Close

    • Porsche shows off the water cooled aural magic that is the 993 GT2 engine

      The 993 is still argued for today as possibly the greatest 911 generation ever produced. Hard to disagree when you consider it had the last air cooled motor and classic Porsche lines that seem timeless. The GT2 possibly being the greatest example. Porsche fans would seem to agree as they requested on Porsche's facebook page to hear what the motor in the 993 GT2 sounds like. Porsche obliged and provided this awesome video below highlighting the motor sounds, check it out.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: Porsche shows off the water cooled aural magic that is the 993 GT2 engine started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 16 Comments
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        They dont make fire breathers like that anymore.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        They dont make fire breathers like that anymore.
        No they do not.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        They make electric bull$#@! and 4 door 4 seater cars that weigh 5000 lbs. imkindamad
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        They make electric bull$#@! and 4 door 4 seater cars that weigh 5000 lbs. imkindamad
        Porsche isn't doing the electric bull$#@! like BMW... yet.
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        They had some electric hybrid garbage come out as prototypes.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        They had some electric hybrid garbage come out as prototypes.
        They have some hybrid stuff but they are also doing badass hybrid racing not making pussy electric cars like BMW.
      1. Remonster's Avatar
        Remonster -
        You can tell Porsche has more enthusiasts working for them than anyone else. Who else has sound clips of their cars revving and going WOT on their website?If you're wondering "Should I order my 991 with the Sport exhaust?" You can hear both clips. If you're wondering "How insane does a Carrera GT sound?" They have a clip of that, too.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        That there is some bad ass stuff. Makes me regret ever selling my 993 Turbo S dammit
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
        You can tell Porsche has more enthusiasts working for them than anyone else. Who else has sound clips of their cars revving and going WOT on their website?If you're wondering "Should I order my 991 with the Sport exhaust?" You can hear both clips. If you're wondering "How insane does a Carrera GT sound?" They have a clip of that, too.
        This is the type of thing I love about Porsche.
      1. flipm3's Avatar
        flipm3 -
        One of the greatest cars in automotive history. I still dream of one day owning a 993TT...amazing how well they hold their value.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
        One of the greatest cars in automotive history. I still dream of one day owning a 993TT...amazing how well they hold their value.
        I would love to own one someday as well. I need a hell of a lot more money.
      1. c32AMG-DTM's Avatar
        c32AMG-DTM -
        Sticky, great vid - thanks for sharing. Just FYI: the title says water-cooled.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
        Sticky, great vid - thanks for sharing. Just FYI: the title says water-cooled.
        Damn, my mistake, fixing.
      1. alq80's Avatar
        alq80 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Porsche isn't doing the electric bull$#@! like BMW... yet.
        If the 918 Spyder is their view of electric, I'm all for green. That car is monstrous and surprisingly hybrid!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
        If the 918 Spyder is their view of electric, I'm all for green. That car is monstrous and surprisingly hybrid!
        Porsche is doing electric performance not cars for people like this:

      1. alq80's Avatar
        alq80 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Porsche is doing electric performance not cars for people like this:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5YOzFuYMH8
        hahahaha Yes, you are very right. They are actually going a step FORWARDs not backwards (performance wise).