Close

    • Maximum PSI Stage 2 E46 M3 S54 inline-6 turbo kit sets 6-speed E46 M3 1/4 mile record with 10.43@135.81 pass

      Congratulations to Maximum PSI and Nick G of Technique Tuning (the tuner for the Max PSI kit) for a record setting 1/4 mile pass. The Stage 2 Maximum PSI E46 M3 turbocharger kit managed a very impressive 10.42@135.81 1/4 mile pass. This is with a 6-speed manual car, tuned by Nick G on the stock DME, running the stock internals and 11.5:1 compression ratio. The run took place at the ATCO drag strip located in New Jersey.

      No details were included as to the boost pressure run on the MS109 fuel, tire specs (clearly drag rubber), or supporting modifications such as the exhaust or suspension. A video of the record setting run is below and hopefully Maximum PSI provides further details.

      Regardless, this an incredible achievement for the E46 M3 and congratulations are in order for all involved. This is definitely a feat that can be replicated by owners of the Stage 2 kit and bodes well for Stage 3 and beyond.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Maximum PSI Stage 2 E46 M3 S54 inline-6 turbo kit sets 6-speed E46 M3 1/4 mile record with 10.43@135.81 pass started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 69 Comments
      1. alex@ABRhouston's Avatar
        alex@ABRhouston -
        good driver.

        The "stig" who drove the MPSI E36 turbo coupe could drive his pants off too Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
        Plenty of E46 M3 out here for sale as well sub $20k......
        M3 vert with this kit would be a lot of fun.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Setup, driving, strip, tune, etc.
        But they even had a dedicated drag car!!! gutted to hell, with a drag trans and all. Oh well...I respect HPF a lot. Just amazing what these MaxPSI guys have done.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        But they even had a dedicated drag car!!! gutted to hell, with a drag trans and all. Oh well...I respect HPF a lot. Just amazing what these MaxPSI guys have done.
        Hpf is dead and was mismanaged, nothing much to respect. This is more impressive.
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hpf is dead and was mismanaged, nothing much to respect. This is more impressive.
        Wow. This was an ugly comment on so many levels. There truly isn't a level you won't stoop to.

        Anyway, Congrats to MaxPsi ! Really happy for you guys ! Looking forward to better numbers once the weather cools down some more.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hpf is dead and was mismanaged, nothing much to respect. This is more impressive.
        Maybe it was mismanaged but they did a lot for the e46 M3 platform and that deserves respect. RIP!
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        I 100% believe a 700+ WHP 135 or 335 can pull this off, as long as if hooks up with a good driver. Can't wait to get back to testing on stage 3, I want to be running times like this...Click here to enlarge
        i wouldn't doubt it!

        can't see why with the right setup+driver, with that much power, a low 10 wouldn't be possible haha
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        Wow. This was an ugly comment on so many levels. There truly isn't a level you won't stoop to.

        Anyway, Congrats to MaxPsi ! Really happy for you guys ! Looking forward to better numbers once the weather cools down some more.
        You're a $#@!ing retard. Yeah I'm stooping to a low level because a stock DME tuned M3 runs a record time and HPF is dead. Nobody is even close to this level. STFU douchebag HPF is over move on.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        Maybe it was mismanaged but they did a lot for the e46 M3 platform and that deserves respect. RIP!
        It's over, time to move on.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Congrats to MAXPSI and NICKG. You guys worked so hard on this and you deserve it. All the best.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        M3 vert with this kit would be a lot of fun.

        Yes...... for around $38-40k one could have an uber fast Stage II MaxPSI E46...
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You're a $#@!ing retard. Yeah I'm stooping to a low level because a stock DME tuned M3 runs a record time and HPF is dead. Nobody is even close to this level. STFU douchebag HPF is over move on.

        No dickbag. You're the $#@!ing retard. You were on hpf's nutsack to get an interview with them and have them be one of the sponsors of this site. You're stooping to a low level bringing in their downfall points that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Since being low-class is right up your alley, i'm sure you're oblivious as to why I said what I said. No wonder your own members call you out repeatedly. If you really think I was talking about Maxpsi is doing great things being a low level you really are a dumbass $#@!ing tool. I can care less hpf is closed down. I do however understand how to not be a $#@!ing prick about it you fat $#@!.
      1. BuraQ's Avatar
        BuraQ -
        That goes to show what the DME can do alone
      1. ChuckD05's Avatar
        ChuckD05 -
        all about suspension work... and rubber with the CORRECT psi.

        I guarantee you the driver has had experience driving powerful boat american cars with manual trannys too, i am shocked at how many pitiful MT BMW drivers there are out there, no offense to anyone on here , but if you threw axles , LSD, and a driveshaft as well as proper dialed in suspension on a 6mt n54 there is no reason why you cant pull 1.7x 60s with ease if you knew what you were doing (on stock turbo power)... It doesnt/hasnt happened because no one does these things and drive well...

        no need for launch control , just rev feather, feel for the lunge of traction and ride it at the right pedal position... not just rev and mash
      1. ChuckD05's Avatar
        ChuckD05 -
        exception of @dzenno , i know he didnt have DS or Axles at the time but the people who do it right, WILL break there axles and DS sooner or later, which he did lol
      1. marcvtec's Avatar
        marcvtec -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        No dickbag. You're the $#@!ing retard. You were on hpf's nutsack to get an interview with them and have them be one of the sponsors of this site. You're stooping to a low level bringing in their downfall points that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Since being low-class is right up your alley, i'm sure you're oblivious as to why I said what I said. No wonder your own members call you out repeatedly. If you really think I was talking about Maxpsi is doing great things being a low level you really are a dumbass $#@!ing tool. I can care less hpf is closed down. I do however understand how to not be a $#@!ing prick about it you fat $#@!.
        Someone forgot to take there pills today,wow.

        GJ maximum
      1. bigdnno98's Avatar
        bigdnno98 -
        I cut 1.8s on stock suspension 440HP/480TQ 335i Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
        all about suspension work... and rubber with the CORRECT psi.

        I guarantee you the driver has had experience driving powerful boat american cars with manual trannys too, i am shocked at how many pitiful MT BMW drivers there are out there, no offense to anyone on here , but if you threw axles , LSD, and a driveshaft as well as proper dialed in suspension on a 6mt n54 there is no reason why you cant pull 1.7x 60s with ease if you knew what you were doing (on stock turbo power)... It doesnt/hasnt happened because no one does these things and drive well...

        no need for launch control , just rev feather, feel for the lunge of traction and ride it at the right pedal position... not just rev and mash
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        No dickbag. You're the $#@!ing retard. You were on hpf's nutsack to get an interview with them and have them be one of the sponsors of this site. You're stooping to a low level bringing in their downfall points that has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. Since being low-class is right up your alley, i'm sure you're oblivious as to why I said what I said. No wonder your own members call you out repeatedly. If you really think I was talking about Maxpsi is doing great things being a low level you really are a dumbass $#@!ing tool. I can care less hpf is closed down. I do however understand how to not be a $#@!ing prick about it you fat $#@!.
        Well worded post! Much respect!

        I responded to a statement someone said about HPF saying they are over and it's time to move on only for you to chime in with BS.

        It's stooping to a low level by doing what? Making this factual statement?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Hpf is dead and was mismanaged, nothing much to respect. This is more impressive.


        THIS IS MORE IMPRESSIVE. HPF IS DEAD.

        Wow I'm such a prick!

        Cya!
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        You guys aren't embarrassed you are doing this in a vendors thread about product results?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        You guys aren't embarrassed you are doing this in a vendors thread about product results?
        This isn't a vendors thread.