Close

    • The world's most powerful E92 M3, BimmerBoost.com Gintani Stage 3.5+ supercharged E92 M3 hits 773 wheel horsepower - Dynograph and video

      The world horsepower record for the E9X M3 S65 V8 currently stands at 773 wheel horsepower and belongs to Gintani as well as BimmerBoost.com, just do not expect it to stand for very long. At Bimmerfest 2013 Gintani had the BimmerBoost.com project E92 M3 on display. They worked tirelessly to get the car ready for the event and took it to the dyno the night before. On MS109 race gas and 18.5 pounds of boost the car was able to hit 773 wheel horsepower with the completely stock DCT transmission slipping at 7250 rpm.

      Looking at the dyno graph below it is easy to see where the clutches begin to slip. At about 4750 rpm the clutch slips a bit then grabs as the pull continues up to 7250 rpm where it slips again and is unable to hold the power as the car is run to its 8500 rpm redline. Regardless, 7250 rpm was enough for a new world record on the S65 V8 platform and overall on the E9X BMW platform.

      Gintani will be rebuilding the cars DCT transmission and once that is complete the car will be back on the dyno for a clean run to redline and another world record. Looking at the graph, the car should conservatively be capable of ~830 wheel horsepower at 18.5 psi with MS109. What will it do on FTW Purple and 24 psi? We will eventually find out.

      Enjoy the picture and graph below. There is a video included of the car at Bimmerfest 2013. A huge crowd was gathered around it. For some reason the announcer at Bimmerfest never notified the crowd that the world's most powerful E92 M3 was in the house and that a new world record had been achieved on the platform. I waited for hours for the announcement which was hand written and delivered to the announcer but to no avail. Additionally, the car did not win a single award despite being the E92 M3 on display that had the most work done to it. Perhaps it needed some tacky neon green trim and red roundels? Definitely odd and awkward considering the years of engineering that have gone into it and that Gintani was a sponsor of the event. Perhaps if a competitor was not the headline sponsor Gintani and this car would have received the acknowledgement that was deserved and earned?

      Congratulations to Gintani on raising the bar to where nobody else on the platform is able to tread. This car is just getting warmed up.











      This article was originally published in forum thread: The world's most powerful E92 M3, BimmerBoost.com Gintani Stage 3.5+ supercharged E92 M3 hits 773 wheel horsepower - Dynograph and video started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 1330 Comments
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's the world record sorry it isn't proceeding at a pace you like. Not your car, not your money, not your time.

        Afford and build? Excuse me? Maybe I should sell my rims and get a C5.

        If you have a problem with the schedule call me tuner and tell them to go faster. You have no idea what you're talking about or what's involved. Name some other DCT's at this power level. Oh wait, there aren't any others...
        Pace I like is not even the issue, pace that makes sense is the issue. If time wasn't the issue you wouldn't have been on that video squealing like a lil girl "thats my car". Its taken way to long. You're not building a Ridler spec car its an M3. Powerwise sure it pulled a number but what good is the number if doesnt run, its a garage queen and has been so for quite some time. Thats not hating, thats not sarcasm, its simple a fact. The car doesnt run under its own power.

        You've had trans issue which I totally sympathize on, that sucked without question. However had this not taken the extraordinary amount of time i.e years, this could have been hashed out sooner. Its a joke to spend this amount of time and have no results. Money clearly doesnt buy you a finished car were that the case then.... You took the afford statement as a shot which it wasn't, I'm saying find another platform that you can afford. So whether its an R8 V10 or a S4 or 1M go get something and make some power. You could have built each of those and sold them for the next one in the last 3yrs rather than have this never ending project laying around.

