• Maximum PSI E46 M3 stock DME turbo kit already hits 10's in the 1/4 mile, 10.8@131 - Slow for Stage II with claimed 697 wheel horsepower?

      In case you needed any more convincing regarding if the Maximum PSI turbo kit for the E46 M3 is the real deal this should alleviate any and all doubts. How does a 10.868@131.08 with a 1.71 60 foot sound? That's exactly what the Stage 2 Maximum PSI E46 M3 S54 turbo kit was able to achieve just a few days ago at the ATCO drag strip. 10's are very impressive especially on the E46 M3 platform that has a weak rear end and is tough to launch but the kit was shown putting down 697 wheel horsepower in Stage II trim as it is said to be running at the track.


      With 697 wheel horsepower BimmerBoost expects a much faster trap than 131 miles per hour and a quicker ET than 10.8. E92 M3's with superchargers run these same times with over 100 wheel less horsepower and much less torque so why isn't this quicker/faster?

      Obviously this is just the beginning and congratulations to Max PSI for already getting into the 10's but this is not indicative of 697 wheel horsepower or a Stage II that car was trailered in to the track. We're guessing power was turned down to preserve the driveline but there are no supplemental details indicating so.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Max Psi Stage 2 E46 M3 Turbo Kit Hits 10's !!! started by SleepersOwn View original post
      Comments 50 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
        Hi guys, just figured i'd clear up some confusion. We tuned the car on our superflow chassis dyno. It has tons of hard miles on the current setup. We made 670whp sae on our dyno and 697 sae on a dynojet with zero knock activity. On the track the other night we did have some knock activity and it eas running reduced timing hence the lower than anticipated trap speed. We only had one track day with the new setup to test everything out, and we just ran it as is without being able to change anything at the track. I figured people would like to see these runs. You will see some even more impressive runs shortly. All of those runs were 1-4th gear. My tire size and current gearing is quite nice at the moment.

        We are still optimizing the stage 2 setup but I promise it will be worth the wait for both the MS109 and the flex fuel calibrations! We are just getting started with this party.

        -Mike
        Thanks, looking forward to seeing the updates.
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
        ]it will be worth the wait for both the MS109 and the flex fuel calibrations! We are just getting started with this party.
        THIS is what I'm most excited to see... Everything looks like it's running great and the install has been very clean. Love the way you integrated the Race Gas map switching/fail safe into the car
      1. Danny///M's Avatar
        Danny///M -
        nice work guys, cant wait for the fine tuning! Hopefully we can see mid to low 10s in the near future on a stock block! Also with a built motor on stage 3 with a 6766 i think 9s are very possible!!

        - Dan
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
        On the track the other night we did have some knock activity and it eas running reduced timing hence the lower than anticipated trap speed. We only had one track day with the new setup to test everything out, and we just ran it as is without being able to change anything at the track. I figured people would like to see these runs. You will see some even more impressive runs shortly.

        We are still optimizing the stage 2 setup but I promise it will be worth the wait for both the MS109 and the flex fuel calibrations! We are just getting started with this party.

        -Mike
        I figured as much. Thanks for the clarification.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        If you are still fine tuning say "beta" or "testing." The video just implies a working Stage II.

        I mean I have no doubt they will improve but I'm not wowed with this time or trap considering the Stage II dyno they released.
        I understand what you mean about leaving out the specifics. Like I said, I agree they should have stated these points to nullify any concerns but, he did say they were still testing when asked about the trap discrepancy. It was a mistake to forget to post it but, a rather minor one. It may have been easier to rectify it by just letting it be known on the forums instead of having to re-edit the vid and repost it to YT. It's not like they'd gain any points purposefully leaving that info out.

        As for being wowed...

