Weistec improves the performance of the factory intercooler by separating it from the engine cooling system. The M157 cooling kit includes a dedicated performance heat exchanger, trunk mounted ice tank reservoir, and all the necessary fittings and lines.
Essentially, this leaves the factory system now dedicated to just cooling the engine rather than the engine and intercooler. Also, the factory factory heat exchanger is positioned between the radiator and AC condenser meaning heat radiating from those elements will affect it. The Weistec unit is mounted where it can get cool air from the grille above the bumper beam.
Another great performance product from Weistec Engineering for your AMG, get it here for $1999.99: http://www.weistec.com/m157cooling.html
- Separates Intercooler from Engine Coolant
- High Performance Heat Exchanger
- Optimal Heat Exchanger Placement
- Weistec Trunk Ice Tank for Greatly Increased System Capacity
- All Hardware, Lines, and Fittings Included