• How to tastefully modify a Mercedes-Benz - HRE and Wheelsboutique tackle Tony Kanaan's W204 C63 Black Series

      A Mercedes-Benz on aftermarket rims is nothing new. The problem is most people go for bling style big heavy chrome rims. Most people are not modifying a C63 AMG Black Series though and most people are not Tony Kanaan. For those not familiar Tony Kanaan is a Brazilian race car driver who is also an automotive enthusiast. He lives in Florida and has had several tastefully modified cars over the years ranging from 996 Turbos featured in magazines to this C63 Black Series you see here.

      The C63 Black Series is basically perfect out of the box with its aggressive bodywork. Wheelsboutique ordered HRE P44SC rims in a brushed titanium finish that look classy and right at home on the Black Series. The car was also lowered and tinted. The carbon overlay HRE centercap is a very nice subtle touch.

      This is how it's done people, sometimes less is more.





















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Tony K's Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series started by HRE_Wheels View original post
      Comments 18 Comments
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        TK's cars are always nice.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        TK's cars are always nice.
        Agreed. Think he even had a E46 M3 turbo... not 100% on that.
      1. Adrenacide's Avatar
        Adrenacide -
        Wow. That's perfect.
      1. Nguyener's Avatar
        Nguyener -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Agreed. Think he even had a E46 M3 turbo... not 100% on that.
        I believe you are correct...a white one built by AA
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nguyener Click here to enlarge
        I believe you are correct...a white one built by AA
        Yep I think that's right it was the other E46 m3 turbo other than Taza.
        @Andrew@activeautowerke
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Aero package but he removed the rear wing?? Nicely done, but I'm surprised that a race car driver would do that. Guess he doesn't planning in tracking it....also the 20's would hurt on track performance. I'd take JRCart's C BS over this one any day. For what he spent on wheels and tires he could have had carbon ceramics and better performance. To each his own I guess but I think what he did to it is lame.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Whoops why didn't I move this to CLK.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Aero package but he removed the rear wing?? Nicely done, but I'm surprised that a race car driver would do that. Guess he doesn't planning in tracking it....also the 20's would hurt on track performance. I'd take JRCart's C BS over this one any day. For what he spent on wheels and tires he could have had carbon ceramics and better performance. To each his own I guess but I think what he did to it is lame.
        The guys real track toys probably make this look like a GT car to him.
      1. HRE_Wheels's Avatar
        HRE_Wheels -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Whoops why didn't I move this to CLK.
        Because it is a C-Class...but it's too late =((
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The guys real track toys probably make this look like a GT car to him.
        For sure, but if you just want the bling and look cool then drive a Bentley or an S65. Just seems counterintuitive to do what he did to a Black Series.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels Click here to enlarge
        Because it is a C-Class...but it's too late =((
        What the hell is wrong with me. I had it right but then I saw CLK and then well.

        It's never too late Click here to enlarge Moving back...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        For sure, but if you just want the bling and look cool then drive a Bentley or an S65. Just seems counterintuitive to do what he did to a Black Series.
        I'm cool with it, it's a street car.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm cool with it, it's a street car.
        No doubt, but that's my point. he bought one of the most radical street cars you can buy and toned it down ? Like I said, counterintuitive but to each his own. His CLK BS was done very tastefully too.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        I don't consider it all that toned down personally. It's just lowered on nice rims. It's not like he chose heavy bling styled rims or anything. The car will still handle great and it looks nice.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        agreed
      1. BlackJetE90OC's Avatar
        BlackJetE90OC -
        Some of TK's other rides, past and present. Probably missing quite a few.



        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Oh just basic stuff...

        WOW!
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        I believe the turbo white E46 M3 is long gone