Close

    • The world's most powerful E92 M3, BimmerBoost.com Gintani Stage 3.5+ supercharged E92 M3 hits 773 wheel horsepower - Dynograph and video

      The world horsepower record for the E9X M3 S65 V8 currently stands at 773 wheel horsepower and belongs to Gintani as well as BimmerBoost.com, just do not expect it to stand for very long. At Bimmerfest 2013 Gintani had the BimmerBoost.com project E92 M3 on display. They worked tirelessly to get the car ready for the event and took it to the dyno the night before. On MS109 race gas and 18.5 pounds of boost the car was able to hit 773 wheel horsepower with the completely stock DCT transmission slipping at 7250 rpm.

      Looking at the dyno graph below it is easy to see where the clutches begin to slip. At about 4750 rpm the clutch slips a bit then grabs as the pull continues up to 7250 rpm where it slips again and is unable to hold the power as the car is run to its 8500 rpm redline. Regardless, 7250 rpm was enough for a new world record on the S65 V8 platform and overall on the E9X BMW platform.

      Gintani will be rebuilding the cars DCT transmission and once that is complete the car will be back on the dyno for a clean run to redline and another world record. Looking at the graph, the car should conservatively be capable of ~830 wheel horsepower at 18.5 psi with MS109. What will it do on FTW Purple and 24 psi? We will eventually find out.

      Enjoy the picture and graph below. There is a video included of the car at Bimmerfest 2013. A huge crowd was gathered around it. For some reason the announcer at Bimmerfest never notified the crowd that the world's most powerful E92 M3 was in the house and that a new world record had been achieved on the platform. I waited for hours for the announcement which was hand written and delivered to the announcer but to no avail. Additionally, the car did not win a single award despite being the E92 M3 on display that had the most work done to it. Perhaps it needed some tacky neon green trim and red roundels? Definitely odd and awkward considering the years of engineering that have gone into it and that Gintani was a sponsor of the event. Perhaps if a competitor was not the headline sponsor Gintani and this car would have received the acknowledgement that was deserved and earned?

      Congratulations to Gintani on raising the bar to where nobody else on the platform is able to tread. This car is just getting warmed up.












      This article was originally published in forum thread: The world's most powerful E92 M3, BimmerBoost.com Gintani Stage 3.5+ supercharged E92 M3 hits 773 wheel horsepower - Dynograph and video started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 1446 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
        Exactly!! You don't see so it. Whereas those who know the dynos and the potential can speak. Sticky's car did very well. No doubt. I speak solely off knowing the details of the cars that you have no clue about. Sticky's car was the fastest that day. No argument there, so I don't get your point. How many 800+ whp E46 M3s have you experienced? Thank you. Wasting my time even responding to you.
        Answer this.

        What is faster?

        An 800 whp supercharged DCT E92 M3 or an 800 whp turbocharged E46 M3?
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        An 800 whp supercharged DCT E92 M3 or an 800 whp turbocharged E46 M3?
        We'll get a final answer when they're both running at 100%. While the Turbo E46 M3 certainly has more area under the curve, the E92 M3's DCT will keep things very interesting by snapping off shifts & keeping the YSI in play

        *Fixed
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        We'll get a true answer when they're both running at 100%. While the Turbo E46 M3 certainly has more area under the curve, the E92 M3's DCT should compensate by snapping off shifts & keeping the YSI in play
        The answer is DCT M3.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The answer is DCT M3.
        To date, yes
      1. SLV335I's Avatar
        SLV335I -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The answer is DCT M3.
        How about that they are lighter and have more torque? Won't that help some?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLV335I Click here to enlarge
        How about that they are lighter and have more torque? Won't that help some?
        The weight difference isn't that large but sure it helps. But horsepower IS torque and so torque at 3000 rpm doesn't really do much when you're dropping down to 5000+ and the supercharger is keeping torque rising as rpm's rise. So the higher revs help in this case with the shift speed.

        People don't get how nasty a dual clutch trans is. You can win even if you make less power.
      1. SLV335I's Avatar
        SLV335I -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The weight difference isn't that large but sure it helps. But horsepower IS torque and so torque at 3000 rpm doesn't really do much when you're dropping down to 5000+ and the supercharger is keeping torque rising as rpm's rise. So the higher revs help in this case with the shift speed.

        People don't get how nasty a dual clutch trans is. You can win even if you make less power.
        I just checked and like you said they are almost the same weight. They would defiantly would need more power to beat your DCT setup. I also can't wait to see that twin turbo built motor 6mt setup run.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Here's a dyno of Marcus's Lab22 M3
        Click here to enlarge

        That's 1032 WHP & 780 WTQ, on a high compression motor (super quick spool) running E98 & utilizing an EMS that will allow No-Lift Shifting. From looking at Sticky's graph, running it out another 1200 RPMs and using the same angle from the 773 dyno, I assume (key word) that Sticky's car is making ~27 HP off each additional psi, putting it around 850 WHP when it's running ~100% heathy on MS109 with 18.5psi. With FTW Purple and 24 psi, this setup should make 1000 WHP & 650-ish WTQ.

        While the cars curb weights are nearly identical, the cars should be very closely matched. The DCT once it's working properly will provide superior gearing to accelerate & be lighting quick from one gear to the next. Like I said in a previous post, the E46 M3 has not only slightly more power (def more WTQ) and more area under the curve, it's got a 3rd pedal. Taking advantage of NLS & staying in gear longer (and boost) will def help, but the car is 100% dependent on the driver's ability.


