• Fftec Motorsports N54 twin scroll top mount turbo manifold kit, $4950 - Too pricey?

      The N54 inline-6 turbo upgrade era is really now blossoming from stock housing options to a variety of aftermarket manifold and turbo solutions. Fftech originally worked on a bottom mount turbo manifold but it seems they have abandoned that setup in favor of a top mount turbo manifold now. This 'kit' includes everything you need to install an aftermarket turbo setup at $4950 but does not include an upgraded turbo making for a pricey manifold option.

      Fftec deserves whatever the market is willing to pay and there are not exactly a plethora of top mount off the shelf manifold options in the N54 world at this time. Will it sell? Absolutely.

      Why a top mount? Speculation by BimmerBoost members is that the bottom mount manifold required too much modification to the frame of the vehicle to fit. As a reminder, BimmerBoost vendors do have working bottom mount solutions for those not interested in a top mount for whatever reason (sleeper, heat in the engine bay, etc.).

      Picture and pricing info below.




      Included in this Kit:

      FFTEC Twin Scroll Top Mount Exhaust Manifold
      FFTEC Top Mount Downpipe
      FFTEC Lower Intercooler Pipe
      FFTEC CNC Coolant Pipe
      FFTEC Oil Feed and Drain Lines
      FFTEC Swirl Pot
      FFTEC Boost Control Solenoid
      FFTEC Valve Cover Heat Shield
      This article was originally published in forum thread: FFTEC Top mount twin scroll kit started by bmw335iguy View original post
      Comments 265 Comments
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        Can you go into any more detail? Are you talking about reliability or daily driving comfort? btw I'll be looking at Bobs's car tomorrow down your way. Thank again for the honest feedback.
        It may have been because it was my first turbo car, and i was leading the fore-front, but it became more of a job than enjoyment. I felt like i had to have the laptop with and had to log everytime i went WOT just in case. I was always tinkering trying to get it to go just a bit faster. and then everytime i went WOT i was worried about the "what-ifs" something broke. sure, everyone has better advancements than I did at the time, so i was probably over-reacting.
        Currently though, my car will perform 100% everytime i start it and every time i hammer it, which is what i was looking for. Faster than most, lower than others, and thats ok with me because this car is the total package.
        If your around, hit me up, ill let you drive it Click here to enlarge
      1. SLV335I's Avatar
        SLV335I -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They aren't bringing my car and I won't support that event anyway. If people want to run the most powerful E9X they'll have to come to my event. I'm building the car to promote BimmerBoost not others.

        I wish you luck out there Terry be safe.

        Gintani will have something pretty special out there.
        Will the twin turbo M3 be there? Also when are you planing on having your event?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        What has your car run in the 1/4 mile or done 60-130 in, ever at any stage in the build? I haven't seen it posted anywhere, but then I don't spend much time on here.
        M3 naturally aspirated 1/4 mile record for a year when the car first hit back in what 2009? Trap speed record and first to crack 130 trap in the 1/4 mile on the E9X platform what like 3 years ago?

        What has your car done or what records have you set?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
        Will the twin turbo M3 be there? Also when are you planing on having your event?
        It all depends on when my car is done obviously I want to attend my own event.

        The twin turbo M3 will not be there I do not think but something pretty damn cool will be.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        If your around, hit me up, ill let you drive it Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for the offer but I don't want to regret the fact I can't afford an m3 and that I just bought my second 335 Click here to enlarge
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for the offer but I don't want to regret the fact I can't afford an m3 and that I just bought my second 335 Click here to enlarge
        eh, would just like a non-partisan review of the hardware Click here to enlarge the 335 is clean man, you wont regret it
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        eh, would just like a non-partisan review of the hardware Click here to enlarge the 335 is clean man, you wont regret it
        You got PM...err email.
      1. mycoupe's Avatar
        mycoupe -
        130mph is impressive, but NA record right after the car came out is moot. As far as my car, I don't have the Single installed yet since work is so damn busy, and I don't plan on cranking boost up until after I put a clutch and axles in. So, mine is Just FBO - meth right now. So, nothing special. The even bigger difference between you and I though, is even if I had 1000whp, I still wouldn't be as cocky and arrogant as you are. You seem like you get a sense of self worth out of what you own and your perceived value of it in relation to what others have. Kind of sad really.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        M3 naturally aspirated 1/4 mile record for a year when the car first hit back in what 2009? Trap speed record and first to crack 130 trap in the 1/4 mile on the E9X platform what like 3 years ago?

        What has your car done or what records have you set?
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
        Anyone here running >>> 450 whp E9x 335i or 135i on the stock diff or have all added LSD ?
        570 whp stock diff here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        130mph is impressive, but NA record right after the car came out is moot.
        Shows what you know considering I ran a 12.1 after people said the car could not beat a C6 Corvette in a drag race and was not capable of 11's which it then did a year later. So clearly you do not know the context making your point moot.