        But if you must, then go ahead and sell some wheels its a good down payment to get into a built C5 Vette. At least then you'd be going fast Ricky Bobby style!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        If time wasn't the issue you wouldn't have been on that video squealing like a lil girl "thats my car".
        I was informing a crowd gathered around it that the vehicle on display was mine and joking around. I shouldn't be happy about my car? Um I'm a car enthusiast.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        Its taken way to long. You're not building a Ridler spec car its an M3. Powerwise sure it pulled a number but what good is the number if doesnt run, its a garage queen and has been so for quite some time. Thats not hating, thats not sarcasm, its simple a fact. The car doesnt run under its own power.
        It's not your time, what do you care? It's going to take how long it takes and you can keep track of the minutes and days if you want it doesn't change anything. Not even sure why you're bringing it up other than to be hating. Yep, that's a fact.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        You've had trans issue which I totally sympathize on, that sucked without question. However had this not taken the extraordinary amount of time i.e years, this could have been hashed out sooner. Its a joke to spend this amount of time and have no results. Money clearly doesnt buy you a finished car were that the case then.... You took the afford statement as a shot which it wasn't, I'm saying find another platform that you can afford. So whether its an R8 V10 or a S4 or 1M go get something and make some power. You could have built each of those and sold them for the next one in the last 3yrs rather than have this never ending project laying around.
        I already told you it's SSP's fault and I'll never use them for anything or recommend them to anyone. They wasted my time so I'm not sure why you're blaming me as if I sat around twiddling my thumbs.

        I'll move on to another platform when I'm ready to move on to another platform. It's my time, my car, and my money once again and I'll do whatever I please.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        But if you must, then go ahead and sell some wheels its a good down payment to get into a built C5 Vette. At least then you'd be going fast Ricky Bobby style!
        A C5 isn't my style.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        A C5 isn't my style.
        Neither is a running M3




        By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
        I didn't have the balls to say it, but this guy did.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Neither is a running M3

        By the time this is "complete", you're car isn't going to be anything special because the Gintani TT setup will be finished and pushing out a lot more power. So much for all the R&D and money you spent to have the "most powerful E9x M3" and not even get the chance to drive it before it got kicked off the throne.
        Good one!

        Umm my motor and trans will already be built to handle the turbos so not sure what you are babbling about. Awesome there will be a turbo option I'm glad they're working on it. They're is always something or someone else coming.

        Thanks for your negativity though. One thing my car and turbo m3's have in common though is they're both a hell of a lot more powerful than anything you have.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        One thing my car and turbo m3's have in common though is they're both a hell of a lot more powerful than anything you have.
        Just like your car, you can't fix an a$$hole. It's nice to see that when you can't come to terms with things, you resort to degrading other people and focusing on material goods that you can't even finance on your own.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Also, in the large scheme of things you're sub-800 WHP car isn't that powerful. There's always someone faster, and there's a LOT of people who are faster and have spent a hell of a lot less money then you on their builds (and ironically, their cars are more reliable then yours)
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Just like your car, you can't fix an a$$hole. It's nice to see that when you can't come to terms with things, you resort to degrading other people and focusing on material goods that you can't even finance on your own.
        I'm sorry, you're the one bringing negativity and insults to this thread. You're the one insulting myself and my build. You're the one being an $#@!.

        And last I checked I financed everything on my own but there you go again desperately reaching for baseless insults. If that's difficult for you to comprehend or deal with that's your problem but once again it does not change the fact it's a powerful car and only going to get stronger regardless of what you think.

        P.S. Alex and I had a good laugh on the phone today regarding your rumors about my graph being tuning related rather than hardware. I've got a video coming up just for you because I love proving haters wrong.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        Also, in the large scheme of things you're sub-800 WHP car isn't that powerful. There's always someone faster, and there's a LOT of people who are faster and have spent a hell of a lot less money then you on their builds (and ironically, their cars are more reliable then yours)
        In the BMW scheme of things it is powerful and that is the context in which it would be judged as last I checked you're on BimmerBoost.

        Yep, there are faster cars that cost less. You're point is what exactly? You are just further proving my point in my previous post.