        Without a doubt, I look forward to the battle between the E46 and E92 M3s (the last true interpretation's of the Motorsport heritage and M3), but would like to congratulate both owners of taking their cars to the limits & show what they could be capable of.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Here's a dyno of Marcus's Lab22 M3
        http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...psdf3d4910.jpg

        That's 1032 WHP & 780 WTQ, on a high compression motor (super quick spool) running E98 & utilizing an EMS that will allow No-Lift Shifting. From looking at Sticky's graph, running it out another 1200 RPMs and using the same angle from the 773 dyno, I assume (key word) that Sticky's car is making ~27 HP off each additional psi, putting it around 850 WHP when it's running ~100% heathy on MS109 with 18.5psi. With FTW Purple and 24 psi, this setup should make 1000 WHP & 650-ish WTQ.

        While the cars curb weights are nearly identical, the cars should be very closely matched. The DCT once it's working properly will provide superior gearing to accelerate & be lighting quick from one gear to the next. Like I said in a previous post, the E46 M3 has not only slightly more power (def more WTQ) and more area under the curve, it's got a 3rd pedal. Taking advantage of NLS & staying in gear longer (and boost) will def help, but the car is 100% dependent on the driver's ability.


        Without a doubt, I look forward to the battle between the E46 and E92 M3s (the last true interpretation's of the Motorsport heritage and M3), but would like to congratulate both owners of taking their cars to the limits & show what they could be capable of.
        You made a good post.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You made a good post.
        Thanks, just focusing on the facts now that everything's in the open.... Trying to create an excel graph that illustrates slope to support my claims about your car's power.



        Now how bout some rep Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Now how bout some rep
        No.
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
        Exactly!! You don't see so it. Whereas those who know the dynos and the potential can speak. Sticky's car did very well. No doubt. I speak solely off knowing the details of the cars that you have no clue about. Sticky's car was the fastest that day. No argument there, so I don't get your point. How many 800+ whp E46 M3s have you experienced? Thank you. Wasting my time even responding to you.
        That was a pretty dumb response...nevertheless your ill assumption of my experience cause you know me how? Who the $#@! are you? Didn't know your "expert experience" with "800+whp e46 M3's allows you to oh so accurately estimate what they will trap in a given distance in given conditions. My bad bro! LMAO my point is you are trying to assume something would have happened if it would have happened. Ok, so I might as well start arguing that a Stage 3 VTT N54 would have trapped 176! since your e46 M3 would have supposedly trapped 175? See how stupid that sounds? You sound no different.

        Potential doesn't win races....performance wins races....
      1. mjmarovi's Avatar
        mjmarovi -
        Great post @benzy89 can't wait to see the next event that both these cars can be 100%.
      1. SexiPYm3's Avatar
        SexiPYm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        Great post @benzy89 can't wait to see the next event that both these cars can be 100%.
        Now you have some data to get a better understanding of what the debate was about!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SexiPYm3 Click here to enlarge
        Now you have some data to get a better understanding of what the debate was about!!
        But you were saying the E92 M3 had no chance...
      1. SexiPYm3's Avatar
        SexiPYm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        But you were saying the E92 M3 had no chance...
        As the E92 stands now vs the E46 as it stands based on the posted graph, no. But I don't doubt that once the dct gets worked out that it will be a good match. But Benzy mentioning the E92 with dct sorted and more boost and fixed that, I can't call because it requires more work than the E46 to just adjust the issue that caused the lifting. The E46 is already at those power levels now and can be increased.
      1. Group.america's Avatar
        Group.america -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        That was a pretty dumb response...nevertheless your ill assumption of my experience cause you know me how? Who the $#@! are you? Didn't know your "expert experience" with "800+whp e46 M3's allows you to oh so accurately estimate what they will trap in a given distance in given conditions. My bad bro! LMAO my point is you are trying to assume something would have happened if it would have happened. Ok, so I might as well start arguing that a Stage 3 VTT N54 would have trapped 176! since your e46 M3 would have supposedly trapped 175? See how stupid that sounds? You sound no different.

        Potential doesn't win races....performance wins races....
        Not just power...... gearing, traction (laydown) yada yada yada

        Have a mate here with 770 whp/700 Ft-lbs Merc who is slower over a 1/4 mile than my E39 snail... he sits and spins the wheels for 5 secs while I snail, down the road very gently mate...... but he traps over 125
      1. SexiPYm3's Avatar
        SexiPYm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
        That was a pretty dumb response...nevertheless your ill assumption of my experience cause you know me how? Who the $#@! are you? Didn't know your "expert experience" with "800+whp e46 M3's allows you to oh so accurately estimate what they will trap in a given distance in given conditions. My bad bro! LMAO my point is you are trying to assume something would have happened if it would have happened. Ok, so I might as well start arguing that a Stage 3 VTT N54 would have trapped 176! since your e46 M3 would have supposedly trapped 175? See how stupid that sounds? You sound no different.

        Potential doesn't win races....performance wins races....
        Spare me your responses man. I have no time for ethugs that get besides themselves with their words. I have plenty of experience with turbo E46 M3s. I spoke from experience with dynos, graphs, seeing them in action and many more factors. My statement was one of worth because it is not about potential. These cars have done it already and unexpected issues prevented them from doing so. Read the graphs and go do some homework buddy. That graph would suggest that the car can definitely perform better than the 165mph mentioned. Don't argue shyt about stage 3 vtt shyt because it can't compete in this argument!!
      1. inter1032's Avatar
        inter1032 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        I wanna know how it works out with a 6MT car Click here to enlarge
        theres one in ny or nj isnt there?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
        theres one in ny or nj isnt there?
        Not that I know of.