• Tuned N54 battle: E85 powered Vishnu tuned 335i versus turbo upgraded JB4 tune 335i at the airstrip

      In case anyone was doubting the difference an upgraded turbo setup makes on an N54 here is a video that should change your mind. The camere car belongs to BimmerBoost member Wedge1967 who has been running his mouth just a bit regarding the performance of his stock turbo 335i on E85 with a Vishnu Procede tune. The 335i that pulls away (way away) has RB upgraded twins and a Burger Tuning JB4.


      Wedge1967 claims he was in the wrong gear for this pull being in second instead third gear which is entirely plausible but considering the acceleration of the 335i, it would not have mattered what gear he was in. The upgraded turbo car simply walks away.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Tuned N54 battle: E85 powered Vishnu tuned 335i versus turbo upgraded JB4 tune 335i at the airstrip started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 30 Comments
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Ouch... RBs+E85 + Intank LPFP = ???
      1. jzeee037's Avatar
        jzeee037 -
        Yeah thats just a straight up ass kickin. Who does the other car belong to.
      1. longboarder's Avatar
        longboarder -
        RB turbo 335's are insanely fast no doubt...but for everyone who was at the event, Wedge's stock turbo car impressed us. I didn't get a chance to meet him but understand that all he has is the Vishnu Flex Fuel tune and DCI. That's it...otherwise the car is 100% stock.

        There were a number of runs perhaps like the one above that might not have been clean. I know Wedge has a couple of runs (don't know if vid'd or not) where the loss margin against the RB cars was less than this from what we saw at the finish line. Just don't know if they were clean or not. Maybe Wedge can chime in.

        Funny about Wedge "running his mouth"...particularly for this place.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        IIRC Wedge is a FBO 335 on 100% E85 + meth. He was the blue "500rw" car I raced at 19psi and 18psi. The flex fuel and DCI only car was a 135i manual trans.

        Serg put a pounding on him in that run but it's expected given Serg did 503rw on the dynojet and it's all in good fun. No doubt Wedge will come back with more HP next time around!
      1. longboarder's Avatar
        longboarder -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        IIRC Wedge is a FBO 335 on 100% E85 + meth. He was the "500rw" car I raced at 19psi and 18psi. The flex fuel and DCI only car was a 135i manual trans.
        oh then my baddd. was hard to keep track of everyone as there must have been 40 BMW's at the event. Is the 135 Dmacc's?
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        His actual name is on the tip of my tongue but I don't know his online persona.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
        Funny about Wedge "running his mouth"...particularly for this place.
        He was running his mouth to everyone without even knowing what other people had. He seems to think his E85 car is faster than it truly is.

        He made it seem like he was even with upgraded turbo cars though he clearly is not.

        Regardless, I'm sure his car is fast and glad he enjoys it. Some context definitely was appreciated.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
        Yeah thats just a straight up ass kickin. Who does the other car belong to.
        Apparently someone named sick335? Don't know him.
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Good runs guys!
      1. Wedge1967's Avatar
        Wedge1967 -
        Thanks for the headline Sticky. I did run my mouth a bit didn't I, LOL. Click here to enlarge It was all in good fun. E85 is no joke and I think with a LPFP fix and flash, the RB cars can making a lot more power. With e85 and meth I'm up 60 whp over pump and meth on the same dyno. I was also at full weight and have a few (100+) lbs on Terry and Serg (Sick335), but even if I dropped weight and had a clean start, I wouldn't have had a chance. I did get over to HPF last week and pulled on their Dynojet. 440 RWHP and 503 RWTQ... Had to load the trunk up with weights to keep the tires from slipping. If anyone is interested, I have more video's posted on YouTube. Search - Wedge @ Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack: November 10th and 11th
      1. Ak335i's Avatar
        Ak335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for the headline Sticky. I did run my mouth a bit didn't I, LOL. Click here to enlarge It was all in good fun. E85 is no joke and I think with a LPFP fix and flash, the RB cars can making a lot more power. With e85 and meth I'm up 60 whp over pump and meth on the same dyno. I was also at full weight and have a few (100+) lbs on Terry and Serg (Sick335), but even if I dropped weight and had a clean start, I wouldn't have had a chance. I did get over to HPF last week and pulled on their Dynojet. 440 RWHP and 503 RWTQ... Had to load the trunk up with weights to keep the tires from slipping. If anyone is interested, I have more video's posted on YouTube. Search - Wedge @ Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack: November 10th and 11th
        any plans on making a 1/4 pass?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
        Search - Wedge @ Shift-S3ctor Airstrip Attack: November 10th and 11th
        Post up your vids.
      1. Wedge1967's Avatar
        Wedge1967 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
        any plans on making a 1/4 pass?
        I called PIR and they're closed for the season. So it will have to wait until they open again next year.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        perfect time for you to get some RB's for next season and see what all the hype is about Click here to enlarge
      1. Brey335i's Avatar
        Brey335i -
        Am I the only one who was so bothered by the chrome trim not lining up that I had to watch the video again to see the result? lol
      1. Legionofboom's Avatar
        Legionofboom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        perfect time for you to get some RB's for next season and see what all the hype is about Click here to enlarge
        haha i hope they pay you to say that
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by longboarder Click here to enlarge
        oh then my baddd. was hard to keep track of everyone as there must have been 40 BMW's at the event. Is the 135 Dmacc's?
        Yessir.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        His actual name is on the tip of my tongue but I don't know his online persona.
        Dillon

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        Good runs guys!
        X2, I wish I ran it with an RB 335.
      1. Wedge1967's Avatar
        Wedge1967 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Post up your vids.
        First run with Terry.


        Second run with Terry.


        G.I.A.C. tuned B6


        G.I.A.C. tuned B5


        Bolt-on Mod e92 M3


        CLK500
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
        haha i hope they pay you to say that
        say what? that he can get a set of RBs now, ya know that set of hardware thats currently available; those things that have powered the fastest TT N54's for over a year now..
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        Wow those are good numbers on HPF's dyno. E85 is sick, I need a station near me.