Close

    • Renntech tuned W212 E63 AMG with the M157 twin turbo V8 runs 11.1@126 tune only on street tires

      Low 11's on street tires tune only is an incredible achievement and exactly what a Renntech tuned E63 was able to do recently. This is now the new tune only stock tire record and was done in Florida at Palm Beach International Raceway. This E63 is the same car that ran 12.0@116 stock. With just a tune it was able to gain 10 MPH and a full second in the 1/4 mile. Incredibly impressive and clearly a 10 second car on drag radials or even the stock tires in cooler weather.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Renntech tuned W212 E63 AMG with the M157 twin turbo V8 runs 11.1@126 tune only on street tires started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Threads merged. Now maybe that one vtech clown running his mouth about the 1/4 mile on "street tires" will shut up now.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Threads merged. Now maybe that one vtech clown running his mouth about the 1/4 mile on "street tires" will shut up now.
        The comparison was with the new 2012 CLS63 and not an E63. The E63 is lighter than the CLS.

        But thats a good run. I really love this M157
      1. ls1carguy's Avatar
        ls1carguy -
        so what's next for the project?? salivating
      1. AMG4ME's Avatar
        AMG4ME -
        Wasn't the temp. about 50sF when the CLS ran?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        The comparison was with the new 2012 CLS63 and not an E63. The E63 is lighter than the CLS.

        But thats a good run. I really love this M157
        I think the weight is far closer than originally was thought.

        This still is the M157 street tire record. Regardless, Renntech now holds every record until that vtech clown comes up with holding the street tire record during a full moon or only when running with one eye closed.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4ME Click here to enlarge
        Wasn't the temp. about 50sF when the CLS ran?
        Conditions no doubt favored it, PBIR is not in the best location at this time of year for record runs. That makes this more impressive.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls1carguy Click here to enlarge
        so what's next for the project?? salivating
        Turbo and transmission upgrades as previously stated: http://www.benzboost.com/content.php?2239-Renntech-pushes-the-M157-V8-TT-in-a-2012-CLS63-AMG-to-627-wheel-horsepower-Billet-turbo-and-transmission-upgrades-coming
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        The comparison was with the new 2012 CLS63 and not an E63. The E63 is lighter than the CLS.

        But thats a good run. I really love this M157
        Please note that the V-Tech CLS ran in a lot better weather compared to this run from the E63.... the difference in weather should be more than enough to offset any weight differences. Had this E63 been able to run in December or January, I am confident, it would've put down 11.0 if not 10.9x

        Furthermore, at this point it looks like RENNtech is one of very few companies that consistently provide dyno results from their own in-house cars, followed by track results from their in-house cars, then followed by dyno results from customer's cars, and finally followed by real-world track results from customer's own cars. Many companies don't even bother with purchasing an in-house car let alone provide track results. They rather practice on customer's cars. RENNtech's results have been very repeatable and soon we'll see many RENNtech customers repeat those results all across the US.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        RENNtech is one of very few companies that consistently provide dyno results from their own in-house cars, followed by track results from their in-house cars, then followed by dyno results from customer's cars, and finally followed by real-world track results from customer's own cars.
        This is a very important point, as is the weather. PBIR in the spring is not MIR in the winter, people need to understand that.
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        This is a very important point, as is the weather. PBIR in the spring is not MIR in the winter, people need to understand that.
        By the way, your signature is hilarious.... everytime I see it, I smile Click here to enlarge Did he really say that?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        By the way, your signature is hilarious.... everytime I see it, I smile Click here to enlarge Did he really say that?
        Quoted word for word, I couldn't believe it myself.
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think the weight is far closer than originally was thought.

        This still is the M157 street tire record. Regardless, Renntech now holds every record until that vtech clown comes up with holding the street tire record during a full moon or only when running with one eye closed.
        Do you know which tires were they using?. I am %100 sure if they were using Michelin Pilot cups that ET will drop at least 0.2 second :-)
      1. SLS AMG's Avatar
        SLS AMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Please note that the V-Tech CLS ran in a lot better weather compared to this run from the E63.... the difference in weather should be more than enough to offset any weight differences. Had this E63 been able to run in December or January, I am confident, it would've put down 11.0 if not 10.9x

        Furthermore, at this point it looks like RENNtech is one of very few companies that consistently provide dyno results from their own in-house cars, followed by track results from their in-house cars, then followed by dyno results from customer's cars, and finally followed by real-world track results from customer's own cars. Many companies don't even bother with purchasing an in-house car let alone provide track results. They rather practice on customer's cars. RENNtech's results have been very repeatable and soon we'll see many RENNtech customers repeat those results all across the US.

        I agree with everything you just stated. Renntech are coming out with larger turbos I believe for the M157. They have a dealer here in Qatar. They are in good connections with NBK prime Ride. The manager that runs the place told me that they had already started bulding turbos and are testing them. I think they will far outpreform the turbos that Digitec worked on.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        By the way, your signature is hilarious.... everytime I see it, I smile Click here to enlarge Did he really say that?
        That guy has a screw loose.

        Funniest thing he did was challenging a member to race for pink slips, at the Denver Grand Prix track. According to him he can rent it out. One problem it is a temporary street course set up for Champ Car. And to top it off, the Denver Grand Prix hasn't run since 2006.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        Do you know which tires were they using?. I am %100 sure if they were using Michelin Pilot cups that ET will drop at least 0.2 second :-)
        It said the OEM street tires. Yes, the ET will drop with proper drag rubber.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        That guy has a screw loose.

        Funniest thing he did was challenging a member to race for pink slips, at the Denver Grand Prix track. According to him he can rent it out. One problem it is a temporary street course set up for Champ Car. And to top it off, the Denver Grand Prix hasn't run since 2006.
        Dude has something wrong with him.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
        I agree with everything you just stated. Renntech are coming out with larger turbos I believe for the M157. They have a dealer here in Qatar. They are in good connections with NBK prime Ride. The manager that runs the place told me that they had already started bulding turbos and are testing them. I think they will far outpreform the turbos that Digitec worked on.
        Yes, they are working on upgraded turbos.
      1. Dueclaws's Avatar
        Dueclaws -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        Please note that the V-Tech CLS ran in a lot better weather compared to this run from the E63.... the difference in weather should be more than enough to offset any weight differences. Had this E63 been able to run in December or January, I am confident, it would've put down 11.0 if not 10.9x

        Furthermore, at this point it looks like RENNtech is one of very few companies that consistently provide dyno results from their own in-house cars, followed by track results from their in-house cars, then followed by dyno results from customer's cars, and finally followed by real-world track results from customer's own cars. Many companies don't even bother with purchasing an in-house car let alone provide track results. They rather practice on customer's cars. RENNtech's results have been very repeatable and soon we'll see many RENNtech customers repeat those results all across the US.
        +1
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Dude has something wrong with him.
        I'm sure he and his buddy Portman will be back shortly for some more entertainment and then another round of neg repping lol. Douchebags
      1. Jake@Eurocharged.com's Avatar
        Jake@Eurocharged.com -
        these cars are awesome.....we should have our tune out in the next month or so, been testing for well over a month and a half