAC Click here to enlarge
        We were out testing the trap speeds before the event, and they were reading 6 mph lower than last event. Regarding 800 whp cars trapping 160, I would say that wasn't the case. We brought a 650 whp 911 Turbo and it was trapping between 160-165 all day with a legitimate start at the cone (hitting the cones around 30-35 mph). Towards the end of the event, cars started just flooring it from the beginning of the runway, giving them more than a half mile to hit the trap speed marker.

        For reference, Turbo Mike in the IPD 997 GT2 did this (floored it well before the cones) and trapped 183. His car makes 700-750 whp depending on the dyno. When he did a legitimate start at the cones, he trapped 167 if I recall correctly.
        -6 eh? Your input is appreciated, thanks Thomas.
      1. Sales@Gintani.com's Avatar
        Sales@Gintani.com -
        Thank you for the recognition. As you all know we were running a factory transmission on sticky's car, so next time our trap speeds will be a lot higher the next event, we had a slipping clutch, and also blew off one of the trans cooler line.

        To clear it up, the M6 did not run dct as we did not have enough time to do the swap.

        Next event we will be back a lot stronger and a lot faster. Sticky's car will be on 25psi and a built transmission, we will have our turbo car there, and who knows what other crazy projects we will come up with by that time. Maybe make the m6 TT setup.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
        To clear it up, the M6 did not run dct as we did not have enough time to do the swap.
        Thanks for clearing this up.

        I want guys to know you are doing a DCT swap with a blown V10 which is... soo damn cool. I'll bring everyone details on it when you guys are ready.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sales@Gintani.com Click here to enlarge
        Sticky's car will be on 25psi
        +FTW Purple fuel please... should be fun Click here to enlarge
      1. dan avoN7's Avatar
        dan avoN7 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SalesGintaniom Click here to enlarge
        Next event we will be back a lot stronger and a lot faster. Sticky's car will be on 25psi and a built transmission, we will have our turbo car there, and who knows what other crazy projects we will come up with by that time. Maybe make the m6 TT setup.
        By next event.. you mean Shift S3ctor's next event, right? It would be great to see his car running at full potential vs the other BMW's at their full potential.