Close

    • Swiss businessman asking $11 million for one of a kind (thank goodness) red and gold SLR

      This is not a joke although we wish it was. This "modified" (more like destroyed) Mercedes SLR belongs to Swiss entrepreneur Ueli Anliker who is selling it for a cool $11 million dollars. Nope, no typo. 30,000 hours of work were apparently put into this SLR that features 24 carat gold accents and 600 rubies. The vehicle will be brought to the Middle East next month which is the only place on the planet someone might have bad enough taste combined with deep enough pockets to buy this. Ronald McDonald apparently is not on the potential client list even though this SLR would fit his color scheme perfectly. Our advice? Get a stock SLR if you are in the market and keep the change.

























      This article was originally published in forum thread: $11M SLR for sale started by DavidV View original post
      Comments 16 Comments
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        I dont think anyone in the middle-east would be seen dead with that $#@!. I could be wrong though.
      1. Portman's Avatar
        Portman -
        I think it is arrogant and racist to say that we Middle-Easterns have bad taste. You actually forgot the moron that created the thing in the first place. We have the best exotic cars in the world and one of the best yearly auto shows. I guess it's jeoulousy and not bad taste.
      1. BAD430BENZ's Avatar
        BAD430BENZ -
        dammit......somebody took my idea ! guess i will have to come up with a new theme for my car Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
        I think it is arrogant and racist to say that we Middle-Easterns have bad taste. You actually forgot the moron that created the thing in the first place. We have the best exotic cars in the world and one of the best yearly auto shows. I guess it's jeoulousy and not bad taste.
        I don't think it is arrogant at all and it isn't racist. In all honesty, almost every ostentatiously overdone car posted on this site comes from the Middle East. It has nothing to do with race as not everyone there is the same race. I don't play these politically correct games. There is a reason we see gold plated Ferrari's and such coming out of Dubai and nowhere else.

        You really think it is jealousy? I could live with a stock SLR vs. being able to afford this thing.
      1. Kbahl21's Avatar
        Kbahl21 -
        i threw up a little
      1. stormtrooper335's Avatar
        stormtrooper335 -
        you could buy 11 bugatti veyrons or 44 ferrari's for the price of this thing and imo the veyron is a much much better looking car for 1/11 the cost
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
        I think it is arrogant and racist to say that we Middle-Easterns have bad taste. You actually forgot the moron that created the thing in the first place. We have the best exotic cars in the world and one of the best yearly auto shows. I guess it's jeoulousy and not bad taste.
        All the ugly ass modded high end cars are in the middle east. You can't really hide from that.

        I have seen this car floating around the web years ago. I prayed that it would die and never come back. Now it has returned, and for sale?? 11 million?

        The blonde dude takes his broken looking wife around wherever he goes with this car, and tries to pass her off as one of the female car models. GTFO WITH THE UGLIES!
      1. crniamg's Avatar
        crniamg -
        omg its fugly
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        All the ugly ass modded high end cars are in the middle east. You can't really hide from that.

        I have seen this car floating around the web years ago. I prayed that it would die and never come back. Now it has returned, and for sale?? 11 million?

        The blonde dude takes his broken looking wife around wherever he goes with this car, and tries to pass her off as one of the female car models. GTFO WITH THE UGLIES!

        No moron. They have the best looking exotic cars a in the the Middl-East. I can even post a few on this forum just to lighten up your memory. Obvioulsy, your the one with no taste. I see you posting around here and I can see that you are a complete idiot. Go take that SLR and shuv it up your ass, itll fit great.
      1. Yukohama's Avatar
        Yukohama -
        wtf.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        No moron. They have the best looking exotic cars a in the the Middl-East. I can even post a few on this forum just to lighten up your memory. Obvioulsy, your the one with no taste. I see you posting around here and I can see that you are a complete idiot. Go take that SLR and shuv it up your ass, itll fit great.
        He is an engineer. It does not take a degree to see how many ridiculous cars come from oil money. Best? My $#@!
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        He is an engineer. It does not take a degree to see how many ridiculous cars come from oil money. Best? My $#@!
        you are not more smarter than him.looooolClick here to enlarge
      1. 63Master's Avatar
        63Master -
        you keep forgetting the a$$hole that made the thing, who is not Middle-Eastern. He is a douchebag and he will never get 11 million for this piece of dirtClick here to enlarge
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
        you keep forgetting the a$$hole that made the thing, who is not Middle-Eastern. He is a douchebag and he will never get 11 million for this piece of dirtClick here to enlarge

        Attachment 12819
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        This car is so freaking ugly OMG it makes me sick to my stomach, so heinous. Just really really bad looking. TBH I'm really surprised it didn't come from the Middle East or from some African American rapper - yes that may sound racist but I'm just speaking the truth here, and everyone knows it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        This car is so freaking ugly OMG it makes me sick to my stomach, so heinous. Just really really bad looking. TBH I'm really surprised it didn't come from the Middle East or from some African American rapper - yes that may sound racist but I'm just speaking the truth here, and everyone knows it.
        You said African American so you are fine.