Close

    • 515 wheel horsepower modded '03 Cobra Mustang takes on a Weistec Stage I supercharged C63 AMG

      Here is a very good race video showing two runs from a dig featuring a Weistec supercharged C63 AMG and a modified 2003 Mutang Cobra. The Cobra has a ported blower and is putting out 515 wheel horsepower. The C63 AMG has the Stage I Weistec Supercharger kit with a full exhaust. It may be the Stage I or Stage I+ so in the 500-530 wheel horsepower range, possibly more thanks to the full exhaust.

      In the first race the C63 appears to hit its rev limiter and is forced to catch up which it impressively does. The second race is clean with the C63 walking away. A very impressive showing by the Wesitec supercharged car versus stout competition from a stop.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec S/C C63 AMG vs Ported Blower 03' Cobra started by TZ04XJR View original post
      Comments 29 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

        It has power though. Lots of it.
        What are you talking about man? Mercedes has done positive displacement SC's and it essentially is a German car that takes an American approach with brute force.

        Have to disagree with your assessment on the sound, love it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Here is a very good race video showing two runs from a dig featuring a Weistec supercharged C63 AMG and a modified 2003 Mutang Cobra. The Cobra has a ported blower and is putting out 515 wheel horsepower. The C63 AMG has the Stage I Weistec Supercharger kit with a full exhaust. It may be the Stage I or Stage I+ so in the 500-530 wheel horsepower range, possibly more thanks to the full exhaust.

        In the first race the C63 appears to hit its rev limiter and is forced to catch up which it impressively does. The second race is clean with the C63 walking away. A very impressive showing by the Wesitec supercharged car versus stout competition from a stop.

        Click here to enlarge

      1. Weistec's Avatar
        Weistec -
        Great race guys! Just for reference, this is a Stage 1+ system in the video. The loud whine isn't the C63, that is the Cobra. Our systems do whine but it really isn't that loud. Typically, cars with long tube headers and straight pipes completely tone out the whine. You can also hear the Cobra shift gears and the whine silences for a quick second. The 7 speed auto transmission is so seamless that the tone of the supercharger doesn't change much. Hope this helps!

        Weistec Engineering
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Great race guys! Just for reference, this is a Stage 1+ system in the video. The loud whine isn't the C63, that is the Cobra. Our systems do whine but it really isn't that loud. Typically, cars with long tube headers and straight pipes completely tone out the whine. You can also hear the Cobra shift gears and the whine silences for a quick second. The 7 speed auto transmission is so seamless that the tone of the supercharger doesn't change much. Hope this helps!

        Weistec Engineering
        Thought it might be the 1+, thanks for confirming .
      1. Sirex63's Avatar
        Sirex63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
        Great race guys! Just for reference, this is a Stage 1+ system in the video. The loud whine isn't the C63, that is the Cobra. Our systems do whine but it really isn't that loud. Typically, cars with long tube headers and straight pipes completely tone out the whine. You can also hear the Cobra shift gears and the whine silences for a quick second. The 7 speed auto transmission is so seamless that the tone of the supercharger doesn't change much. Hope this helps!

        Weistec Engineering
        Exactly, you can even figure out from the second that C63 burned out, there's no whine at all.
      1. lury_amg's Avatar
        lury_amg -
        Hey guys. I am new here and this was my car racing. I didn't hit the rev limiter. I actually was spinning through my first two gears and let off before going off the road. I also only have l/t headers and mids with stock exhaust. I made 536 at the wheels.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lury_amg Click here to enlarge
        Hey guys. I am new here and this was my car racing. I didn't hit the rev limiter. I actually was spinning through my first two gears and let off before going off the road. I also only have l/t headers and mids with stock exhaust. I made 536 at the wheels.
        Welcome.

        Do you have the dynograph? Would love to see it. Please create a thread on your car in the M156 section.
      1. lury_amg's Avatar
        lury_amg -
        I will try and scan it and post it. I gained 112 whp by adding the blower alone. I ran a 11.79 at 118 in Albuquerque NM with a da around 7600. This was my first race with blower.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lury_amg Click here to enlarge
        I will try and scan it and post it. I gained 112 whp by adding the blower alone. I ran a 11.79 at 118 in Albuquerque NM with a da around 7600. This was my first race with blower.
        Awesome, thank you.