Close

    • 2013 Audi RS6 versus the B8 RS4 and Nissan GT-R in a 0-1000 meter drag race - Video

      The new C7 RS6 is a strong car with its 4.0 liter 560 horsepower twin turbo V8 motor but unfortunately it is not coming to the USA. The Audi RS7 however is coming to the USA so this drag race gives us an idea of the performance capability of the car. EVO matched the RS6 up against the B8 RS4 Avant with its 4.2 liter naturally aspirated V8 and also the Nissan GT-R which of course sports a twin turbo V6 powerplant in a standing kilometer drag race.


      The first race is RS6 versus RS4 and the RS4 predictably is destroyed. It isn't even close. It feels like an eternity by the time the RS4 crosses the finish line after the RS6. It's a 2 second difference.

      The GT-R race is the interesting one and it is the more worthy competitor in a straightline contest. The GT-R being lighter and also having all wheel drive gets out of the hole quicker versus the RS6. It increases the lead as the race goes and convincingly beats the RS6 down. It's lighter, it has a dual clutch trans as opposed to an automatic, and is simply faster.

      The RS4 does the 0-1000 meter sprint in 24.06 @ 135.4 MPH. The RS6 in 22.04 @ 146.9 MPH, much faster. The GT-R? 21.29 @ 151.4 MPH. So while it is quicker and faster the RS6 is pretty close and certainly impressive for a wagon. The lighter RS7 should make things between the two more interesting and closer. Regardless, the new RS6 is a strong car even though it does not really improve on the previous generation's twin turbo V10.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2013 Audi RS6 versus the B7 RS4 and Nissan GT-R in a 0-1000 meter drag race - Video started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 34 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
        i think that might be a B8 RS4??
        They both look similar, does it have the upgraded lights?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
        i think that might be a B8 RS4??
        I double checked and I think it is the B8. Would be easier if they listed the model year. Good eye!
      1. UsualSuspect's Avatar
        UsualSuspect -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I double checked and I think it is the B8. Would be easier if they listed the model year. Good eye!

        I wasn't totally sure, but it looked a little newer.
      1. warpeacelove's Avatar
        warpeacelove -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's a damn Japanese robot with no soul.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSe83qc8Ngg
        LMAO @ Sticky.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge

        I wasn't totally sure, but it looked a little newer.
        Yeah some of the angles made it tough but you did a good job.
      1. BlackJetE90OC's Avatar
        BlackJetE90OC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's a damn Japanese robot with no soul.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSe83qc8Ngg
        I can tell you have never driven one around a track. The car moves around a lot. It has to be driven.

        Have you ever driven one at all?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
        I can tell you have never driven one around a track. The car moves around a lot. It has to be driven.

        Have you ever driven one at all?
        Translation, "it has a $#@!ty suspension and needs to be manhandled".

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
        I can tell you have never driven one around a track. The car moves around a lot. It has to be driven.

        Have you ever driven one at all?
        Moves around a lot?

        No I haven't driven one.
      1. BlackJetE90OC's Avatar
        BlackJetE90OC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Moves around a lot?

        No I haven't driven one.
        The car actually has to hustled. It isn't robot that just drives itself around the track.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
        The car actually has to hustled. It isn't robot that just drives itself around the track.
        More evidence pointing to the opposite.
      1. UsualSuspect's Avatar
        UsualSuspect -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        More evidence pointing to the opposite.
        Don't knock it, until you try it. I heard the same thing and "it has no soul". Drive it, you'll respect it. You don't have to like it for yourself, but it is an amazing car.

        Watch this Sticky :

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
        Don't knock it, until you try it. I heard the same thing and "it has no soul". Drive it, you'll respect it. You don't have to like it for yourself, but it is an amazing car.

        Watch this Sticky :

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUCI...ature=youtu.be
        I've watched enough GTR videos and read enough reviews (44 minutes? No time for that). I'll come to my own conclusion.
      1. warpeacelove's Avatar
        warpeacelove -
        Awesome Documentary. I respect this BEAST of a car even more after checking the footage out.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by UsualSuspect Click here to enlarge
        Don't knock it, until you try it. I heard the same thing and "it has no soul". Drive it, you'll respect it. You don't have to like it for yourself, but it is an amazing car.

        Watch this Sticky :

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxUCI...ature=youtu.be
      1. UsualSuspect's Avatar
        UsualSuspect -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I've watched enough GTR videos and read enough reviews (44 minutes? No time for that). I'll come to my own conclusion.
        Well let me know whenever you do watch it.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warpeacelove Click here to enlarge
        Awesome Documentary. I respect this BEAST of a car even more after checking the footage out.
        Amazing what went into the car and what car is capable of!