        How is my car not reliable? It isn't even finished yet and maybe you should focus on how the transmission build will benefit everyone who wants built motor M3 applications. You can focus on that and positives or you can bring up things that don't apply at all like other cars and their $ for hp as if it is the least bit relevant or new information. Your call.
      1. VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        VargasTurboTech -
        Dude you guys are harsh. Sticky may not be liked by all, but he brought us a forum so we can talk about intelligent $#@!, he polices it very intelligently compared to the others I feel, and the guy has been waiting for his car to be done for 3 years, it finally runs and make a $#@! load of power with barely any time being tuned and you guys all want to bash the $#@! out of it. How can he control how long it takes a shop to complete something. Being a shop owner and a customer to other shops I see both sides, and when I am waiting on something and its taking the shop forever and people are waiting on me. Its a tough deal. But nothing I say will speed it up. Cut the dude and his car some slack, once the tranny is done and its tuned if he doesn't start racing some people after the Shiv wants to race me thread and all the race forum talk etc, then yes you will have something to say. But its too early to be going this hard.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Dude you guys are harsh. Sticky may not be liked by all, but he brought us a forum so we can talk about intelligent $#@!, he polices it very intelligently compared to the others I feel, and the guy has been waiting for his car to be done for 3 years, it finally runs and make a $#@! load of power with barely any time being tuned and you guys all want to bash the $#@! out of it. How can he control how long it takes a shop to complete something. Being a shop owner and a customer to other shops I see both sides, and when I am waiting on something and its taking the shop forever and people are waiting on me. Its a tough deal. But nothing I say will speed it up. Cut the dude and his car some slack, once the tranny is done and its tuned if he doesn't start racing some people after the Shiv wants to race me thread and all the race forum talk etc, then yes you will have something to say. But its too early to be going this hard.
        It's a big step but some people want to hate on me and the car and that's fine. It wouldn't be fun without those people. Whose face am I going to rub it in after the next dyno pull and after some timeslips? That's going to be fun.

        People don't understand how long some things take. The S65 platform evolves because people push it. We can all also benefit from the new DCT work which is quite interesting. The new M5/M6 benefited me somewhat but people should understand if BMW beefed up the tranny there was a reason. Also that it can be done.

        773 wheel horsepower is a $#@! load of power. The M3 makes 350 wheel stock. This is the most horsepower hit with an E9X and someone wants to rain on that parade? lol ok...

        It's a fun project, it's my time/money, and I'm building it to benefit the forum. There's something wrong with this?

        The vast majority are positive and supportive appreciating what goes into this. I'm used to this stuff from all kinds of people talking about me because they aren't doing anything of merit themselves. It breeds envy, jealousy, and contempt among some young men on forums with egos. Other people are mature enough to be happy for others as we're here to talk about cars.

        It's all good, we'll do runs and have fun. The car from what I hear is scaring some people Click here to enlarge

        P.S.

        As a shop owner, do you prefer a customer who understands the challenges of a big project unlike anything else that is complex and requires time to sort out or do you want someone demanding the impossible be done in an impossible amount of time and then chewing you out for not doing the impossible? People need to relax, it's my car and I'll do whatever I want with it.
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I was informing a crowd gathered around it that the vehicle on display was mine and joking around. I shouldn't be happy about my car? Um I'm a car enthusiast.



        It's not your time, what do you care? It's going to take how long it takes and you can keep track of the minutes and days if you want it doesn't change anything. Not even sure why you're bringing it up other than to be hating. Yep, that's a fact.



        I already told you it's SSP's fault and I'll never use them for anything or recommend them to anyone. They wasted my time so I'm not sure why you're blaming me as if I sat around twiddling my thumbs.

        I'll move on to another platform when I'm ready to move on to another platform. It's my time, my car, and my money once again and I'll do whatever I please.



        A C5 isn't my style.
        1. You were surprised the car was running and needed to validate that with the squealing. Excited as an enthusiast? Sure most would be, squealing like a lil girl? Not so much

        2. Why do I care? I wouldn't say care, I would say it sets a horrible example for the hobby and for the site. You went with a bigger blower than normal and 3yrs later it aint running. Thats just sub par and now the TT setup makes it look basic. To your point with @benzy89 You could throw TT's on the car but that would be more money and frankly after 3yrs of doing a blower upgrade a fail.

