Close

    • M-car chronology - Quick and neat two page picture data panel of every BMW M car ever made

      Here is a nice and neat overview by Autocar of every BMW M car ever made. From the very first M car, the M1 in 1979, to the newest F10 M5 and upcoming next generation M3. The data panels give a picture of the car, the year it was introduced, horsepower, and a quick little synopsis. Very handy as a quick M reference guide and also cool to see the evolution of the cars over M's history. Autocar even manages to correctly identify the 1M as a parts bin M car.

      Data panel below, enjoy.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: M-car chronology - Quick and neat two page picture data panel of every BMW M car ever made started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. BoostAddict's Avatar
        BoostAddict -
        That's a cool little chart
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
        That's a cool little chart
        Indeed it is.
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        I like it. Short and sweet. Stuff we already know, but still good to see to remind us of why we love BMW.
      1. G0TB00ST?'s Avatar
        G0TB00ST? -
        Really cool. Let's see the next gen M cars break into the 3's
      1. KB's Avatar
        KB -
        What is your hatred towards the 1M? Lol.....We all know it's a parts bin car, no one denies that, but what does that matter when the car as a whole is the best M car put out in years...multiple reviews state this including Chris Harris who I believe ownes an e90 M3. Why don't you quote the rest of the description on the 1M calling it the hero of the modern day m cars....(yes, this includes your beloved, bloated M3) their words))....LOL....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
        What is your hatred towards the 1M? Lol.....We all know it's a parts bin car, no one denies that, but what does that matter when the car as a whole is the best M car put out in years...multiple reviews state this including Chris Harris who I believe ownes an e90 M3. Why don't you quote the rest of the description on the 1M calling it the hero of the modern day m cars....(yes, this includes your beloved, bloated M3) their words))....LOL....
        I don't hate it. I think it is a great drivers car. I don't think it's an M car that's all. Doesn't mean it's some pile of junk.

        And when it comes to the 1M and N54 I consider Chris Harris a retard.
      1. fast4door's Avatar
        fast4door -
        very cool..I like what they say about the M5 gearbox..its so true
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
        Really cool. Let's see the next gen M cars break into the 3's
        Break into the 3s 0-60? This is a pointless figure. The disparity between what is stated here, and the best time for an M3 for example shows this. The e90 M3 w/DSG already pulled a 3.9s 0-60 - while this chart claims 4.8s. Again, it's a pointless, traction dependant (esp. w/ RWD) number. 5-60 makes more sense, or 60-100, etc...

        Awesome chart regardless of all.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        Again, it's a pointless, traction dependant (esp. w/ RWD) number. 5-60 makes more sense, or 60-100, etc...
        Absolutely correct.