Close

    • Watch an APR Stage III TT-RS annihilate a tuned Nissan GT-R

      The new APR Stage III kit for the TT-RS 2.5 TFSI is a very impressive upgrade. Over 600 wheel horsepower, a Garrett GTX35R turbocharger, and an upgraded HPFP (high pressure fuel pump) combine for a very potent package. Just how potent? Well enough to dispense with a Stage I tuned Nissan GT-R very easily. Yes, there are more highly modified GT-R's out there that can eat this TT-RS up quite easily but the video definitely puts the performance capability of the car in perspective.

      Keep in mind this is a 6-speed manual TT-RS. So this is not the transmission doing all the heavy lifting (the driver is a pro driver however) and the GTR of course does benefit from a dual clutch trans.

      Very, very impressive performance from the APR Stage III TT-RS upgrade.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Watch an APR Stage III TT-RS annihilate a tuned Nissan GT-R started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 33 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
        Same weight as a Nissan 370Z.
        That makes more sense.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
        Yes sir, fair comment... I think in general the better the car engines gets as to power the heavier everyone is making the cars to fit in all the compliance crap and electronics
        I think the new turbo motors are also making things a bit difficult as far as keeping weight down due to all the associated pieces.
      1. lfelunden's Avatar
        lfelunden -
        I think it's a manual transmission Click here to enlarge insane shifts!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
        I think it's a manual transmission Click here to enlarge insane shifts!
        It is manual.
      1. UkuRiSh's Avatar
        UkuRiSh -
        This car should make some more power on E85 Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UkuRiSh Click here to enlarge
        This car should make some more power on E85 Click here to enlarge
        But what can the fuel system handle?
      1. UkuRiSh's Avatar
        UkuRiSh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        But what can the fuel system handle?
        Fuel is not the problem , the real problem is if the engine can handle it some extra TQ on E85 . But still impressive result for stock RS 2.5 Engine .
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UkuRiSh Click here to enlarge
        Fuel is not the problem , the real problem is if the engine can handle it some extra TQ on E85 . But still impressive result for stock RS 2.5 Engine .
        I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.
      1. UkuRiSh's Avatar
        UkuRiSh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.
        They did APR have a pump for 2.5 with the Stage 3 kit or you can send them stock one for modifications .
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I disagree. It's the fuel system or we wouldn't already be seeing a pump upgrade at these levels.
        I think that right now it's the engine. The fueling is there with APR's HPFP, however they're at the highest they want to go on stock internals.


        within 6 months there should hopefully be rod/piston upgrade available that should really push the car further. though it should be noted that APR has never massed released an e85 tune.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
        I think that right now it's the engine. The fueling is there with APR's HPFP, however they're at the highest they want to go on stock internals.


        within 6 months there should hopefully be rod/piston upgrade available that should really push the car further. though it should be noted that APR has never massed released an e85 tune.
        We haven't seen the fueling on E85 or what the system can handle. How do we know the engine's limit is here? How do we know what the HPFP's limit is?
      1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
        chrisisnapping -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        We haven't seen the fueling on E85 or what the system can handle. How do we know the engine's limit is here? How do we know what the HPFP's limit is?
        Going off of what APR said.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Arin@APR Click here to enlarge
        Yeah, 104 was like 700 HP. Going to get updated runs with the production file.


        We'll need upgraded rods to make more torque most likely. We've hit 40 PSI a few times. Probably not going to last long if we keep doing that on the stock rods.
        But again APR doesn't tune for e85 or meth in production. So until someone else comes out with a BT kit or someone takes their APR kit to another tuner to be a guinea pig, you won't be seeing e85 numbers, maybe meth numbers though. MAYBE.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
        Going off of what APR said.


        But again APR doesn't tune for e85 or meth in production. So until someone else comes out with a BT kit or someone takes their APR kit to another tuner to be a guinea pig, you won't be seeing e85 numbers, maybe meth numbers though. MAYBE.
        Rods definitely make sense but they still don't say anything about the fuel system limit. Maybe they'll need to upgrade both?

        Regardless, I'm sure there is more in it as it sits, more with rods, and then... who knows?