Close

    • World's fastest Mercedes-Benz (Weistec supercharged built motor supercharged CLK63 Black Series) versus Gintani supercharged DCT M3

      This is a race... of sorts. It shows the difference between a fast car and a really fast car. The Gintani supercharged DCT M3 is a quick car by any stretch of the imagination capable of turning ~130 mile per hour 1/4 mile trap speeds and providing 600 horsepower to the wheels. Definitely fast. But the Mercedes it runs against here happens to hold the record for the World's Fastest Mercedes-Benz with a trap speed of 144 miles per hour. In other words, a mismatch.


      The W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series belongs to BenzBoost member @ecampbell . In race trim it puts out 837 horsepower to the wheels thanks to its 3.0 liter blower and built internals. Very strong, very fast.

      In the video it is said to not be running full power but it is on race gas so make your guess as to the output. Regardless, the potential disparity is about 240 wheel horsepower (although likely more due to the M3 being on 91 octane and no meth) and around 14+ miles per hour of trap speed. It shows in the video. For a more interesting race it will take a built motor and bigger blower M3. BimmerBoost happens to know of one.

      Enjoy the video.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: World's fastest Benz (Weistec supercharged built motor CLK63 Black Series) versus Gintani supercharged DCT M3 started by ecampbell View original post
      Comments 129 Comments
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Or perhaps you were talking about George's car?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This is a race... of sorts. It shows the difference between a fast car and a really fast car. The Gintani supercharged DCT M3 is a quick car by any stretch of the imagination capable of turning ~130 mile per hour 1/4 mile trap speeds and providing 600 horsepower to the wheels. Definitely fast. But the Mercedes it runs against here happens to hold the record for the World's Fastest Mercedes-Benz with a trap speed of 144 miles per hour. In other words, a mismatch.


        The W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series belongs to BenzBoost member @ecampbell . In race trim it puts out 837 horsepower to the wheels thanks to its 3.0 liter blower and built internals. Very strong, very fast.

        In the video it is said to not be running full power but it is on race gas so make your guess as to the output. Regardless, the potential disparity is about 240 wheel horsepower (although likely more due to the M3 being on 91 octane and no meth) and around 14+ miles per hour of trap speed. It shows in the video. For a more interesting race it will take a built motor and bigger blower M3. BimmerBoost happens to know of one.

        Enjoy the video.
        Joe, for the record the car was on pump gas that night as we were out of race gas. If you have any doubts, Steve still has the receipt for the fill up as he charged me!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        What does a c63 have to do with my clk?
        He made a mistake but was trying to give you props.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joe, for the record the car was on pump gas that night as we were out of race gas. If you have any doubts, Steve still has the receipt for the fill up as he charged me!!
        Sorry, I thought you said your car only runs race gas earlier. My mistake.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        it was a mixture....we have 165 gallons of race gas now so are good for a couple of weeks.....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        it was a mixture....we have 165 gallons of race gas now so are good for a couple of weeks.....
        Gotcha.
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        campbell man, you need to edit this thread up a little as it makes me sound like a jack ass bro. no offense but you werent there that night and to start off the thread with me "challenging" your car makes me sound like quite a cocky prick. i was asked to put this video together and me being the good sport i am said sure, why not. then its posted in this manner? geeeze, classyy.... never did i want to race your car or call it out haha. i knew it was pointless. i came to race the E55 and when i beat that car, not once did i talk smack or act like my car was the $#@!. not once did they mention the car was having any issues (we raced like 7 times) and when i post a video (after asking for all the videos that weistec took, they had 3 go pro's and recieiving no footage) all of the sudden the car was having an issue? and if it was, thats fine, it was all in good fun and im sure we'll do it again. im not making any exscuses on how you beat me but when you make it sound like you put me in my place i mean come on dude, an off the shelf bolt on kit vs a custom race car? lets be serious bro. and for the record, your car was on race gas, it was the E55 steve's partner took to get gas lol i appreciate you saying i was a good sport about it but when people get on here and make stupid ass comments and talk about gintani and there kit, i would appreciate it if youd set them straight. let this be an open invite to any and all ESS and VF car's, come out and play!!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wagdaddy Click here to enlarge
        let this be an open invite to any and all ESS and VF car's, come out and play
        You know they won't....
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        very true, such a shame too. i ran a VF 620 kit and the dude was cool as hell. because he asked me not to say anything ill respect his wishes but im hoping we can get together again soon. i wouldnt be surprised if one ess car comes out though, ecampbell knows what im talking about lol. if i race him though ill probably have the same out come as when i "challenged" the clk lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wagdaddy Click here to enlarge
        VF 620 kit and the dude was cool as hell. because he asked me not to say anything ill respect his wishes but im hoping we can get together again soon
        WTF no video? Respect his wishes? This isn't a damn deceased relative.

        Oh well, hopefully we get a VF and Gintani run one day. Nobody wants to run, it's lame.
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        oh theres a vid lol
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wagdaddy Click here to enlarge
        oh theres a vid lol
        Give me.
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        well you actually cant see his car, cause hes the one filiming. i feel bad lol. and whats worse is he was running a mix of race gas and pump and i was on straight 91
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wagdaddy Click here to enlarge
        well you actually cant see his car, cause hes the one filiming. i feel bad lol. and whats worse is he was running a mix of race gas and pump and i was on straight 91
        Why feel bad? It's a race, what happened is what happened. This isn't life or death.
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        just cause man, idk. tell you what, pm me your email and ill put you in contact with the dude who has the video. the footage is brutal from what i remeber as well.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wagdaddy Click here to enlarge
        just cause man, idk. tell you what, pm me your email and ill put you in contact with the dude who has the video. the footage is brutal from what i remeber as well.
        I doubt he will want it seen then. PM'd.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Wag, sorry buddy but I can't edit a thread as I didn't start it. Some people here have obviously jumped on the band wagon putting you down which is wrong of them.

        I said before you were class act for posting the vid on youtube even though you lost.

        I will be out racing in CA the first half of Feb. If we meet up at some point I will buy you a beer.
      1. r1racer703's Avatar
        r1racer703 -
        @Wagdaddy - What is going on Mark Click here to enlarge I would love to run you again. Yes I did lose because my car went into limp mode and it would lose power plus I had another 200+ passenger in my car. Lets get together soon. I got beat about 1-2 car lengths in limp mode.
      1. TZ04XJR's Avatar
        TZ04XJR -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by r1racer703 Click here to enlarge
        @Wagdaddy - What is going on Mark Click here to enlarge I would love to run you again. Yes I did lose because my car went into limp mode and it would lose power plus I had another 200+ passenger in my car. Lets get together soon. I got beat about 1-2 car lengths in limp mode.
        +Repped for the Callout.. Get quality vids for us Click here to enlarge
      1. Wagdaddy's Avatar
        Wagdaddy -
        sounds good Ecampbell, just wish some people would be chill and use a little common sense lol and R1, hell yeah man, lets get together whenever. win lose or draw, i dont care hahaha. i really like my car and enjoy driving the balls off it!