• 2014 Porsche Macan to debut officially in Los Angeles in November - $42,000 starting price and 286 pounds lighter than the Q5?

      The Porsche Macan design has already been basically completely leaked online but Porsche states that the official reveal will take place at the Los Angeles International Auto Show in November. What is interesting is that this same source regarding the reveal date also claims a starting price point in the $42,000 range. Will that be with a turbo 2.0 four cylinder motor sourced from VW? Most likely but being able to get a Porsche SUV under $50k will definitely pad Porsche sales quite a bit.

      This same source also stated the Macan will be lighter than its Audi Q5 sibling by 286 pounds which sounds like a heck of a lot. But maybe Porsche has pulled it off. That would put the Macan at 3800 pounds starting which just sounds way too light. We will know soon enough, expect the car for sale next year in the Spring.


      Source
      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2014 Porsche Macan to debut officially in Los Angeles in November - $42,000 starting price and 286 pounds lighter than the Q5? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        Hmmm.... so figure about $60k for a new Macan S with the V6 turbo from the Panamera? And if they truly do offer it in Peridot metallic as shown above... Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
        Hmmm.... so figure about $60k for a new Macan S with the V6 turbo from the Panamera? And if they truly do offer it in Peridot metallic as shown above... Click here to enlarge
        Then the Macan Turbo will be $80k? Why would the S get the V6 Turbo from the Panamera S?
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Then the Macan Turbo will be $80k? Why would the S get the V6 Turbo from the Panamera S?
        Yeah... Should have typed turbo not S. But if the base car is a turbo motor, it's kind of weird to have another turbo model. :-/
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
        Yeah... Should have typed turbo not S. But if the base car is a turbo motor, it's kind of weird to have another turbo model. :-/
        Not really if it's a 2.0T which it is.
      1. kokostrollet's Avatar
        kokostrollet -
        puke.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kokostrollet Click here to enlarge
        puke.
        Wait for the real thing, going to be sexy.
      1. Eric335's Avatar
        Eric335 -
        Definitely would take an X5 / X3 over it. Not a huge Porsche SUV fan, idk...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
        Definitely would take an X5 / X3 over it. Not a huge Porsche SUV fan, idk...
        You haven't even seen it or the details yet? This will slap an X3 around.
      1. Eric335's Avatar
        Eric335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You haven't even seen it or the details yet? This will slap an X3 around.
        Your right, im kind of just going off their current Cayenne, but thinking smaller and nicer.

        Id take it over the X1, but a fully spec'd out X3 might be a strong competitor. And the X5 is much bigger so a different market. Then theres the Rover's Evoque coming in around the same price/size that isnt too bad
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
        Your right, im kind of just going off their current Cayenne, but thinking smaller and nicer.

        Id take it over the X1, but a fully spec'd out X3 might be a strong competitor. And the X5 is much bigger so a different market. Then theres the Rover's Evoque coming in around the same price/size that isnt too bad
        If this gets the rumored turbo version, so 400+ hp, an X3 is outgunned.
      1. whoosh's Avatar
        whoosh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eric335 Click here to enlarge
        Definitely would take an X5 / X3 over it. Not a huge Porsche SUV fan, idk...
        On what basis? Certainly not performance...

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
        On what basis? Certainly not performance...
        It's no contest IMO.