        3. Clearly stated that sucked on the trans parts... However you own a good chunk of that as well with the large gap in time from purchase to install/use and with poor communication. Takes nothing away from their failure at SSP, but tact matters and that didnt go well at all. So absolutely they failed but after such a large gap in time you needed to approach it differently.

        4. As Benzy stated so elegantly... Neither is a running M3

        You seem to miss the point of the hobby and your own build. The point is to enjoy the cars, when possible innovate and create new options and be humble. You dont seem to be doing any of that and you come off as being clearly frustrated by your own lack of progress & enjoyment. If and when this car is on the road with no issues, you will need to set records and smash every thing you run to come close to justifying the build. You're likely going to smash anything in the BMW world, I will give you that. But once you leave that world and meet the comparably built Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvette's, 911's, TT S4's, R8's, Gallardo's, GTR's and others. Its gonna be a rude awakening bro. This would have been an awesome project had it happened 3yrs ago and made some headlines. Now its an afterthought
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        I like boobies.
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        I like boobies.
        Click here to enlarge
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge
        Who can't get behind that post! I like to come into high tension threads and postbomb my boobie comments. Its always good for a few free reps.
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Wow, some how I missed this thread and just discovered it today.

        Sick power Sticky! Can't wait to see it with a fully functional DCT.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        1. You were surprised the car was running and needed to validate that with the squealing. Excited as an enthusiast? Sure most would be, squealing like a lil girl? Not so much
        Squeeling um ok more like saying hey that's my car. This is your big point of contention? LOL don't throw your back out reaching.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        2. Why do I care? I wouldn't say care, I would say it sets a horrible example for the hobby and for the site. You went with a bigger blower than normal and 3yrs later it aint running. Thats just sub par and now the TT setup makes it look basic. To your point with @benzy89 You could throw TT's on the car but that would be more money and frankly after 3yrs of doing a blower upgrade a fail.
        You act like there are others that are running. Where are they? Ever heard of a guy named Pencilgeek? Where is his car? But oh, it's a horrible example for the hobby and the site that someone pushes the platform and breaks records in the process? Oh silly me.

        And it isn't just a blower upgrade you're talking about. You clearly don't even understand the project but here we go around and around again. Why don't you just pick up a phone and call them to find out since you have no clue what you're saying? Three years for a blower upgrade? Oh so that's all that needs to be done fit in a YSI and call it a day.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        3. Clearly stated that sucked on the trans parts... However you own a good chunk of that as well with the large gap in time from purchase to install/use and with poor communication. Takes nothing away from their failure at SSP, but tact matters and that didnt go well at all. So absolutely they failed but after such a large gap in time you needed to approach it differently.
        Let me get this straight, you're saying SSP failing to deliver is my fault somehow? Because what, I didn't fly to South Dakota? Guy says he needs the trans, shipped to him that same week. Says he needs the car now to finish months later, ok, he gets the entire car. I did everything required of me and then some. Was I supposed to do his work for him too?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
        You seem to miss the point of the hobby and your own build. The point is to enjoy the cars, when possible innovate and create new options and be humble. You dont seem to be doing any of that and you come off as being clearly frustrated by your own lack of progress & enjoyment. If and when this car is on the road with no issues, you will need to set records and smash every thing you run to come close to justifying the build. You're likely going to smash anything in the BMW world, I will give you that. But once you leave that world and meet the comparably built Mustangs, Camaro's, Corvette's, 911's, TT S4's, R8's, Gallardo's, GTR's and others. Its gonna be a rude awakening bro. This would have been an awesome project had it happened 3yrs ago and made some headlines. Now its an afterthought
        If it's to enjoy the cars then maybe you should let me enjoy mine? Maybe you should stop reaching for negativity everywhere you can and incorrectly doing so at that? I don't care what you think about how long it has taken. Once again, it's my car, not yours. It's my money, it's my time, and I can do whatever I want with it.