        I don't recall seeing other turbo E46 M3's consistently breaking 10's left and right on a full interior, stock block turbo kit with minor fuel mods and unleaded race fuel running the stock DME. The fact of it accomplishing that while not being at full power is kinda cool because it's only going to get faster and quicker. That's rather noteworthy IMO. Sure some cars were capable ( power wise ) but, being capable and producing results are different things. One person is saying " Well, I COULD do that " while Mike is saying " I just did ". Meh, I guess to each their own.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        I don't recall seeing other turbo E46 M3's consistently breaking 10's left and right on a full interior, stock block turbo kit with minor fuel mods and unleaded race fuel running the stock DME.
        No and that is why it is great to see. I just expect much more due to the graph for Stage II.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        That's rather noteworthy IMO.
        Isn't that why it's on the front page?
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No and that is why it is great to see. I just expect much more due to the graph for Stage II.

        I think everyone ( including Mike ) expects more due to the graph of S2. I just don't understand why you're still saying you expect more because of the graph when it's already been posted twice this is not a run with full power of stage 2.



        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Isn't that why it's on the front page?
        I would hope so. Although, I was simply explaining why I disagree with it not being " wow worthy ".
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        I think everyone ( including Mike ) expects more due to the graph of S2. I just don't understand why you're still saying you expect more because of the graph when it's already been posted twice this is not a run with full power of stage 2.
        I don't understand why you are so sensitive and why based on what Maximum PSI has released themselves I should not be expecting more? I expect a 1/4 mile to correlate with the graph that was posted. We all applauded the 697 wheel graph but clearly there is far more work to do here and that's perfectly fine and it's perfectly fine to point this out.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        I would hope so. Although, I was simply explaining why I disagree with it not being " wow worthy ".
        I think the article explains things quite well.
      1. 01E46m3's Avatar
        01E46m3 -
        I thank Maximum Psi for going thru the project and breaking the code to turbo an E46 M3 as others tunners just didnt jump on it...WHY?.. its hard to turbo these cars specially being able to break into the 500-600hp's on stock DME, smog legal, and having every factory component/sensors ect.. working. I THINK IT'S PRETTY IMPRESSIVE if you really know what's going on, and now that there's no more competition, I really do think Maximum Psi is the next big turbo guy. I just hope their prices will be more flexible and therefore, they will be selling more kits/units at a cheaper price than having tons of kits/units sitting on the shelf at a high price Click here to enlarge
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't understand why you are so sensitive and why based on what Maximum PSI has released themselves I should not be expecting more? I expect a 1/4 mile to correlate with the graph that was posted. We all applauded the 697 wheel graph but clearly there is far more work to do here and that's perfectly fine and it's perfectly fine to point this out. .
        LOL sensitive ? It's confusion to your actions, not sensitivity. Which is why I said " I don't understand why ... ". You've repeatedly stated you expected a higher trap because of it's dyno. There's nothing wrong with that however, it's already been explained it wasn't running that power. So why are you STILL saying it ? It looks like you're acknowledging the car wasn't at full power yet simultaneously expecting it to run the times of it being full power. That's the point of my confusion and inquisition. If my questions about your comments rub you the wrong way, perhaps you are the sensitive one my friend.


        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think the article explains things quite well.
        Indeed it does. Hopefully those that read the comments will realize the car wasn't at full power and refrain from later saying " man I expected more " as if it was running full tilt.
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 01E46m3 Click here to enlarge
        I just hope their prices will be more flexible and therefore, they will be selling more kits/units at a cheaper price than having tons of kits/units sitting on the shelf at a high price Click here to enlarge
        They stated the price will actually go up some because of Precision raising their prices. Even if it reaches HPF stage 1 sale price, I still think it's a great deal considering what you're getting.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        You've repeatedly stated you expected a higher trap because of it's dyno. There's nothing wrong with that however, it's already been explained it wasn't running that power. So why are you STILL saying it ?
        Because it's still valid and you're still posting about it? What am I supposed to stop saying something that is the topic of the thread?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        It looks like you're acknowledging the car wasn't at full power yet simultaneously expecting it to run the times of it being full power. That's the point of my confusion and inquisition. If my questions about your comments rub you the wrong way, perhaps you are the sensitive one my friend.
        Yes, I expect the car to match the dynos being put out. Are we using dynos just for advertising or what then? I expect the real world performance to corroborate and it seems Max PSI will be working on that.

