Close

  • APR releases 2.0T FSI (EA113) Stage3+ Performance Cylinder Head - Huge gains, over 100 horsepower on race gas

    This is some incredible impressive work by APR and the numbers are almost hard to believe. Introducing APR's 2.0T FSI Performance Cylinder Head. What kind of gains does this head provide? Well, on the Stage 3 kits on just 93 octane the head provides over 70 horsepower. On 100+ octane this rises to over 120 horsepower. The CFM (cubic feet per minute) intake and exhaust air flow gains are simply huge especially on the intake portion.


    When seeing the air flow numbers it is not hard to believe why on race gas with the Stage III+ GTX2867R turbo gains are +123 horsepower at 5250 rpm. Clearly APR did their homework on this head and the results speak for themselves:


    Dyno numbers are provided at the wheels (very nicely APR) for the various fuel and Stage 3 turbo options. With race gas and the GTX turbo a peak of 483 wheel horsepower was achieved which is 81 more horsepower at the wheels than with the stock head:


    This type of result reminds us why APR basically sets the standard namely in the VW scene. Pricing is set at $1,999. Photos and video below, job well done yet again APR.











    This article was originally published in forum thread: APR 2.0T Performance Cylinder Head started by Adrenacide View original post
    Comments 13 Comments
    1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
      chrisisnapping -
      you know, considering the gains for this, and the fact that it's from APR. That's actually not a bad price at all.

      (Sticky, ever look into getting them to vend over here? i know Arin@APR, one of their main forum faces was banned from golfmk6, bringing them over here could bring quite a few more visits/activity to the vw/audiboost sites.)
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
      you know, considering the gains for this, and the fact that it's from APR. That's actually not a bad price at all.
      I'd pay this in a hearbeat. I'm in awe of the gains.

      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
      (Sticky, ever look into getting them to vend over here? i know Arin@APR, one of their main forum faces was banned from golfmk6, bringing them over here could bring quite a few more visits/activity to the vw/audiboost sites.)
      Yes, Arin recently joined and we have been e-mailing back and forth. Maybe you could do me a favor and send him one saying you would like to see him here: aahnell@goapr.com

      Why anyone would ban someone from APR is beyond me. You WANT to have them, not alienate them. I mean look at the stuff they do...
    1. chrisisnapping's Avatar
      chrisisnapping -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      I'd pay this in a hearbeat. I'm in awe of the gains.



      Yes, Arin recently joined and we have been e-mailing back and forth. Maybe you could do me a favor and send him one saying you would like to see him here: aahnell@goapr.com

      Why anyone would ban someone from APR is beyond me. You WANT to have them, not alienate them. I mean look at the stuff they do...
      Arin is a little outspoken at times, and when you have 3 of the 4 big TSI tuners all vending, people go in and out of each other's threads, and golfmk6 has been a bit Gestapo with their moderating. They would thrive here though. He has a lot of great information to provide.

      I reached out to another APR tech on the forums who isn't banned to let him know what's up. I know some of the bigger builds guys have also started to visit gmk6 a lot less, and well many just don't like going to vortex because it's all about low and slow mostly. So this would be a good outlet for people wanting to push the platform further.

      ...i also really just want to see what an APR Stage 3+ car could do at an airstrip, and them working with you guys could help get them out to Cali.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
      Arin is a little outspoken at times, and when you have 3 of the 4 big TSI tuners all vending, people go in and out of each other's threads, and golfmk6 has been a bit Gestapo with their moderating. They would thrive here though. He has a lot of great information to provide.
      This is the place to be if you want to talk and back it up. Nobody is going to over-moderate anything.

      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
      ...i also really just want to see what an APR Stage 3+ car could do at an airstrip, and them working with you guys could help get them out to Cali.
      Absolutely. Send him that e-mail Click here to enlarge
    1. 1Zed4's Avatar
      1Zed4 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
      Arin is a little outspoken at times, and when you have 3 of the 4 big TSI tuners all vending, people go in and out of each other's threads, and golfmk6 has been a bit Gestapo with their moderating. They would thrive here though. He has a lot of great information to provide.

      I reached out to another APR tech on the forums who isn't banned to let him know what's up. I know some of the bigger builds guys have also started to visit gmk6 a lot less, and well many just don't like going to vortex because it's all about low and slow mostly. So this would be a good outlet for people wanting to push the platform further.

      ...i also really just want to see what an APR Stage 3+ car could do at an airstrip, and them working with you guys could help get them out to Cali.
      Have you seen this?


      I have their original R&D car for the stage IV 6spd same kit as in the video, had 380 whp on 93 on a T25 gt2871r but I recently upgraded to a T3 GTX3076r and changed to .Dotuning for the tune. Arin and Doug from APR were great when I had any questions, very friendly too. When I changed tuners though, I never heard back from Doug, understandable. Still have much respect for those guys and what they do!

      Also Im registered in a standing Mile event in July, look for that thread around that time.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
      Have you seen this?
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj_AKE1hvrk

      I have their original R&D car for the stage IV 6spd same kit as in the video, had 380 whp on 93 on a T25 gt2871r but I recently upgraded to a T3 GTX3076r and changed to .Dotuning for the tune. Arin and Doug from APR were great when I had any questions, very friendly too. When I changed tuners though, I never heard back from Doug, understandable. Still have much respect for those guys and what they do!

      Also Im registered in a standing Mile event in July, look for that thread around that time.
      Very nice.

      What are you putting down now?
    1. 1Zed4's Avatar
      1Zed4 -
      Im at around 450 whp with a lot of more room to play. I cant do any logging b/c the cable I need is $350, gettin out of the Army soon so big one time purchases like that are limited. But when I do, I should see around 500 and when my Meth kit is hooked up Ill definitely see that if not more.
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
      Im at around 450 whp with a lot of more room to play. I cant do any logging b/c the cable I need is $350, gettin out of the Army soon so big one time purchases like that are limited. But when I do, I should see around 500 and when my Meth kit is hooked up Ill definitely see that if not more.
      Thanks for your service.
    1. 1Zed4's Avatar
      1Zed4 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
      Thanks for your service.
      Thank you!
    1. Audi-fahrer's Avatar
      Audi-fahrer -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1Zed4 Click here to enlarge
      Have you seen this?


      I have their original R&D car for the stage IV 6spd same kit as in the video, had 380 whp on 93 on a T25 gt2871r but I recently upgraded to a T3 GTX3076r and changed to .Dotuning for the tune. Arin and Doug from APR were great when I had any questions, very friendly too. When I changed tuners though, I never heard back from Doug, understandable. Still have much respect for those guys and what they do!

      Also Im registered in a standing Mile event in July, look for that thread around that time.
      Awesome video ! thank you
      Very fast for 450 HP Click here to enlarge
    1. 1Zed4's Avatar
      1Zed4 -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Audi-fahrer Click here to enlarge
      Awesome video ! thank you
      Very fast for 450 HP Click here to enlarge
      That was when it was at 380whp with a gt2871r, it now has a gtx3076r with 450whp
    1. Audi-fahrer's Avatar
      Audi-fahrer -
      Ahhh OKClick here to enlarge

      I have a gt2871 in my 1.8 Audi TT , but its a little bit slowerClick here to enlarge
    1. Sticky's Avatar
      Sticky -
      Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Audi-fahrer Click here to enlarge
      I have a gt2871 in my 1.8 Audi TT , but its a little bit slower
      Details? Make a thread? @Audi-fahrer