Close

    • Race video showing the difference between a C63 AMG with just an ECU tune and a C63 with an ECU tune plus headers and exhaust

      This video comes from two BenzBoost members with modified W204 C63 AMG sedans, users Mthis and JonsC63AMG. The modifications on JonsC63AMG are an OE Tuning ECU tune, everything else is stock. The C63 taping the race belongs to Mthis and has an updating OE Tuning ECU tune along with long tube headers, BMC filters, 3 inch mid pipes, and some lightweight mods. Despite a lead and jump by the C63 belonging to Jon the C63 recording showed the horsepower disparity reeling him in and passing him. Exhaust modifications clearly make a nice difference on the C63 and compliment a tune well.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Mthis C63 vs C63 updated OE tuned only started by JonsC63AMG View original post
      Comments 95 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
        i will check back on this thread tomorrow morning and it should be on page 9 by then Click here to enlarge
        At the very least. Pages of keyboard racing coming up...
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        ...
        Why anyone would race Jon is beyond me. Click here to enlarge There is no winning with him even if you happen to win.Click here to enlarge
        lol, thats $#@!in funny Click here to enlarge
      1. BK63AMG's Avatar
        BK63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Well said Jeff.

        Why anyone would race Jon is beyond me. Click here to enlarge There is no winning with him even if you happen to win.Click here to enlarge
        Live and learn...although Hagi should have known better lol!

        Long time, no see, Mike. How goes it? Will you be attending the ER roll races in a couple weeks?
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        At the very least. Pages of keyboard racing coming up...
        Nah,were missing one important element in order for that to happen..Jons mortal enemy;Propain Click here to enlarge
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Live and learn...although Hagi should have known better lol!

        Long time, no see, Mike. How goes it? Will you be attending the ER roll races in a couple weeks?
        Hey Jason,

        Doing fine, wish I could say the same about my car but thanks for asking.

        Broke an axle for the second time in 8 months. Patiently waiting for Weistec to release axles for the C63 because I seem to keep breaking mine.Click here to enlarge

        Cars up and running but unfortunately I won't be able to attend the ER races.

        How are you?
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        This is one of the gayest threads I have read on a very long time.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Broke an axle for the second time in 8 months. Patiently waiting for Weistec to release axles for the C63 because I seem to keep breaking mine.
        They are coming, will be similar to this: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...ber-Driveshaft
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        This is one of the gayest threads I have read on a very long time.
        If it has 60-130 in it and either propain or jon are involved you can bet it will be pretty lame lol
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        If it has 60-130 in it and either propain or jon are involved you can bet it will be pretty lame lol
        As gay as 60-130 is, if it is dry out tomorrow I might go out and try to completely shatter the M156 record just because I can and make Jon and Propain feel very very slow in the process.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        This is one of the gayest threads I have read on a very long time.
        loooooool. You are a funny person.Click here to enlarge

        I was thinking the same thing but didnt want to say anything.


        Summary..The video posted is not proper. The tuned C63 was already ahead of the LT tuned C63 and kicked earlier. In addition, The complete race was not shown. If Mthis had switched ECU's, then he would be having adaptations issues.

        a LT header tuned M156 C63 will always slash a tune only C63, PERIOD. Heck Ive seen my brother's Header tuned SL63 (which 500lbs heavier than the C63) beat tuned C63's (when it was NA).

        Let both cars kick thier engine 4 or 5 times hard prior to racing, cool your engines and race from 100 km- 250KM (side-by-side). Mthis car will destroy jons car.

        you have to remember folks, the M156 loves LT headers, Its not just a 40-50 RWHP gain. It is also a 40-45 ft/lb gain of RWTQ. The airflow of the Engine and the response is changed drastically with a proper tune. High end power is especially a big advantage for a LT header C63.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by I am Jeff Click here to enlarge
        I've noticed that every time Jon races anyone, he claims he beats them by bus lengths or they barely beat him with their numerous mods. Jon needs to stop making ridiculous claims about beating the world! I don't see Jon commenting about how he was half car ahead before the 3rd honk and how he had the jump.

