A record is a record however and this is impressive. Officially, the car holds 5 electric acceleration world records:
- 1/8 mile: 7,549
- 1/4 mile: 11,808
- 1/2 km: 13,714*
- 1 km: 23,260*
- 1 mile: 35,347*
If this is not impressive enough, Rimac is also producing an all electric sports car with 1000 horsepower called the Concept_One. The specifications are lofty with 1,180 pound feet of torque, a carbon fiber body, and proposed 300 mile range. Will they pull it off? Who knows, building a fast electric E30 is a bit different from designing an electric supercar. It does look promising and hopefully they pull it off.
- Power output: 1088 hp
- Torque: 1600 Nm from 0 to 6500 rpm
- Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2,8 seconds
- Range: up to 600 km (realistic range – 500 km)
- Braking distance: 31.5m (100-0 km/h)
- Lateral g-force: 1.4 g
- Efficiency: 140-550 Wh/km
- 40 kW on-board charging
- 100 kW fast DC-charging
- Weight-to-power ratio: 1.79 kg/hp
- Weight distribution: 42% front, 58% rear
- Total length: 4548 mm
- Total width: 1997 mm
- Total height: 1198 mm
- Ground clearance: Rear: 115 mm, Front: 105 mm
- Wheelbase: 2750 mm.
- Dry weight: 1950 kg
- Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (LiFePO4) chemistry
- Configuration: 1400 cells - 200 series, 7 parallel
- Voltage: 650V nominal
- Capacity: 91 kWh
- Cooling: Freon (gas) with high-voltage heat pumps
- Milled aluminum and sheet aluminum housing
- Rimac Automobili Active Battery and Thermal Management Systems
- Several layers of redundant safety and protection systems
- Carbon fibre monocoque with integrated battery-pack
- Carbon fibre sub-frames (front and rear)
- Carbon fibre crash structure
- Front and rear suspension: Double wishbones, fully adjustable, pushrod operated.
- Electronically adjustable ride height.
- Fully machined aluminum uprights and wishbones
- Rear: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-600 – high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 600 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
- Front: Rimac Automobili D-PM-OC-400 - high speed dual permanent magnet oil cooled motors, 400 kW peak, 10.000 RPM, up to 97% efficiency
- Dry sump lubrication
- Milled aluminum housings
- Reduction gearbox ratio: 3,5
- Rack and pinion electrically power assisted steering.
- Front brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 390 mm, 36 mm wide.
- 6-piston calipers, power-assisted.
- Rear brakes: Ventilated ceramic discs Ø 380 mm, 34 mm wide.
- 4-piston calipers, power-assisted.
- Up to 800 kW of regen-braking (adjustable)
- Front and side air-bags
- Torque Vectoring with stability function
- Safety disconnect systems in case of crash
- Multiple ECU architecture for monitoring of safety-relevant electronic systems
- Full carbon-fibre body.