        It would be helpful for them to include details in their videos such as timing being pulled, the specs, that it is still being tested, etc., to prevent any confusion. That's on them.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        Hopefully those that read the comments will realize the car wasn't at full power and refrain from later saying " man I expected more " as if it was running full tilt.
        Once again this could have been prevented.
      1. SleepersOwn's Avatar
        SleepersOwn -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Because it's still valid and you're still posting about it? What am I supposed to stop saying something that is the topic of the thread?



        Yes, I expect the car to match the dynos being put out. Are we using dynos just for advertising or what then? I expect the real world performance to corroborate and it seems Max PSI will be working on that.

        It would be helpful for them to include details in their videos such as timing being pulled, the specs, that it is still being tested, etc., to prevent any confusion. That's on them.



        Once again this could have been prevented.
        LMAO...man, you are funny. You either like to repeat yourself ( even when it's a pointless repetition at the time ), like to argue, like to have the last word or something else I can't pinpoint. Either way, it's clear any further time spent on this will not be productive in the least so, i'm done lol.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SleepersOwn Click here to enlarge
        LMAO...man, you are funny. You either like to repeat yourself ( even when it's a pointless repetition at the time ), like to argue, like to have the last word or something else I can't pinpoint. Either way, it's clear any further time spent on this will not be productive in the least so, i'm done lol.
        Okie dokie.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
        Hi guys, just figured i'd clear up some confusion. We tuned the car on our superflow chassis dyno. It has tons of hard miles on the current setup. We made 670whp sae on our dyno and 697 sae on a dynojet with zero knock activity. On the track the other night we did have some knock activity and it eas running reduced timing hence the lower than anticipated trap speed. We only had one track day with the new setup to test everything out, and we just ran it as is without being able to change anything at the track. I figured people would like to see these runs. You will see some even more impressive runs shortly. All of those runs were 1-4th gear. My tire size and current gearing is quite nice at the moment.

        We are still optimizing the stage 2 setup but I promise it will be worth the wait for both the MS109 and the flex fuel calibrations! We are just getting started with this party.

        -Mike
        My bad, saw you shift into 5th but that was right after you passed through the trap. What tires are you on? Great 60' btw. What was your 1/8th speed?

        Best of luck out there!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        We need the whole slip.
      1. maximumpsi's Avatar
        maximumpsi -
        We have the slips posted on BF. I can't post a link here.
      1. rt turbo's Avatar
        rt turbo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        550 whp or so should...

        Less than that goes 131 in a Z06.

        A Golf just went 10.9@129 with 550 whp so...
        Uhh, apples to oranges Sticky. A Golf weighs well under 3000 lbs. A z06 is lighter than the E46 and has a super wide power band with much more torque.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        550 whp or so should...

        Less than that goes 131 in a Z06.

        A Golf just went 10.9@129 with 550 whp so...
        i claimed about 580 in a 3300lb car, so accept your negotiation of about 550
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
        Uhh, apples to oranges Sticky. A Golf weighs well under 3000 lbs. A z06 is lighter than the E46 and has a super wide power band with much more torque.
        Does not weigh under 3000 pounds and it was a Jetta not Golf my mistake. But don't sit here and tell me a 3400 pound E46 M3 with 700 whp is only trapping 130, come on now.

        A Jetta with a 2.0 motor and front wheel drive and 550 whp is turning the same traps? 550 whp 3550 pound E92 M3's with far less toqrue are turning the same traps?

        It's no big deal, it's a work in progress. Just pointing out the difference between the graphs and the real world numbers. It will get there. The next set of runs will be much stronger but let's not say a 700 whp E46 M3 = 131 in the 1/4 mile because it doesn't.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maximumpsi Click here to enlarge
        We have the slips posted on BF. I can't post a link here.
        Thank you, someone will link them.