        I don't care about Mustang's, Corvettes, or other cheap American crap. This is a BMW on a BMW site being built. So either appreciate what goes into it or go somewhere else. I don't need you constantly telling me the same thing over and over pointlessly as if you're going to change anything, you won't. You have contributed nothing to the thread.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
        Wow, some how I missed this thread and just discovered it today.

        Sick power Sticky! Can't wait to see it with a fully functional DCT.
        Much appreciated thank you. And the car is being driven so people don't even understand what is going on.
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
        Who can't get behind that post! I like to come into high tension threads and postbomb my boobie comments. Its always good for a few free reps.
        I hit ya with one bro... LOL
      1. Sledgehammer's Avatar
        Sledgehammer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Squeeling um ok more like saying hey that's my car. This is your big point of contention? LOL don't throw your back out reaching.



        You act like there are others that are running. Where are they? Ever heard of a guy named Pencilgeek? Where is his car? But oh, it's a horrible example for the hobby and the site that someone pushes the platform and breaks records in the process? Oh silly me.

        And it isn't just a blower upgrade you're talking about. You clearly don't even understand the project but here we go around and around again. Why don't you just pick up a phone and call them to find out since you have no clue what you're saying? Three years for a blower upgrade? Oh so that's all that needs to be done fit in a YSI and call it a day.



        Let me get this straight, you're saying SSP failing to deliver is my fault somehow? Because what, I didn't fly to South Dakota? Guy says he needs the trans, shipped to him that same week. Says he needs the car now to finish months later, ok, he gets the entire car. I did everything required of me and then some. Was I supposed to do his work for him too?



        If it's to enjoy the cars then maybe you should let me enjoy mine? Maybe you should stop reaching for negativity everywhere you can and incorrectly doing so at that? I don't care what you think about how long it has taken. Once again, it's my car, not yours. It's my money, it's my time, and I can do whatever I want with it.

        I don't care about Mustang's, Corvettes, or other cheap American crap. This is a BMW on a BMW site being built. So either appreciate what goes into it or go somewhere else I don't need you constantly telling me the same thing over and over pointlessly as if you're going to change anything, you won't. You have contributed nothing to the thread.
        1. No reaching needed you sounded like a lil girl... Its just better to embrace it at this point dude.

        2. A non running car is setting no example nor is your standard MO in how you address things. That being said explain the unique innovation beyond the blower upgrade for you car? I can always be wrong I'm OK with that. However last I checked this was all about the YSi blower and being the "only" or "first" car.

        3. Yes you own a chunk of this and a mature person would see that. You were more than entitled to be upset and to complain to them. You aired the dude out on your site and what did it ultimately get you. You get more bee's with honey. Beyond that had you bought upgrade parts or in the case a trans and come back a year plus later saying it was wrong. Most shops would have sent you on your way... You could have gotten better results behind the scenes working with them versus airing them out. You didnt care how you looked and were bent on crapping on SSP. It was in poor taste period. It doesnt in any way detract from a bad product or build issue on their end. They do not get a pass and I have never said they should. However you own how you handled it

        4. I sited more than a few cars from America to Germany to Japan in my post you singled out the so called "cheap American" cars. Meanwhile you then say you want American Boost or whatever you plan to do for the US powerhouses. Why cater to a community that you clearly have a disdain for, seems hypocritical to me but not my issue either way. In any case the BMW on the BMW site doesnt run, put down a dyno queen number and then disappeared into the darkness. The issue isnt having something constructive to say on my end, its having something constructive to show on your end. If and its a big IF, if the thing runs and stays together it will be fast for an M3. I'd love to see a built motor TT M3 vs your car, thats likely to get ugly an fast.


        As I said already its about enjoying the cars, certainly hurdles will come with any build thats a fact. But again how you handle those things and portray them is important. You represent poorly by lashing out at people who differ in opinion and/or are critical of you or your car. I'd be more impressed if the car ran and drove without issue versus sitting for YEARS.