        Jon comments about hagi's 50 pound weight saving mods, but don't talk about the 100+ pound disparity between the 2 drivers!Click here to enlarge
        he must have one of those factory freaks lol.....he never loses!
      1. I am Jeff's Avatar
        I am Jeff -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        he must have one of those factory freaks lol.....he never loses!
        If you ever race him, I bet you that he'll claim that you only beat him by 3-4 car lengths! lolz. With all you 700+rwhp and lightweight mods.Click here to enlarge
      1. BK63AMG's Avatar
        BK63AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Hey Jason,

        Doing fine, wish I could say the same about my car but thanks for asking.

        Broke an axle for the second time in 8 months. Patiently waiting for Weistec to release axles for the C63 because I seem to keep breaking mine.Click here to enlarge

        Cars up and running but unfortunately I won't be able to attend the ER races.

        How are you?
        Mike,
        I am so sorry to hear about your axle issues - what's the cause? Too much stress from launching? I know guys like Dodger have put their cars through hell without any axle issues (that I know of...) so this is really crazy!

        I really hope you're able to get this resolved and are back on the road ASAP. All is well on my end...still resisting the urge to get LTHs so I spent all my money on wheels and cosmetic mods instead. My main goal is to get into the 11s on street tires!
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        As gay as 60-130 is, if it is dry out tomorrow I might go out and try to completely shatter the M156 record just because I can and make Jon and Propain feel very very slow in the process.
        With as much info as Jon omits from his posts, I'm sure you too could claim "Tune Only" lol !
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Mike,
        I am so sorry to hear about your axle issues - what's the cause? Too much stress from launching? I know guys like Dodger have put their cars through hell without any axle issues (that I know of...) so this is really crazy!

        I really hope you're able to get this resolved and are back on the road ASAP. All is well on my end...still resisting the urge to get LTHs so I spent all my money on wheels and cosmetic mods instead. My main goal is to get into the 11s on street tires!
        Jason,

        It's definitely abuse from launching but I can't put my finger on why I'm the only one having issues. I know dodger, mthis and Keith have never broken an axle and they race as much, if not more than I. Anyway, it's part of racing and is to be expected. Once Weistec releases their axles I'll have my mechanic completely tear down the rear and start from scratch.

        Any pics of the new wheels or cosmetic mods?

        Drag radials are street tires.Click here to enlarge
      1. BK63AMG's Avatar
        BK63AMG -
        Attachment 17198Attachment 17199
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
        Jason,

        It's definitely abuse from launching but I can't put my finger on why I'm the only one having issues. I know dodger, mthis and Keith have never broken an axle and they race as much, if not more than I. Anyway, it's part of racing and is to be expected. Once Weistec releases their axles I'll have my mechanic completely tear down the rear and start from scratch.

        Any pics of the new wheels or cosmetic mods?

        Drag radials are street tires.Click here to enlarge
        Hahaha I know man...I just may have to pick up a set for track duty this summer...we'll see!

        I'm quasi-thread jacking here but here's a sneak peak of the new set-up - car is dirty but I'll clean up and take proper pics this weekend.
      1. I am Jeff's Avatar
        I am Jeff -
        I'm glad to see you finally got your wheels from forgestar. Nice finish on the wheels!
      1. PetroC63's Avatar
        PetroC63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 17198Attachment 17199

        Hahaha I know man...I just may have to pick up a set for track duty this summer...we'll see!

        I'm quasi-thread jacking here but here's a sneak peak of the new set-up - car is dirty but I'll clean up and take proper pics this weekend.

        The 19" Forgestar's look great. I'm digging the side and rear skirts too.

        Nicely done.
      1. Dodger63's Avatar
        Dodger63 -
        Never btoke an axle ive beaten the car to death also
      1. Mthis's Avatar
        Mthis -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 17198Attachment 17199

        Hahaha I know man...I just may have to pick up a set for track duty this summer...we'll see!

        I'm quasi-thread jacking here but here's a sneak peak of the new set-up - car is dirty but I'll clean up and take proper pics this weekend.
        Cars looks phat.