• Weistec M159 Mercedes SLS 750 Supercharger System officially released - 638 wheel horsepower, $27,999

      Here it is, what everyone anticipated was right on the heels of the Weistec M156 superchargers, the Weistec Mercedes SLS AMG 750 Supercharger Kit. This supercharger is the same 2.3 liter twin screw unit used on the M156 motors however the setup on the SLS is much stronger. 638 wheel horsepower for a Weistec M159 SLS 750 supercharger vs. 538 for a Weistec Stage I+ M156 supercharger. A 100 wheel horsepower difference is nothing to sneeze at and anything over 600 wheel is simply incredibly powerful.

      The changes the M159 sees versus the M156 account for the majority of the difference between the two. No doubt people will also notice the difference in price between the M156 and M159 supercharger setups and that is to be expected with different tuning, a smaller market, and necessary hardware changes to accommodate the SLS. 638 wheel horsepower, a curb weight in the 3600 range (lighter than any factory Mercedes with the M156), and a dual clutch transmission make for one of the strongest performance platforms in the Mercedes world today. Oh, and yes, CARB approved.

      A great job by Weistec yet again, specs below and product page is here: http://www.weistec.com/m159sc.html

      M159, SLS 750 Package

      • 2.3L Twin-Screw Compressor Module Why Twin-Screw?
      • Dual High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Intake Tubes
      • Brisk Spark Plugs
      • Fuel Delivery Upgrade
      • 1000hp Liquid to Air Intercooler Core
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Lower Manifold
      • High Flow Cast Aluminum T6 Hardened Throttle Body Inlet Y
      • 45mm Boost Bypass Assembly
      • Constant Mu, Delta Pressure (CMDP) Cog Drive System
      • Billet Aluminum Cog Drive Cradle Assembly
      • Poly Chain GT Carbon Fiber Cog Belt
      • Supercharger Serpentine Drive Belt
      • Hard Anodized Billet Aluminum Serpentine Idlers
      • Johnson CM30 30 Liter/Min Intercooler Water Pump
      • Intercooler Water Recovery Tank
      • Cross Flow Heat Exchanger
      • High Flow Fuel Rail System
      • Molded Silicone Couplers
      • Power-Steering Reservoir Relocation Assembly
      • Weistec Engineering SLS 750 Reflash (CARB E.O. D-691)




















