Close

    • 10 second TT-RS? Yep, APR Stage III upgraded TT-RS by RS WORX goes 10.9@129.74

      What else is there to say about the APR Stage III TT-RS turbo kit? By now you have seen it destroy a tuned GTR from a roll. You have seen it dyno over 600 horsepower to all four wheels. Now you get to see just how potent the setup is on the dragstrip with a 10.9 second 1/4 mile elapsed time with a trap speed of just under 130 miles per hour at 129.74. The car really shows its strength from a stop with a 1.75 60 foot and an 1/8 mile trap speed of 102.04.

      This is the same vehicle detailed in an article earlier this month that had its Stage III APR kit installed by RS WORX. The end result is a 10 second car. Simply phenomenal performance and a potent package. Congratulations to APR and RS WORX.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: 10 second TT-RS? Yep, APR Stage III upgraded TT-RS by RS WORX goes 10.9@129.74 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. lfelunden's Avatar
        lfelunden -
        Would imagine mid 10s with the DCT transmission Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
        Would imagine mid 10s with the DCT transmission Click here to enlarge
        Too bad we don't get that trans in the USA. Or the Roadster... WTF? Audi why do you hate us?
      1. lfelunden's Avatar
        lfelunden -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Too bad we don't get that trans in the USA. Or the Roadster... WTF? Audi why do you hate us?
        I have no idea, eventhough the stock DCT clutches would not stand any chance against this kind of power Click here to enlarge Would love to see this with meth or E85
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
        I have no idea, eventhough the stock DCT clutches would not stand any chance against this kind of power Click here to enlarge Would love to see this with meth or E85
        I would love to see if APR addresses the trans with this upgrade for people overseas.
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Sick.
      1. SLV335I's Avatar
        SLV335I -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I would love to see if APR addresses the trans with this upgrade for people overseas.
        I don't think the market is large enough for it to be worth the R&D cost to upgrade the DCT trans in only that car. Is that the same DCT trans that's in the other VW/Audi cars?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
        I don't think the market is large enough for it to be worth the R&D cost to upgrade the DCT trans in only that car. Is that the same DCT trans that's in the other VW/Audi cars?
        I have no idea but I would assume so.
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I have no idea but I would assume so.
        Pretty sure the DSG is the same across the board. A handful of tuners (not APR) have tunes available for it. There are clutch pack upgrades available but the people pushing big numbers (over 600) tend to stick with stock clutch packs and replace them every so often.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Non of those TT r8 are DSG?
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        Non of those TT r8 are DSG?
        The r8 didn't get it until the '13 model year, not sure if anyone has a TT one of those.

        Now the question is, how different is the 7 speed s-tronic in the ttrs from the one in the Veyron? I believe they are made by different manufacturers, but with programming some of the stronger parts may be able to transfer over.
      1. onisyndicate's Avatar
        onisyndicate -
        1.752 60' on street tires? That's damn impressive if it is! Talk about a killer!
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        im gonna call them up and see if they want to play Click here to enlarge
      1. Nugs's Avatar
        Nugs -
        I know the Main Australian APR distibutor do a DSG upgrade.
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/...mance-hardware
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq-250

        They have a Golf R that runs 11s I think.
      1. SLV335I's Avatar
        SLV335I -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
        1.752 60' on street tires? That's damn impressive if it is! Talk about a killer!
        Many AWD cars 60 ft like that some even better on street tires. Check out the GT-R's and TT 911's. If it was a RWD car now that would be impressive.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
        I know the Main Australian APR distibutor do a DSG upgrade.
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/...mance-hardware
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq-250

        They have a Golf R that runs 11s I think.
        this one?
        Click here to enlarge
      1. justohigh's Avatar
        justohigh -
        Impressive, but I kind of expected a lot more out of it with that much power and weight.
      1. Nugs's Avatar
        Nugs -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Pic doesn't work, but I think it's this one. The workshop is harding Performance.
        Attachment 33288
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
        I know the Main Australian APR distibutor do a DSG upgrade.
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/...mance-hardware
        http://hp.net.au/index.php/products/dq-250

        They have a Golf R that runs 11s I think.
        they're using SSP clutch pack upgrades. People have found that they are not all that great. As I mentioned, many tend to run stock clutch packs as they hold up fairly well.
      1. ChuckD05's Avatar
        ChuckD05 -
        do want this car with this kit.... its got a 10.7 in it with a low 1.6.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
        they're using SSP clutch pack upgrades. People have found that they are not all that great. As I mentioned, many tend to run stock clutch packs as they hold up fairly well.
        SSP sucks gigantic donkey dick. $#@! that company.