        Impressive? Yeah I know I was there. So what records have you set again?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        So, nothing special.
        Most accurate thing you said.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        I still wouldn't be as cocky and arrogant as you are.
        That's because you're nothing special.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        You seem like you get a sense of self worth out of what you own and your perceived value of it in relation to what others have. Kind of sad really.
        Yes. That's why I'm seeing something through despite constant idiotic diatriabe from people like yourself who have no idea what they are talking about. Clearly I'm doing it for others. The first thing I did when I was at the dealership was check to make sure you liked the color and options I picked out, right?
      1. mycoupe's Avatar
        mycoupe -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Shows what you know considering I ran a 12.1 after people said the car could not beat a C6 Corvette in a drag race and was not capable of 11's which it then did a year later. So clearly you do not know the context making your point moot.

        Impressive? Yeah I know I was there. So what records have you set again?



        Most accurate thing you said.



        That's because you're nothing special.



        Yes. That's why I'm seeing something through despite constant idiotic diatriabe from people like yourself who have no idea what they are talking about. Clearly I'm doing it for others. The first thing I did when I was at the dealership was check to make sure you liked the color and options I picked out, right?
        you are beyond pathetic dude. I bet you were one of those kids that no one liked and didn't really have any friends, huh? Just watch your little vid of one of the Gintani guys revving your car. You know, the video you're shooting and say, "just for the record, my car!" like anyone gives a $#@! about you anymore than before because they found out you owned it. Please.
        your car is nice, I'll give you that. But you're still a douche, and don't try to hide behind the whole, "I'm doing it to further the platform" crap. You're doing it because you hope it will make you more cool than the guy standing next to you. Well, news flash. It just makes the person next to you look that much better, because you look like such a douche.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
        you are beyond pathetic dude. I bet you were one of those kids that no one liked and didn't really have any friends, huh? Just watch your little vid of one of the Gintani guys revving your car. You know, the video you're shooting and say, "just for the record, my car!" like anyone gives a $#@! about you anymore than before because they found out you owned it. Please.
        your car is nice, I'll give you that. But you're still a douche, and don't try to hide behind the whole, "I'm doing it to further the platform" crap. You're doing it because you hope it will make you more cool than the guy standing next to you. Well, news flash. It just makes the person next to you look that much better, because you look like such a douche.
        Tl;dr
      1. SCGT's Avatar
        SCGT -
        Who cares who drives what with whatever done to it for whatever reason. Aren't we all car enthusiasts? None of us do this $#@! because it cures cancer.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
        Who cares who drives what with whatever done to it for whatever reason. Aren't we all car enthusiasts? None of us do this $#@! because it cures cancer.
        M3's cure cancer.

        Click here to enlarge

        Just breast cancer but it counts.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        good point Sticky... bought my E34 BMW after some asshat in Vegas stole and totalled my Esprit

        but that was after beating cancer.....

        BMW helps one beat brain cancer Click here to enlarge
      1. SSO95's Avatar
        SSO95 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not really but not the place for this discussion.
        I'm pretty sure when fueling issues are worked out and tuning is tweaked, a big single/bigger twins/built motor N54 car would keep up, if not beat blown/built motor M3's. I think you rely too much on your dct to edge you out in reality it comes down to dozens of variables when racing in Mexico or what have you. If you think of it having to pay to play, than you wouldn't even compare the pricing of boosting and building an M3 to any N54 car with considering you even said they should be able to charge whatever they'd like for it.
      1. SSO95's Avatar
        SSO95 -
        @Sticky i love u tho
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Oh absolutely. It's just that then they would pretend like it never happened and then censor everything.

        Regardless, I can't make it anyway as my new clutches aren't in yet so nothing I can really do even if I wanted to.
        wow, it's taking a really REALLY long time to get your trans working....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        wow, it's taking a really REALLY long time to get your trans working....
        Yep custom things take time but the motor sure is running strong. And even without a beefed up trans it seems my car was the quickest fastest BMW / AMG running this weekend.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
        I'm pretty sure when fueling issues are worked out and tuning is tweaked, a big single/bigger twins/built motor N54 car would keep up, if not beat blown/built motor M3's. I think you rely too much on your dct to edge you out in reality it comes down to dozens of variables when racing in Mexico or what have you. If you think of it having to pay to play, than you wouldn't even compare the pricing of boosting and building an M3 to any N54 car with considering you even said they should be able to charge whatever they'd like for it.
        No, it's a combination of the power with the DCT but absolutely the trans is a major advantage. There aren't any N54's outpowering the built motor M3's so there's nothing to even worry about. Power and transmission is all in my favor.

        When you start going to built motors etc. pricing changes significantly.