      This article was originally published in forum thread: Weistec Stage I M159 Mercedes SLS 750 Supercharger System officially released - 638 wheel horsepower, $27,999 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 84 Comments
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I used to not like the rear but once I saw it in person and on the street, I changed my mind.
        Agreed (although I never minded the rear, I thought some front angles were a little strange), it looks pretty sharp in person. Click here to enlarge
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        I love the SLS supercharger that weistec are providing. I just dont understand the pricing. I mean its basically the same system used on the M156 with just bigger outlet tubing. The M156 kit is $14999, while the M159 kit is for $27999. Can someone explain where the extra $13999 is coming from?
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
        isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?
        The SLS Black Series is rumored to have 650 hp. Weistec's SLS is producing 750 hp. A 100 hp more is no joke. And once somebody adds long-tube headers, race tune, and maybe a better intake, the difference will be even larger.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        I love the SLS supercharger that weistec are providing. I just dont understand the pricing. I mean its basically the same system used on the M156 with just bigger outlet tubing. The M156 kit is $14999, while the M159 kit is for $27999. Can someone explain where the extra $13999 is coming from?
        LOL - it's nothing like the same setup on the M156. Look at the layout, the airboxes, plumbing, tuning etc. Is it worth the extra money ? Sure, especially if you can afford an SLS - that's why I wonder why you are constantly bringing up the price of things after you say you just dropped $171k for an SLS.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        LZH, I wasn't talking about motor configuration. I know that the M156 is different than the M159. I was talking about the SC on both platforms. You did not answer my question, actually it wasn't intended for you. Please calm down and chill and let someone reply to my question.
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        LZH, I wasn't talking about motor configuration. I know that the M156 is different than the M159. I was talking about the SC on both platforms. You did not answer my question, actually it wasn't intended for you. Please calm down and chill and let someone reply to my question.
        Don't forget about the cost of research and development on these cars. Many people tend to overlook such costs because they mostly occur behind the scenes but no mistake they are high for a car like the SLS. And if a company can't recoup some of those costs, they simply won't proceed. At the end of the day, economics and sales numbers still dictate play here.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        The SLS Black Series is rumored to have 650 hp. Weistec's SLS is producing 750 hp. A 100 hp more is no joke. And once somebody adds long-tube headers, race tune, and maybe a better intake, the difference will be even larger.
        I read a blurb in a mag (R&T, Automobile, not sure) that the SLSBS might have the M157 (tuned for even higher perf. than the PP) with MCT instead of the M156 with DCT. Do you know if that's been confirmed?
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        That could be very true. I guess research and economics play a lot in the cost. I understand. Thanks for the informative input
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
        isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?
        The SLS Black Series numbers that are been discussed are crank HP figure, these Weistec numbers are at the wheel. Furthermore the Black Series will have nearly a $100k premium on it over a standard SLS making the Weistec unit a baragain at $27k
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        I read a blurb in a mag (R&T, Automobile, not sure) that the SLSBS might have the M157 (tuned for even higher perf. than the PP) with MCT instead of the M156 with DCT. Do you know if that's been confirmed?
        I heard M157, it would never have the M156, I think you meant M159.
      1. Exeenom's Avatar
        Exeenom -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        I read a blurb in a mag (R&T, Automobile, not sure) that the SLSBS might have the M157 (tuned for even higher perf. than the PP) with MCT instead of the M156 with DCT. Do you know if that's been confirmed?
        I personally read rumors on both sides.... some articles say the black series will keep the M159 while others think it'll get the M157. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        If the 650HP figure is true, then I believe the SLS BS will have the M157
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        LZH, I wasn't talking about motor configuration. I know that the M156 is different than the M159. I was talking about the SC on both platforms. You did not answer my question, actually it wasn't intended for you. Please calm down and chill and let someone reply to my question.
        Then who was your question meant for ? You can't post here and then pick and choose who responds to your posts - especially when you say things like:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        Can someone explain where the extra $13999 is coming from?
        Why don't you post a picture of your SLS ? Personally I don't think you have one.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        I'll do something better. I'll post a video of me driving it, how do you like that? Do you really want to embarrass yourself and look like an ass?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        I'll do something better. I'll post a video of me driving it, how do you like that? Do you really want to embarrass yourself and look like an ass?
        I'll believe it when I see it. And please post a pic of the title too so we know it's not your Dad's.
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Looooool. I smell fear. I will humliate you
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I heard M157, it would never have the M156, I think you meant M159.
        Whoops, you're right - I meant M159. Thanks.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
        I personally read rumors on both sides.... some articles say the black series will keep the M159 while others think it'll get the M157. Nothing has been officially confirmed yet.
        Cool, thanks. It'll be interesting when the speculation is over. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        If the 650HP figure is true, then I believe the SLS BS will have the M157
        I agree with 63Master - I'd be surprised if AMG kept the M159 and somehow tuned it to 650 HP N/A... if the SLSBS has 650 BHP, it'll probably have the M157 (or maybe it'll be different enough from the M157 to be coded as something else, but at least M157-based).

        It was interesting to read that AMG might go with the MCT instead of the DCT, though, since many would consider that a downgrade. The comment was made that AMG didn't feel the DCT could handle the torque...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kbahl21 Click here to enlarge
        isnt the SLS Black Series supposed to come out soon, and supposedly have the same power as wesitec is making with the s/c on the regular SLS?
        I don't expect over 600 wheel horsepower naturally aspirated from the M159 in the BS.