- No Fly Zone - is an Omega Motorsport Event operated by Tony Lopez (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). All inquiries regarding participation are to be sent to his e-mail. GermanBoost of course will assist with any questions. Tony lives in Bakersfield, California and this is an event with many participants knowing one another and just a group of automotive enthusiasts. No pretentious nonsense, this is an event for car guys. Spectators are not allowed. Participants, sponsors, and pit crews only.
Total run distance of the runway to be used for acceleration is 1/2 mile. Plenty of run off room for deceleration.
Pictures of some of the hardware attending as well as the quality of the airstrip tarmac are below. You will be happy to know the quality of this tarmac is MUCH higher than that which was seen at a recent airstrip event in California which was in poor condition with an incredible amount of dust making for potentially dangerous conditions for high powered cars as seen here: http://www.germanboost.com/content.p...-on-the-runway
As previously mentioned, the cost is $200 per vehicle and there are 100 spots. Spots are filling up fast and here is some of the hardware already registered to attend:
BimmerBoost.com will also be providing T-Shirts for the staff and shirts will be available to purchase for those in attendance. One of these two designs will be chosen:
Here are the further details on the event. Do not hesitate to post, e-mail, or PM with any questions:
201 Aviation Street Shafter, California
$200 per vehicle
- Sign ups will handled exclusively through this email address. Payment will be handled either in person via cash, check or money order, or, as in most instances, via PayPal.
PayPal payments will submitted to this same email address. Please be aware that there are TWO (2) different ways that PayPal lets you submit a payment. Either a PURCHASE, or as a GIFT. If submitting payment as a PURCHASE, please include $10 to cover the PayPal fees. A GIFT submission does not require any fees.
- When submitting payment, please list YEAR, MAKE, MODEL and estimated CRANK HORSEPOWER, and a 3-digit CAR I.D number in the free text box of the PayPal submission.
-The CAR I.D. number will be used as the identifying tag for your vehicle during registration and the event. .
- A spot is not reserved or issued until payment is submitted. Once payment is submitted and cleared, the event forms will be emailed to you. Please print and fill these forms out and bring them with you to the event. Included are a Self-Tech form, and a participant Waiver of Liability form.
- Each registered participant is allowed THREE (3) "pit crew members" to accompany them. The fee for these "pit crew members" will be $10 each. Each one will also have to print and fill out these forms, and bring them with them. Crew is asked to arrive along with the registered participant, even if in a seperate car or tow vehicle. This will help expedite the check in process, and ensure that only those that are expected to attend are there. This event is not open to the public, and we can not accommodate everyone that will want to come to watch. These not directly involved or accounted for in the above mentioned criteria, will NOT be allowed access to the event.
- A couple days before the event, a final reminder email will be sent out that will include final instructions, general rules and a running count of the cars attending.
As always, feel free to ask any and all questions you may have.
Omega Motorsport Events