Close

    • Veilside preparing a a $39,000 Black Fortune body kit for the R230 SL

      Veilside is a Japanese tuner that builds some extravagant body kits. Their "Fortune" kits in particular tend to make a bold statement. The word fortune being accurate as this kit is going to cost exactly that. 3,000,000 yen is roughly $39,000 at current exchange rates. That is a lot of dough for what will essentially be another R230 body kit inspired by the SL65 Black Series. This kit will be limited to 300 units which we think they will be hard pressed to sell anywhere near that number. We look forward to seeing the final product unveiled at the 2012 Tokyo Auto Salon but will not hesitate to mention there are much more affordable options out there to get this same look.








      This article was originally published in forum thread: Veilside preparing a a $39,000 Black Fortune body kit for the R230 SL started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 4 Comments
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Looks awesome.

        But $39,000 for a body kit? Waste, in my honest opinion.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        Looks awesome.

        But $39,000 for a body kit? Waste, in my honest opinion.
        Major waste considering there are other options for WAY less money.
      1. Maverick1975's Avatar
        Maverick1975 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Major waste considering there are other options for WAY less money.
        Lets not forget another $5-10k spent on painting and another probably $5k on the install and you are looking at $50k plus. They are out of their minds. The Prior Design kit installed and painted is 60% of this price
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
        Lets not forget another $5-10k spent on painting and another probably $5k on the install and you are looking at $50k plus. They are out of their minds. The Prior Design kit installed and painted is 60% of this price
        Exactly.

        Sell 300 of these? Ya right.