• ICS Performance E36 M3 with built S52 twin turbo six-cylinder hits an astounding 1142 horsepower to the wheels

      Wow, simply wow. Congratulations to ICS Performance for raising the bar considerably in the M50/S50 engine game. ICS was able to hit 1142 horsepower to the wheels and 1042 pound-feet of wheel torque on a dynojet in SAE correction. This is with a twin turbo forged internal built motor low compression setup running twin GT3076r turbos and custom camshafts. The car was tuned by Vic Sias of Sias Tuning.

      This is the same car that set the BMW standing mile record running 223 miles per hour although likely with less power than it now has. Additionally, ICS plans to change out the turbos for larger twin GT35r units. Who knows how far they can take it but this is a wonderful achievement and congratulations to ICS Performance and Vic Sias.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: ICS Performance E36 M3 with built S52 twin turbo six-cylinder hits an astounding 1142 horsepower to the wheels started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 49 Comments
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        wow... and it holds over 1000whp all the way

        but really, that torque figure is STUPID!
      1. 7to3_enthusiast's Avatar
        7to3_enthusiast -
        0_0....incredible
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        wow... and it holds over 1000whp all the way

        but really, that torque figure is STUPID!
        Apparently a lot of people are having trouble believing the torque figure.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Is that on a stock block?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        Is that on a stock block?
        It's the stock iron block but I'm sure they had to do something to it.
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Apparently a lot of people are having trouble believing the torque figure.
        What has been done to the tranny?

        how heavy and grabby is that clutch?!
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        Click here to enlarge

        That's just terrifying. Mad props to ICS Performance and Sias Tuning!

        It's amazing how even today, ICS is still constantly raising the bar and pushing the envelope with the E36!
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
      1. black bnr32's Avatar
        black bnr32 -
        she moves around the shop like butta

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
        What has been done to the tranny?

        how heavy and grabby is that clutch?!
        I don't know what clutch it's running they didn't provide many specs.
      1. The Ghost's Avatar
        The Ghost -
        Beautifully wide powerband! I'd love to see this curve from an N54. Usable power with a reasonable rev limit. I'd expect it to have to rev to 9500 to get this curve.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
        Beautifully wide powerband! I'd love to see this curve from an N54. Usable power with a reasonable rev limit. I'd expect it to have to rev to 9500 to get this curve.
        Let me know when an N54 is doing this. It's basically at half at the moment.
      1. spool twice's Avatar
        spool twice -
        that torque curve looks like it would be fun to experience
      1. The Ghost's Avatar
        The Ghost -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Let me know when an N54 is doing this. It's basically at half at the moment.
        No $#@!. Can I not desire this?

        Usable power at its finest.
      1. inlineS54B32's Avatar
        inlineS54B32 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Let me know when an N54 is doing this. It's basically at half at the moment.
        Might be pretty difficult to obtain power levels like that with an AL block. 9500 RPM would also require basically a whole new engine (internals, major head work) - none of it is designed for high RPM, it's a FI engine.

        I feel that the days of these awesome engines made by BMW were over after they killed off the S54. I am sure we will see some amazing power out of the S65 though - just a matter of time.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        Speechless
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
        Might be pretty difficult to obtain power levels like that with an AL block. 9500 RPM would also require basically a whole new engine (internals, major head work) - none of it is designed for high RPM, it's a FI engine.

        I feel that the days of these awesome engines made by BMW were over after they killed off the S54. I am sure we will see some amazing power out of the S65 though - just a matter of time.
        Exactly, it's not going to happen. The S50's and S54's are just better motors.
      1. mm28's Avatar
        mm28 -
        amazing how this was achieved with a relatively small GT30 turbo!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mm28 Click here to enlarge
        amazing how this was achieved with a relatively small GT30 turbo!!
        Two of them.
      1. Daily Three's Avatar
        Daily Three -
        Yep they are right around the corner from me.. I thought they already hit this? Maybe it was 1050 whp.. same car though. they have other high hp e36 m3s and a 700+whp z3m (770wp iirc).